Status: Active! My first story so tell me what you think!

Change of Perspective

Chapter 23: Lavender Ghost

**Aliana’s POV**
“Time to head inside and chill out!” Ronnie yells and runs for the front door.
Everyone but me and Vincent follow. I start to have the feeling, that I am being watched. I know Vincent can feel it.
“You ok?” He asks looking down at me.
I meet his caring gaze and smile.
“I am. Let’s go inside, love.” I reply and lead him to the door.
We enter the house and hear the group on the second level. Together we make our way up the stairs and see that the whole family except for Calen is there. Ronnie and Zane are fighting for movie picks and Luna is cuddling up to Matt on one part of the sectional. Cassie and Jess are having a thumb war and Tommy is messing around on his phone. I chuckle at the sight of Mrs. Gracian sitting in the middle of it shaking her head. I separate from Vincent and go over to her.
“I don’t know what possessed me to want all these rascals.” She says chuckling while I squeeze in a spot next to her.
“They make life interesting.” I say laughing with her. “Without them life wouldn’t be nearly as fun.”
“That may be true but I wonder about my sanity a little.” She smiles wide at me.
“Nah, Mrs. Gracian you aren’t crazy. That would be your children.” I laugh pointing at Ronnie and Zane now wrestling on the ground.
“Please call me Louise. You are my daughter now, Aliana.” She leans over and squeezes my hand.
I smile back at her.
“The movie has been selected! It shall be my favorite movie….UNDERWORLD!!!!!!!” Ronnie shouts jumping away from Zane who was trying to grab his foot.
Ronnie was too quick and put in the movie. Vincent settled in by me and was so comfy he fell asleep almost immediately. About halfway through, I got a little thirsty. I carefully move Vincent so he didn’t wake up. I excuse myself and avoid blocking the hug T.V. and make my way to the kitchen. I suddenly get that same feeling as earlier. Like someone is watching you and you can’t get rid of the feeling. I stop in the doorway of the kitchen and look around. No one is in here but me. Trying to just shake it off, I make my way to the fridge to grab a drink. I open the door then all of a sudden I see a flash of lavender beside me. I jerk upright and look around again. Nothing once again. Ok, I am super freaked out now. Grabbing a Pepsi I slam the door shut and swing around to run back up stairs. But there was a lavender haired woman behind me now. Scared beyond belief I drop the bottle of Pepsi and plaster myself against the fridge.
“Aww, how sweet. You are afraid.” The woman speaks.
That’s when I recognize her. Jasmine. The witch who used Vincent.
“Oh good you do know who I am. It will make things much easier. You see I am here to get Vincent back through his beloved.” She says reaching out to touch my face.
I smack her hand her away. In her shock she stepped back allowing me to move to the counter putting distance between us.
“So spirited. No wonder Theo had such a fun time playing with you.” She says with a sick smile.
“You sent him.” I say with a hiss.
“Oh yes. Once I found out that Vincent had found his mate. I knew this would be the best opportunity to secure him.” She says toying with her curls.
“He is a man not a fucking piece of meat you whore.” I spit at her.
“And what a man he is. I have never been more satisfied than when he fed me. That’s why I need him back. I am going to bargain you for him.” She smiles coyly and starts toward me.
I try to scream but nothing comes out.
“Silly human. I am beyond anything you could comprehend. I plan to take you and let him suffer a little bit and then reveal his kryptonite.” She flicks her wrist and a golden hue covers the entire the kitchen like barrier.
“If you take me you are going to kill Vincent. We share his life force.” I say hoping that might put a kink in her plans.
“I know… That idiot Theo fucked up my plans momentarily. But I found a way like I always do.” She snapped her fingers and it felt like a electric current went through me, sending me to my knees.
“Say buh-bye Aliana!” I hear her say before my vision goes black.
**Vincent’s POV**
I gasp awake to find Aliana gone. My mother touches my shoulder and I look at her. Something is wrong I can’t feel Aliana. As if my mother knew, she jumped up and ran down stairs I follow behind her. That’s when a bright flash lights up the entire house. Hissing my mother crumples to the ground. I run to her and guard her from the light. It soon fades.
“Mom, are you alright?” I question as I turn her over in my arms.
Her skin is burnt, she’s barely able to open her eyes.
“Find Ali…..I fine….” She says so hoarse it’s almost a whisper.
Matt and Zane are already there beside me and I leave our mother in their care. I run through the house and stop dead in the kitchen. I could feel Aliana here but she was nowhere in sight. Who the fuck did this?!
“There’s a powerful magic covering the room, Vincent. It’s regal.” I hear Jess coming from behind me.
“What do you mean, regal?” I ask wanting to know where the fuck Aliana was.
“Witches have a royal family, I mean. They have the most distinct magic, they are the most powerful of us all. They don’t have deluded blood like most.” Jess explains putting her hand against the doorframe.
A small light came from her hand and she closed her eyes. Moving around the room like this until she stopped by the back door. Her eyes flicked open. Realization shone brightly in her eyes.
“What is it, Jess?” I ask desperate to know what was going on.
“Aliana and your life forces are separated. She is no longer here. This is dark magic, Vincent. Someone royal is playing with some dangerous forces.”
“Who the fuck has her?!” I ask feeling my demon stirring, scratching at the door.
“I need to investigate more. Whoever did covered themselves well. No one even detected them.”
“We don’t have time, for that Jess! I need to find her now!” I roar my beast begging to be set free.
“Vincent!” I hear my father’s voice.
I swing toward him and see his skin burnt like mothers.
“Calm yourself. I can’t blame you for your impatience but we must find out who exactly took her.” My father comes over to me and hugged me.
I return his affection but it did not soothe my temper. I wanted blood. I wanted to kill whoever took my Aliana. I left the room and went up to my room. I wasn’t doing any good down there so I sat on the futon. Her scent all around me. I rake my hands through my hair. Why does this happen? Why do I have the shittiest luck on the planet?! I finally have the most gentle and caring mate I could ever hope for and then she’s threatened twice within a month of knowing her. If I get her back will she still want me? I have cause her life to be in danger many times, she may be too mentally scarred to even decide. I can only pray that Aliana stays headstrong and keep her sanity. Interrupting my thoughts, Ronnie busts into my room.
“What is it?” I ask approaching him.
“Jess… She found out who took Aliana but now is suffering from visions of our deaths.” Ronnie informs me.
“What??!” I ask not understanding.
He motions for me to follow. I do and go back to the kitchen. There Jess is lying on the floor mumbling things. Zane is there holding her trying to bring her back to him. Tears are flowing freely from him and Cassie is trying to soothe him.
“When she unlocked the seal on the room, she collapsed and started crying/moaning of blood and how we were all dead.” Luna explains.
I fall to my knees. I have caused so much pain here. Zane is battling for his mate, mom and dad are out of commission, and everyone here is so afraid they can’t even function. I have in some way brought this upon everyone. I look over to Jess who is sobbing now and it’s like she’s in a dream state. Wait a minute, if Theo dream walked, I should be able to.
“Matt I need you to knock my ass out.” I say getting to my feet.
“What?!” He says confused.
“She’s in dream state. I drank Theo’s blood now I should be able to dream walk. I may be able to help her escape this.” I spew out as fast as I could.
“It may work…” Luna says pondering.
“Do it! PLEASE! Save her Vincent! PLEASE!” Zane pleas, shaking while clutching on to Jess.
I look to him and back to Matt.
“Do it, brother. Only you can.” I say reassuring him
“I am sorry.” He says then attacks me.
Soon enough all I see is black. I try and focus my energy on Jess. Sure enough a small purple portal opens to me and I go through. Hell broke out and all I could hear were screams and moans. Then I see Jess in a bound of chains, struggling to get free.
“Jess!!!” I yell
She stops and looks around frightened.
“Jess!!!!” I yell again, this time louder.
She spots me and looks terrified.
“NO! PLEASE I WILL STAY JUST STAY AWAY!!!!!” She yells back.
I make my way to her and she screams when I reach her.
“Jess its okay! I’m here to bring you back! Please calm down!” I say struggling to unchain her.
She stops and looks at me in wonder.
“Vincent? It’s the real you??” she asks.
“Yes. Let’s get you out now.” I reply wondering what she meant by the “real you” but not really wanting to find out.
I get most of the chains off and had only a couple more left. More screams and moans that are louder come. Then I see a figure off to my right. I turn to see the last person I wanted to see.
Theo.
“We meet again. How nice is this place? I have enjoyed playing with Jess here. Almost as much as Aliana.” He smiles sinisterly
I lunge for him but go through him.
He tsked me, “I am already dead, Vincent. You cannot hurt me. But I can hurt you…”
He grabs me by the throat and tosses me away from Jess. He appears to the left of where I landed and I scramble to my feet.
“You may know how to enter a dream Vincent but do you know how to leave one?” He laughs.
I look over to see Jess had shimmied out of the chains and she looked at me then disappeared.
Shit. How was I going to get out now?
Then all of a sudden I am drenched in water. I open my eyes to see Jess with Zane holding her. I look around to see the kitchen and the rest of the family. Ronnie evidently had poured water on me to wake me, because he had two empty pitchers. Jess falls to her knees and hugs me. I return her hug, glad she was safe. She pulls away.
“I know who has Aliana.” She says darkly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay!! Here's another one!! Hope you enjoy! Leave me some feed back! Lots of love!