Flourescent Adolescent

we met in the summer

It's funny how relationships usually start or end during the summer months. I'm not sure how things happened exactly but I do know that everything that occurred in those three months felt right. I went from being the girl that no one noticed to the "oh my God, did you hear what Grace did" girl. Do I regret anything? Not really.

I met him at one Rosie's parties. I wasn't even sure exactly how I got talked in to even going to the party in the first place (Rosie and I don't really see eye to eye). I had planned on spending the evening in my room but no, here I was, in an awkward place where I only knew four maybe five people, tops. I stood against the wall, chewing the skin off of my bottom lip and pulling the sleeves of my sweater over my hands, watching people mingle.

Something in me told me to move though.

I should be socializing and making new friends for the upcoming school year.

So, I kicked myself off of the wall and started towards the refreshment table and naturally, being the klutz that I am, I ran into someone. Not just anyone though. A boy. We actually smacked into each other at the same time.

We just stood there, staring at each other.

"Sorry..." we both said together.

He kept staring at me. I kept staring at him. Someone ran into him and his drink ended up on my sweater and his mouth fumbled out an apology and I didn't even care because I couldn't stop staring at how beautiful he was.

Then he was gone; just like that.

I would see him again though, I knew I would. Next time I see him I'll tell him my name and hopefully he'll tell me his.

I was right, I saw him again a few days later.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay a new Skins story.
deds to the bae Abbie.
feeback is nice you guys.
by the way if you had read my other Skins story, which has now been deleted because i'm a dumbass, you'll recognize Stanley.
this is an AU crossover Skins story though.
so I paired Grace from UK Skins with Stanley from US Skins because I think they'd look cute together ok.