Sequel: Oh, Darling!
Status: Oneshot

The Incident

1/1

Kellin sits crying in the corner, hair falling in his face and fat tear drops staining his cheeks.
Vic stands there dumbfounded. What was he supposed to do? To say? What exactly was expected of him right now? He didn’t know, the situation in itself was pretty tame but he knew his boyfriend, he knew how this stuff effected him.

“It’s just-I didn’t know, I thought..” Kellin starts, his voice shaking from the pressure, his hands balling into fists as his grip on the bedsheets tighten. He thinks, he thinks about what he saw. He thinks about how stupid and pathetic he’s being right now but that shit isn’t something he was used to. It came so unexpectedly.. so suddenly. Should he be crying? Probably not.

“I know Kel, I know. It’s okay though, I promise. ” Kellin shakes his head because no, nothing is ever gonna be okay again. He doesn’t care that he’s overreacting, he’s 17 for fucksake. He has no concept of life, of the world around him. On top of that, he’s always been pretty sheltered, extremely nervous and never particularly rebellious. How was he supposed to react to that?

“No, its not okay,” he weeps harder, Vic now sitting behind him, cradling him, “There was so much blood.”

“Well,” Vic starts, voice calm and steady, “Technically it wasn’t blood. More like the rotting lining of Jens uterus.” he says a little too brightly, which only causes Kellin’s face to twist and the tears to start flowing more. “Baby, it’s okay.”

“But she’s my baby sister! I thought she was dying!” and okay, yeah, Vic could totally understand that. It’s not everyday your mother tells you to wake your 11 year old sister up, only to find her white bedsheets covered in blood. Her first period, apparently. Nature, of course, but Kellin just couldn’t deal. What else was he supposed to think?

“I know, but its okay. Jenna’s okay, she’s just going through what every girl does. Don’t let it get to you honey.” Vic cooed.

“She’s in pain..”

“That why painkillers were invented, Kels. Don’t you worry about a thing, she’s got your mom to look out for her and teach her these things. At least it wasn’t anything awful, sweetheart. Its all okay..” His words didn’t seem to phase Kellin, however, since he just buried his head into Vic’s shoulder and shook. This whole thing was ridiculous, but this was also Kellin and Vic couldn’t expect anything less so he understood and held him, gently rocking him back and forth to calm his nerves.

“Hey Vic?” Kellin mumbled after a few minutes, head still buried in the material of Vic’s hoodie.

“Yeah Kells?”

“I’m so glad I’m not a girl..” He said, and Vic simply laughed, hugging the boy tighter. It was moments like these where he felt safest, holding his utterly ridiculous boyfriend after he witnessed the trauma of menstruation. How odd, the strangest moments always tended to become the most important within their relationship and that was okay. Everything involving Kellin was okay, happy, innocent and sweet. That was the kind of relationship they had, and Vic wouldn’t trade it for the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah i did just write a ficlet about kellin being traumatized by his little sisters first period.
i dont even know where that came from
this might be a thing now that im techinically not a student anymore and summers started
mini ficlets are my fave anyway
but ya
i hope you enjoy and junk
xo