Your Love Is a Razor Blade Kiss

Flashbacks

I woke up from the sound of my alarm going off, and it was the last day of eleventh grade. I'm almost a senior! I'm so glad I'm almost out of this Hell hole. I only have year left, and as soon as I'm done, I'm getting away from my mother, and Phil. Phil is my mom's new husband, and he's not very nice to me, at all. He likes my brother Giovanni, only because he's straight.

My thoughts were interrupted by heavy pounding on my door that made me jump. "Open up faggot!" Phil yelled as he continued to pound on my door. Shit, shit, shit! I said as I shot up.

"One second, God!" I yelled back, and as soon soon as I said that, I covered my mouth. I'm so fucking dead!

"You better open this fucking door! I mean it bitch! Open, or you're going to have more problems than ever before!" Phil threatened, as I slowly made my way to the door. He's going to fucking kill me! I said to myself as I slowly opened the door.

"Please do-" I was saying before he punched me in the face. I instantly fell to the ground, and all I could do was try and stay in a ball. It's not like I could hit back, he was a thousand times tougher than me.

"How about I'm going to teach you some respect fag!" he said, and I whimpered. Please, just please get this over with! I prayed out loud, and Phil laughed. He was enjoying this, and I was helpless.

"Aw, you think prayer is going to help? Maybe if you weren't so gay maybe it would help, but nope." He laughed as he kicked me in the stomach. When was this going to be over? I thought to myself, as I tried standing up.

"You really should keep your fucking mouth shut Joni. It wouldn't have to be like this. But now, I'm going to beat you so fucking bad, I'm going to have to call an ambulance. You know that? But you're going to tell them a group of guys did this to you. Got freak?" That was the last straw, and when I said what I said next, was basically my death wish.

"You know what fuck you!" I screamed as I tried to get away, but he kicked me in the face. I heard the god awful crack of my top four teeth, and my four bottom teeth. Great, why the fuck do I have to open my mouth. I said to myself as he stomped on my back.

"Wha- Oh my god! What the fuck are you doing to my brother!? Get the fuck off of him asshole!" Thank you Giovanni! Thank you! I screamed, and I felt like I was going to die.

The next thing I know, I can hear sirens, and I'm barely able to see.

"You're going to be okay Joni!" I hear my brother say before I can feel someone putting something sturdy around my neck.

"Am I- am I going to die?" I asked, and I'm not sure why I asked that, it just, it just came out. With that, I passed out faster than anyone could snap their fingers.

The next thing I know is I'm waking up on a hospital bed. It was actually really comfortable, but when I open my eyes, I see cops, doctors, a strange man, my brother who's in tears, and my mom, who seems to be so out of it.

"He woke up! Doctor! He woke up!" My brother jumps for joy, and my mother finally shockingly starts to cry, or haven't seen her cry like that in forever. It's upsetting, and that's when I saw him. Phil was standing there, looking "upset" when my mom and brother knew exactly what his deal was. I can't believe my fucking mother had the nerve to keep him around, and take his side over her own son's side. I hope she rots on Hell for this, and I mean it too. I hope she does.

I tried to start spilling my beans to the cops, but I had a tube in my mouth. Holy shit! I was in a coma? For how long?! I hope I can get off of this horrid machine. I thought to myself.

"Okay, you're up, so, we're going to take this out nice and slow, don't try and talk right away. Your throat is going to hurt at first, but the feeling will soon go away. On the count of three... one... two... three..." He said and once he got it all the way out, I literally gasped for air. Thankfully he said that it was normal.

After he gave me some ice cream, and a bottle of water, I could talk again. Thank fucking god! I said to myself as I pointed at Phil. The doctor, strange man, nurses, and cops all looked to see what or who I was pointing at.

Phil gave me a loo before realizing people were staring at him. Oops! The one cop came to me, and said, "So, you're saying he did this to you?" The one cop asked, and I nodded.

The same cop looked at the strange man and said, "Well, since I can clearly see that his living situation isn't very good for a young man like himself, he's going with Mr. Jackson here. Once he is able to leave the hospital of course!" The cop said, and the strange man nodded.

"You sir, are under arrest for child abuse to the first degree. Endangerment of a minor in the first degree. Everything you say will be held against you in the court of law. Do you understand?" The cop said as they caught up with Phil. He tried running from them when they told him he was under arrest.

"I'm so sorry Joni!" My mom cried as they took Phil away. She's not fucking sorry. She's going to bail him out, and I know that for a fucking fact. She's too "in love" with him, and it's disgusting.

"No-No you're not fucking sorry, you're just going to end up taking him back, I just know it. So don't you dare give me that bull shit about "I'm so sorry Joni!" Because I fucking know you're not. I'm honestly glad I'm getting taken away. You won't even miss me." I honestly said, Giovanni's jaw dropped. He's never seen me this pissed off before, ever. But he knows it's the truth, and that's why he's not sticking up for my mom. For once, I'm actually right, and she's wrong. She's fucking wrong.

"Fine. If you really want to fucking believe it! Because I am going to take him back. Bye Joni!" She snaps, and storms out of the room. By this time, it's just me, the strange man, the one cop, and Giovanni. I felt someone kiss my forehead, and when I looked up, it was Giovanni.

"Just call if you need me Joni. I'm serious. You're still my little brother, and I'll always love you. No matter what. Love you Joni." He kissed my forehead.

(A WEEK LATER)

"So, now you're a little better, and since you're still not healing from your wounds, we're going to change you." My foster father said.

"Wait change me? Change me how?" I asked, simply because I didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

"Have you not noticed? We're vampires!" He says as he flashes me his fangs. Oh! That explains a lot! I said to myself as I gave it a thought. Maybe it won't be so bad?

"Are you ready?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Yes. Yes I am." I say, and he grabs my neck. He bends it, and he leans hi-

(BACK TO REALITY)
"JONI!"

"HUH! WHAT!?" I say as I jump from my seat at the kitchen table.

"You okay? You've been starting to freak me out. You've been staring at our empty refrigerator for about an hour. Everything okay?" Jess, my best friend asked me.

"Yeah. I'm just really hungry."

"You're always hungry. Now let's go! Warped Tour is in town!" Jess said, and I jumped up.

Yeah, maybe I'm not okay after all.