Status: Oneshot.

Behave

1/1.

“C’mon Alex! Hurry up a little! I’ve been waiting for you to get dressed for like 3 hours now!” Matt whines dramatically. He’s really only been waiting for about half an hour for Alex to get ready, but it feels like an eternity. And the table he booked for them at this really fancy restaurant will only remain reserved for another half an hour.

Alex finally emerges from the bathroom and Matt forgets about all the worries he’s been having. Alex looks absolutely stunning, his black suit with tie fitting him perfectly, making him look classy, his white button down ironed without a single crease (to admit, it was Matt who did it), while his disheveled hair and Converse-clad feet add just the right touch of messy to his look. To be honest, Matt wouldn’t have anything to say against some making out or something.

But he remembers that they don’t have the time for that and that he’s been really looking forward to going to this restaurant for their first anniversary. It’s supposed to have an amazing cook and a friend hasn’t been shutting up about how he loved it for a long time now. So he’s really excited to find out whether his friend was right and he hasn’t told Alex where they’re going yet; the younger one just knows it’s a fancy restaurant and he hasn’t been the happiest about having to dress up so far but when it comes to styling, he has to always be on point, so he takes his time.

“Finally!” Matt snorts, but the excitement he’s been feeling becomes clear from his voice. Alex just grunts something in response and lets Matt drag him out of the flat. Matt checks whether he has everything and they get in the car when he’s positive about it.

“Matt, can’t we just… stay home… and you know…” Alex begins when Matt is about to turn the key.

“No, for the thousandth time, I promise, you’ll love it, and we can do that later,” Matt replies with a little wink to Alex. Alex always seems to be in the mood, even after a year together. The other band members have been teasing him quite a lot about it but frankly, Jack is even needier when it comes to sex. Matt has walked in on him doing things on the tour bus quite a few times, so he’d know.

When they arrive, Alex lets himself be dragged around again, only to perk up when he realizes that they will be going to that fancy place he’s heard about. He has secretly been wanting to go there.

Matt and Alex leave the elevator when it dings on the 25th floor. The restaurant looks even more spectacular than his friend had described it, Matt realizes satisfied. It’s got a huge glass front with an amazing view over the city and little fairy lights are everywhere.

“Good evening, what can I help you with?” a tiny Asian girl asks.

“Um. I have a reservation. Flyzik,” Matt says, still fazed from the breathtaking view.

“Please follow me,” the girl says, and the both obey. She leads them to a table right next to the window which sets off a slightly uncomfortable feeling in the couple’s stomachs. But they soon realize that it’s not dangerous because the glass that is separating them from the drop is thick and safe.

Alex starts to be a little excited about this; maybe it’s not that bad after all. Dinner with Matt in this amazing place, the thrill of the height they’re on and the high probability of him getting some later lessens his grumpiness.

They sit down at their table and are soon served the entrée, little pieces of bread with all sorts of butter – with herbs, with spices, with garlic. They do it like the other restaurant guests after spying on them – tear a small piece of bread off and put butter on it, eat. It tastes great but they are careful not to eat too much because of the things that are awaiting them.

They are soon ready to order, studying the menu. Matt knew his French class in high school would come in useful at some point… So many French names for food. He is able to decipher three things: duck with rosemary butter, pasta with garlic, peperoni and oil, and steak with grilled potatoes. He shortly asks Alex and they agree to take the steak, because duck isn’t really their thing and pasta is a regular at home already even though the one here would probably be better. Also, they don’t want to stink of garlic on their anniversary. They order, Matt doesn’t completely embarrass himself when saying steak aux pommes de terre grillées and they have their first glass of wine. It’s all so decadent, so foreign to them; it’s not like they’ve never been to a fancy restaurant… just not this fancy.

They talk about a recent deal they may have figured out for the band, then about some tour plans. It’s all just small talk, while under the table, Alex has quietly slipped out of his shoes at this point, and his foot is starting to climb up Matt’s thigh now. Matt suppresses a squeak of surprise and tries to signal Alex to stop but the younger one grins evilly and just carries on. Matt blushes furiously as Alex’s foot just climbs up higher and higher until it’s in a very hot region.

He remembers the one thing that will always stop Alex’s feet whenever they go somewhere they are not supposed to be: he lightly strokes the underside of Alex’s foot and he’s gone. But he’s so rushed to get away from being tickled that his knee hits the underside of the table with a loud ‘thump’. And everyone heard it. Both blush now and only barely hold back a laugh.

Their food arrives. They both start to cut the steak and taste it; it’s amazing. Even better than their friends described it. And the potatoes… Damn.

It’s quickly eaten and they decide to go for dessert too, because why not? The girl scurries away with their order, a crème brulée for two. Matt remembers something he forgot and manages to get her to come back.

“Please, a bottle of champagne,” he says with a smile. He and Alex have something to celebrate after all. The girl nods and leaves again. Alex has settled on a more innocent version of what he was doing before; he’s now playing footsies with Matt.
Matt doesn’t object; he even slips out of his shoe to be able to feel Alex’s foot better. They grin at each other and Alex nearly has to laugh when he thinks of what happened before. He looks at Matt and the older one finds himself choking back a laugh as well.

The champagne quickly arrives and the girl pops it perfectly. When both have their glasses and their dessert, she leaves. Matt looks Alex deeply in the eyes.

“Happy first anniversary, babe. May many others come,” he says softly.

Alex smiles. “Happy anniversary to you too, honey. I love you,” he replies.

“I love you too, Alex.”

They bump their glasses together lightly and both drink a sip. It’s a good champagne and soon, the glasses are empty. Matt pours Alex another glass but he refrains from drinking; he’s gonna drive them home after all. He eats some more of his crème brulée which is delicious.

But Alex protests. “C’mon Matt, just one more glass! We can leave the car and get it tomorrow or something!”

“Alex…”

“Please… We can take a cab,” Alex says, doing those fucking puppy eyes which he knows Matt can’t withstand.

“If you insist…” he sighs but he’s secretly happy that he can have more champagne. Alex cheers and pours him more of the sparkling wine.

They have finished the bottle in a short amount of time and decide to pay. While they wait for the bill, they enjoy the sunset from the skyscraper, the red light reflecting off other high building’s windows. It’s beautiful.

Matt pays and they leave. They’re slightly tipsy so they are rather giggly but they manage to flag down a cab, get inside and tell the driver their destination before they fall over or something. The car starts driving, and one second Alex and Matt are laughing, the next Alex is pressed up tightly against his boyfriend, lips touching, hands wandering.

Matt just goes with it, letting Alex’s tongue slip into his mouth and enjoying Alex’s hands going through his hair. He gets even more excited when Alex begins to kiss along his jawline and down his neck. The younger boy opens Matt’s tie a little so he can get better access to his collarbone and sucks a little bruise into it. Matt pulls Alex’s hair slightly, earning a small gasp from Alex.

They are interrupted by the driver clearing his throat. Matt giggles and throws him some money, says, “keep the change,” and gets out of the car. He pulls Alex behind him and they make it up the front steps to the door. Matt opens it and they stumble inside, already kissing again.

Alex throws Matt against the wall and kisses him feverishly.

“Bedroom?” Matt manages to say before he has to moan at what Alex is doing at the moment. Alex looks at him, nods and they both hurry to get upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was an entry to this competition :)

Hope you enjoyed it, leave me comments and recommend it maybe if you did!

-Laura