If I Said Your Smile's All That Mattered, Would You Save My Life?

Chapter Three.

Never stay up all night when you have school the next day. It's extremely stupid. For me, by the time all of the Star Wars movies had ended, it was three in the morning. After that, the guys still had to sing and play me happy birthday. We all pilled into Jack's car and drove over to Rian's. From the moment they started playing, I knew they were going to wake up some soon to be very angry people.

We didn't sleep at all after that. Rian's parents soon made us stop the music, but we continued to joke around until the sun came up. Jack and I then got in his car and headed back to his place. Alex and Zack just stayed at Rian's, already having clothes there from previous late nights.

But Jack said we had to come back to his house because I still hadn't gotten my gift. Once we entered his house, we ran up the stairs to his room, our feet banging loudly on each step. It was a good thing that his mum wasn't there for us to wake up. His dad, however, was there but was so deeply asleep that nothing would have woken him up.

We entered his room and I ran over to his bed, so tired. Jack just laughed and ran into his closest to pull out my gift. "I didn't bother wrapping it," he mumbled, reaching up into his closest for it. "So don't look until I have it out."

I nodded in response. Then, remembering he couldn't see me, I added, "Okay." I closed my eyes, trying to guess what it was that he could have gotten me. Excitement filled my body as I waited. And waited. It felt like hours that I just sat there.

Then Jack said, "Open your eyes now, doll." I obeyed and saw something in front of my eyes that I couldn't make out. It was centimeters in front of my face and it looked beyond blurry. I swatted the object out of the way and Jack laughed. "Here," he said and placed it on my lap.

I smiled up at Jack and then looked down to see whatever it was that he got me. I let out a squeal and almost died when I saw it. It must have taken him years to find. They were limited copies made and even more limited people that had it. I smiled down at the CD, the words 'Ready…Break' smiling back at me.

I got up and hugged Jack. Instead of hugging me back, he tackled me back onto his bed we sort of just laid there, my arms wrapped around him and his body so close to mine. We stayed like that, smiles on our faces and my heart betting a bit off pace. We didn't move until we finally realized school was going to start in ten minutes.

I didn't have enough time to head back home to change. I didn't have any of my clothes at Jack's either. So Jack ran around his room, looking for clothes that he could wear [that didn't smell like feet] and didn't pay attention to me at all. I quietly snuck out of his room and went to find out if his mother owned anything that would fit.

I tried my best to make sure I didn't wake up Jack's father. Despite the fact that he slept through almost anything, I couldn't help but be worried just the same. I raided his mum's closet and looked for something that wasn't mega small. She was a tiny, frail looking lady. And I, well, wasn't.

In the end, all I could find was a pair of really old orange maternity pants. I quickly slipped them on and ran up to Jack's room and grabbed one of his shirts, not caring as to weather it smelled like feet or not. I slipped it on and ran downstairs where Jack was waiting for me in the car.

Turns out, the shirt I stole form Jack's room did smell like feet. On top of that, it had a huge mustard stain right in the middle of it. And the black colour clashed with the orange pants and made me look like a pumpkin. Today was not going to be a good day.

As we arrived at school and I stepped out of the car, Jack laughed at me once he finally noticed what I was wearing. I glared up at him. We had to run as fast as we could to make it into class on time. Of course, Jack was faster and got there before the bell rang. I, on the other hand, stumbled into the class room after the bell rang.

The teacher, an old man named Mr. Burgundy, gave me a scornful look and said, "Leave." I rolled my eyes, knowing that he wouldn't let me in until I came back with a tardy slip. I hated going to the office and getting them. That's why Zack stole a bunch for us forever ago and I always carried them around in my backpack.

Of course, I just now realized that my backpack was still at home. I swore to myself and ran out of the school. I had to walk all the way back home and get my backpack along with maybe a change of clothes. The second I stepped off campus, one of the few school guards that we had tackled me to the ground, dirtying up my clothes.

"You're not allowed to leave, you know that." I got off the ground. The guard, a buff lady by the name of Brittney, gave me a gruff look. She wasn't supposed to touch students in any way. I'm not sure why she had felt the weird need to tackle me.

"I know," I mumbled, walking back onto school grounds. I simply pulled out my phone and begged my mum to bring me bag. She hung up before I could ask her to bring me a change of clothes, too.

So by the time she arrived with my backpack, the bell for the end of first period rang. I took my bag and ran into the school again to my second period. It was the only class that I had with all the guys except Jack. I was slightly dreading it because I was so sure that the second I entered they would all laugh at what was wearing, just like Jack did.

Instead, everyone's attention was on something else, someone else. There she was, a fake smile painted on her perfect face. Alex was saying something to her yet her eyes fell on me the second I entered.

Her fake smile turned into a smirk, her dazzling green eyes lighting up with humor. I knew she was holding back her laughter. I knew it made me so happy to see me like this. And she knew how angry it made me to see her at all.

Someone might as well murder me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.
And sorry this chapter was kind of great.