Status: Active

While She Breathes

Day 21-28

Day 21, 11:47 pm

Hi Riley,

This is Luke. Luke from Kapu’s Coffee Shop.

Just wanted to drop you this email so you’d get my address.

You were great tonight by the way, and again, I’m sorry for saying that I hated old-school music cause you have clearly, changed my mind.

Regards,
Luke

=================================

Day 22, 2:04 pm

Dear Luke,

This is Riley, Riley from Kapu’s.

I don’t have an official recording of my song, but I do have a rough version that I did ages ago. I recorded it using my granddad’s old USB-microphone, so the sound should be okay.

That old thing is a dinosaur monster, and I’m not sure if the file format is accessible with whatever computer you’re using. But I attached it anyway.

P.S: Geraldine told me that you’ve been going back tons to catch me perform. You don’t have to do that, I’ll be there this Friday. Last week was a little hectic for me, I don’t usually skip weeks. So don’t pop in too often because Geraldine will hunt you down and offer you one of her rock-hard brownies.

P.P.S: If she’s offered you a muffin already, you’re an apple pie away from her brownies.

Regards,
Riley

Attached: Kiss You (The Spot). Mp3

=================================

Day 22, 11:39 pm

Hello Riley,

Received your song with thanks. The MP3 works fine on my computer, although is there supposed to be static at any part of the song, or is static kind of your style?

P.S Geraldine has offered me her muffin. It was vanilla, and it had one walnut in it. Does her apple pie, incidentally, also have one slice of apple in it?

P.P.S I’ll see you this Friday then.

Regards,
Luke

=================================

Day 23, 3:07 am

Dear Luke,

If there’s static, are you sure your computer supports MP3 files then? I’m so sorry, but all of my past recordings are in MP3 versions, and if it doesn’t work out, I’m not techno-savvy enough to fix anything :(

Thanks for your support though, but I’d very much like to request you to stop tipping me so generously since your support means the world to me. Not everyone comes down every week to hear me sing. I reckon that I have a rather forgettable voice.

P.S No, her apple-pie does not only have one slice of fruit in it. The crust however, you may find too thick to your liking.

Riley

=================================

Day 23, 11:09 am

Hi Riley,

I was really looking forward to the files, damn. Have you ever considered going down to a professional recording studio to produce a few tracks? Because I would totally get them.

No, I do not think that your voice is forgettable. It is, on the contrary, pleasantly addictive. And if you managed to convert a musical idiot like me and convince me to pick up some real ‘old-school’ records from the CD-shop, then I’m sure you’d do wonders with the rest of Bio-Gaia’s population.

So the answer to whether I’ll stop tipping you is no.

P.S What are you doing up so late? I thought only corporate people stayed up so late binge watching television series.

Luke.

=================================

Day 25, 8:45pm

Hey Luke,

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve been caught up with stuff. No, I don’t think I’m good enough for a recording studio, plus I’ve been told that I’m too mangly to be a recording artist. Thank you for your words of encouragement though.

As for your kind declining on tipping me, it wasn’t a question, it was more of a request. You do not need to feel pressured or obligated to spend such money on me. I’m only busking because I love music, the money is an added bonus but it is not something I yearn for.

I work at a bookshop and I handle all the financial stuff, so of course I’d be up at 3 am Luke. Did high-school math homework teach you nothing?

Regards,
Riley

=================================

Day 26, 12:04 am

Hi Riley,

I do not think you are ‘mangly’ if that is a word at all. I think you are rather easy on the eyes. Perhaps a little rough around the edges, but definitely not ‘mangly’.

We will leave the tipping business to when I see you Friday (you will be there, yes?) and we will see if you disappoint me or not with your songs. Even though I doubt you will, seeing that you hold such dear love for music.

Also, bookshop? As in a real book shop? Do you also compute all your finances in a hard-leather-bound notebook?

If so, you are an old-soul Riley.

=================================

Day 28, 2:00am

Yes I will be there today Luke.

And yes, I use a ball-point pen as well.

See you later.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I totally pulled an Anna-ChristianGrey email thing here.