Status: Finished!

Skyrim Is Not An Excuse

Chapter one

You smile at your moirial as he begins to yell about something-or-other again. You couldnt help it, he was just too adoreable.
    "Karky." you interrupt, using one of the many nick-names you tease him with. he stops his rant to see 'what the hell you want'. A smile curving your lips, you tell him to "come here and calm down".
        ".            , i swear to gog, this is fucking important!" karkat yells, making some sort of hand gesture that you couldnt quite follow.
          You make the universal signal for 'please, continue, if its so damn important.'  
           "THANK YOU." he begins sqrcastically then.continues on about the way some romance book ended and how "YOU CANT JUST END A 'ROMANCE' BOOK THAT WAY!"
        You frown, confused. "Well, how'd it end?" because to your knowledge, romance could end in just about everyway conceivable.
          "HE DIDNT GET THE GIRL. SHE ENDED UP WITH SOME JERK." he says, looking down at your very dirty carpet of your room in the meteor. No one quite understood how you were here, espescially not you. One day you woke up in the middle of the lab floor, having fallen asleep in you nice, familiar bed only a few hours before. Needless to say, it was quite a shock, not only because you had no idea how you had gotten there, but also because you were surrounded by aliens. You thought you had been abducted at first.
         "But that happens all the time in real life."
        He sighs, annoyed and runs his hands through his silky black hair as if you were stressing him out. It wouldnt be the first time. ".          , DO YOU KNOW WHY IM ALWAYS  READING ROMANCE BOOKS AND WATCHING ROMCOMS?" you shook your head mutely.  "THEY GIVE ME SOME SORT OF DELUDED HOPE THAT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, ILL GET THE GIRL, IF I TRY HARD ENOUGH, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I FUCK SHIT UP."
         "The girl, as in Terezi?" you ask, your heart sinking. You know he has the hugest crush on her, but he doesnt know you have the hugest crush on him. You think he said it was called something like 'quadrant vaccilation'.
        "NO. NOT AS IN TEREZI. I HAVENT LIKED HER LIKE THAT IN A LONG TIME." he said really quietly, still not meeting your eyes.
        "Then who? Or was that just a generic statement, with no one held in mind?" you ask, now majorly confused, but still kinda shattered, because you know theres no way in hell he'll say your name. Hes more likely to say Eridan, for Gods sake.
          He checks his watch, then stands. "OH, FUCK, I PROMISED SOLLUX ID PLAY SKYRIM WITH HIM LATER, IVE GOT TO GO, HELL BE PISSED. SEE YOU LATER,              " and with that, he left. 

(le time skip brought to you by France! Mmm, croissants!)
  
       You spend the rest of your day in your room, playing with your various (strife specibi) and pondering what he was about to say. He couldnt have been about to say you name, could he? You mustve turned that conversation over a thousand times in your head, looking for any indication of the name, and not finding jack.
       Jumping practically out of your skin as you heard a knock on your door, you turned to see karkat standing akwardly in the doorway. ".              ." he said, looking down. You wondered why he didn't come in.
           "Hey, kitkat. Come in, what are you standing out there for?" you say, patting an empty space next to you on your bed.  Reluctantly, he joins you, and sits as far as possible from you. You frown. What the he'll?
          "HEY (insert cute and annoying nick-name)."
         Your frown deepens. "Okay. What's wrong, Karkat?" you say, using his actual name so he knows you're serious.
        "NOTHINGS WRONG, PER SE. I ---REMEMBER WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE I LEFT?" he doesnt meet your eyes as he fiddles with the fringe on your bed spread.
       "About how you don't like Terezi, and was prepared to lie to me about skyrim with SOLLUX in order to not tell me?" you say very politely as he gave you a 'how the fu k did you know that' look.  "I spoke to SOLLUX earlier. Sang like a canary, man."
       "Fucker." he said very off-handedly.
       "So are you ready to be the mature adolescent-troll I know you can be and tell me who the he'll it is that you're so enamored with?" you ask very smugly. "Is it Vriska? John? Oh, no, you said it was a girl... Aradia? Ooooh, is it- MMMF!" you were cut off by a pair of soft lips crushing onto Yours. The kiss ended as soon as it started, much to your disappointment.
       "YOU." he said, breathless, with a hand cupping your cheek. "I AM SO FUCKING RED FOR YOU, IT HURTS." still stunned, you said nothing. "...BUT YOU'RE MY MOIRIAL." his hand fell. "I UNDERSTAND. YOU DON'T LIKE ME LIKE THAT. SORRY. ILL JUST GO." he stood, and moved to leave.
       Wait- leave? No way in he'll were you letting that happen. "Karkitten!" he turnS to you, eyes glazed with tears. "Wait." you run over to him, ball your hands into his sweater and kiss him with everything you have. After getting over his initial shock, he wraps his arms around you waist and licks your bottom lip, seeking entrance. And though you could hold your breath forever, Karkles couldn't and all too soon, you broke apart. "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
My first fluff ever! Also my first Xreader. Lots of firsts covered (first comment PLEASE???). Sorry for typos and any OOC-ness. Thank you soooooooo much for reading!<333