Status: Active! My first story so tell me what you think!

Change of Perspective

Chapter One: Just another day?

The buzzer on my alarm goes off right on schedule. Seven a.m. Another day at school. Yay. I shut it off and swing myself out of bed. I glance at my poster adorned walls, stopping at my Avenged Sevenfold poster.

"If only I was older and skinnier, I would totally marry you Synester." I laugh at my self knowing that will never happen.

I head over to my clost and pic out my A7X tee, pair of blue jeans and call it good. I get dressed and put my ratted out converse. They should probably be taken out back and shot but I'm saving up for my baby. ( My baby being my '83 Monte Carlo that at one time my no good of a frikkin father were working on together). I head out to the hallway and hear my mama coming in from her night shift at the diner. I walk to the kitchen and greet her.

" Hey mama."
"Hi sweetheart! you want some breakfast?"
"Nah, I'll get myself something on my way to school."
"You sure?"
"Yep, go get some sleep. You look like a zombie."
"Gee, thanks Aliana."
"No probs." I laugh.
She looks at me carefully.
"You ok, hunny?"
"Yeah, you ok?"
"Well yeah. I just know its been hard since you dad.."
"Mom, that dick wad left us. Not because of you or me but because he saw a piece of ass he wanted. Don't even try to defend him. I read the note he so kindly left for you."
"He did and you are right but God dammit Aliana he is still your father! and I unfortunately still love him!" She starts to break into tears.

I go to her and hold her while she sobs. My mom was a good looking woman. Tall, long red hair, big emerald eyes. She was stunning. Before she had me was slender and damn fine. But the 10 lbs. and 8oz. left with some baby fat she just couldn't get off.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."
"Don't be sorry. I love you baby girl."
"I love you too, mama."
"I'll make you a grilled cheese sandwich at least that way you can save your money, kay?"

I agree and let her make me something so I don't upset her any more. While she's busy humming and cooking, I go to the bathroom to try and manage my unruly curls. I straighten my bangs and put the rest in a ponytail. I put a little eyeliner on and mascara to try and appear as if I tried this morning. I switch off the light and go back to the cheesy smell. Mom's all but done with the sandwich and she's all smiles when she sees me.

"You're so beautiful."
"Mom, I'm your child of course I'm beautiful to you. I think that's the unspoken rule of moms."
"Oh shut up and take the flipping compliment." she laugh, "so is Jess coming to pick you up today or are you walking?"
"Jess should be here in about ten minutes."
"Good I hate it when you walk."
"I know. I almost got the money to completely fix the Monte."
"Wow. That was quick. Thought you wouldn't have it running till next spring."
"Allen game me a raise and he has been giving me extra hours. As much as he can with a a music/candy shop."
"I see. He's really good to you."
And has the hots for you by the way, I think.
"Yep, I think one more paycheck will finish it."

We are quiet for a while and I let my mind wander. I thing its ironic that I want nothing to do with my father but still plan on fixing our project car. I guess I just have the mentality that its almost done, why stop now? I have already sunk tons of money into that thing. A loud honking frenzy startles me and ma.

"That would be Jess." I say as I shove the rest of my sandwich in my mouth.
"Now I know why you don't have any suitors showing up." mom quips
"Hey! I'm hungry." I say chewing
"Eww and have a good day. I love you dork."
"Love ya, too"
"Be safe!" She yells after me

I go out to see my ecstatic friend in the car looking like she was about to explode. I get in her little sliver Escort she and I affectionately call Estavan. She is practically dying from some kind of excitement.

"Hi?'
"GOOD FRIKKIN MORNING!!!"
"What's going on with you?"
" Well guess who got free tickets to Halestorm and A7X!!!"
"Nuh-uh!"
"Oh yeah!!!"
"You're fucking with me!"
"I shit you not!"
"Holy shit!"
"WE'RE GOING TO THE CONCERT!!!!!!" We chant and practically scream
"Okay, calm it down! We're gonna be late." I say laugh at us.
"You're right, okay!" she takes five deliberate and deep breaths before backing out of my drive.

All Jess can talk about is the concert and I can't even get a word in. I just chuckle at her childish excitement and stare out the window. I get lost in my thoughts again till she says "There's rumors of new people in town."

"New People?"
"YUP! Evidently they are strange, according to Abigail."
"Oh so just our kind of strange. Sweet."
"Yep you would've known this if you weren't such a dang workaholic!"
"Sorry! After this paycheck I promise I'm yours!"
"Good, cause my sista from another mister, you need a vacation."
"Don't I know it!"
"But anyway the new family bought the old Karlov mansion."
"Shit! Rich people!"
"Yeah definitely! Rumor is that there's five boys and one girl. Around our age."
"Wow. That's a lot of kids to pop out."
" Well three are adopted, theres a set of twins, and the other one is college age."
" Well, we might see them at school, then."
"Yeah, maybe." she says as we arrive at River Hill High.

She finds a parking spot and we head in. Like all High schools, River Hill has all of your normal cliques. Jocks, Preps, snobby sluts, druggies, geek (nerds), goths/emos, and the inbetweeners like me and Jess. With River Hill being such a small town when new people arrive ( or in my dad's case leave) everyone knows within moments. So it wasn't hard to pick out the five that stood out. Four guys and a girl. Three of the guys have all different colored hair. One has platinum blond hair with green tips, another has a black fohauwk do with the sides dyed purple, and the other has bright red hair. The other guy had a black military style flat top hair cut. The girl had the same black color and hers was long and wavy. It went clear down to her butt it looked like.

"That must be them." Jess announces.
"Yep. Our kind of strange." I reply
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me how I did!! Always open to comments and suggestions!!!