Status: Active

While She Breathes

It is the year 2020, and humans now live with robots- or robots now live in humans. Bionic technology has allowed humans to live 30 years longer- simply replace the failing organ in you, and live to see tomorrow. Earth is now Bio-Gaia, populated with humans and bionics- those who are part human, part bionic.

While bionics are still human, they have changed what it's like to live. Music has been wiped clean of humanistic characteristics- the cleaner and less human, the better. Acoustic music to most people now was how rock used to be to orthodox Christians.

Luke has been bionic for 7 years- making him 25.
Riley has been human for 22.

Luke works in the gigantic cooperation that runs under Bio-Gaia, Riley works in an antique book shop where books still exist as collectibles (or trash) with the e-book filling up invisible shelves in tablets. While Luke is shiny and new and feeds off the auto-tuned music of Bio-Gaia, Riley is an old soul. She fills her iPod with scratchy vocals and raw acoustic songs to remind herself that her own musical style will never be irrelevant.

Luke meets Riley on a whim, and falls in love. While Riley soon realizes that her own love songs aren't about her boyfriend Jason, but a desperate cry for love that she has never received from him.

Listen to her love song.
Chapter 1 is also my submission for Mibba Magazine's Music Month Contest
  1. Day 1
    Luke
  2. Day 1, 3, 5
    Riley
  3. Day 14, 15
    Luke
  4. Day 21
    Riley
  5. Day 21-28
    Emails
  6. Day 28
    Luke
  7. Day 29
    Riley
  8. Day 30
    Luke