Your Love Is a Razor Blade Kiss

Bus Wonderland

I remembered passing the chain link fences on my way back where Joni and I crashed. It was technically squatting and illegal, but we did not bother ourselves with technicalities. When you're broke, have no job in a dom's world, and are two fertiles alone on their own, you get over technicalities real quick. A lot of things we did was illegal, but we did not concern ourselves about them. Everything we did was to just make it another day.

Joni and I wandered to the fairgrounds, scouring the fence for easy accessibility. We found that point in the furthest corner of the area behind the amphitheater. Guards would be patrolling around parts like that, however, so we moved fast. I dropped down first and searched for a crowd to hide in as Joni climbed over. I pulled him along with a group of school kids - humans - but they did not seen to care about us. It was just like how I knew humans to be: oblivious.

They never change...

They were almost bovine, it was ridiculous. How do you not know the child you picked up off the streets was a fucking vampire? Humans were just unbelievably naive and dim.

Joni and I eventually broke off from our temporary pack of discretion to sneak around. We could not go to the concession stands, but we could meander deeper into the fairgrounds. We were rather skillful when it came to stealth by now; we stole things to live, but there were a lot of guards around this particular spot. It just looked like a massive parking lot for buses, but all the names painted across each vehicle told me they were the bands'.

"Shit..." Joni swore breathlessly. "It's fucking Bus Wonderland..."

"There are bound to be open windows," I started kicking into hungry thief mode as I scurried around the gated lot.

There was also bound to be holes in fences, apparently. I looked over at Joni in disbelief. What luck! What idiot thought it was okay to leave a massive fucking opening in the only wall protecting the bands from overzealous fans? I did not question it further and pushed against the broken links to separate them even more from the pole. Joni held it for me to squeeze through and I repeated the process with him.

Joni suddenly jammed his elbow in my side and rammed his body against mine to get me to move. I barely saw the yellow uniform of a guard as he turned the corner, and we disappeared into a world of buses.

"I..." Joni seemed lost.

I was too, honestly. I had absolutely no idea where we were in relation to where we came in nor where anyone else was. We avoided the sound of voices and scuffling feet, but it only had us going deeper into this maze of metal and tires.

"I don't know where we are," he eventually finished.

"Me neither, keep going," I pushed him forward as I heard the shuffle of gravel.

As grass became more congested, we found ourselves in a seemingly quiet part of Bus Wonderland. Joni stopped me.

"S'open," he pointed to a bus with wide open doors.

"Probably because someone's in there," I tried to warn him off but I could not even hear any sound from within.

However, Joni was already gone. He had the stubborn habit of not listening once his mind was made up. I fought whether or not to follow him or wait, but his dismissive wave as he disappeared inside released me to go on my own search. I was not too happy about it, either.

Just don't get into trouble. I attempted psychic communication in vain.

I walked around, testing silent doors while looking for carelessly open windows. I nearly fell flat on my ass when one of the doors actually swung out as I pulled. I stared in a daze for a tense moment, preparing for someone to come out but, for all intents and purposes, the bus was empty. I peeked inside: it was quiet and darkened by the shadow play of fading sunlight.

I stepped inside, navigating to the little fridge in a small kitchen area. I cautiously opened it with one finger, as if it would somehow make it less dangerous to be there. I only got a peak before I heard a curtain move further back. I jumped up so suddenly the refrigerator door snapped shut on its own with a crisp clap.

Shit.

I began backing away slowly as to not alert the person to my presence any more. I was just too slow getting back to the door when a dom walked out to confront me. He jolted in surprise, eyes giving off a quick flash of red.

Fuck! I ran.

"Hey!" He chased me.

Maybe I should have taken my own advice on not getting into trouble...

I fled back into the maze hoping I could lose him somewhere, but my area of movement was limited to where people were not. I could not risk getting a whole damned parade of doms on me. I would never get out.

I passed the bus Joni had gone into, the door now closed. I may have been questioning, worrying more had I not been busy running for my life. Good thing street life prepares you for tests of speed and endurance.

I took some baffling turns that disoriented me and skirted around vehicles I heard sounds from. I never lost him for a second. I could not tell if he was just focusing on my footsteps or if he was really that experienced as a hunter.

I skid to a startled halt as I rounded a bus and found myself facing the corner of the fence. I was surrounded on all sides, either by the damned fence, noisy vehicles, or the dom. He slipped around the bus calmly, not even running after me at this point. It struck me with all the potential reasons for his sudden relaxation with my capture.

Had he managed to herd me into the corner? Did he know I did not know where I was going? Did he know where I was heading? Had I made my path that obvious?

He approached me boldly, a worrisome ease in his movements that left me paralyzed. I had backed myself further into the corner, my back against the fence, fingers looped in between the links. All I could do was stare and hope he did not feel aggressive.

"I..." I wanted to defuse him before he tried to kill me. "I'm sorry..."

He did not say anything in response, but he stopped closing in on me. He was close enough to reach out and touch, assuming I wanted to lose an arm. He was a predator, alright. His eyes were sharp, two storming orbs of blue that tracked my face, my feet, my hands. His breathing was even. His body was built to be agile, to catch prey, and his smaller size probably did not affect his performance. I knew for a fact that being smaller than your aggressor could just as easily be spun into an advantage they could not overcome as simply. He was not much bigger than me, unfortunately. He would have surely caught me if I tried to get around him.

I found myself staring death in the face, but his body, his eyes, something clicked inside me. My cheeks heated up under his collected gaze. His shoulders squared, I pressed harder against the fence hoping it would break. His breath became less even, but his eyes stayed the same. He took a step towards me, I straightened against the links and lowered my head.

He hovered me, "you smell sweet."

My gaze flew up to his in shock. I what?

I wanted to ask, but I whimpered instead. And it was all just smooth sailing from there, obviously, as his hand rose to my throat and his thumb dug into the space just under the hinge of my jaw. I flinched in response, temperature rising. No one touched me there, I never let them. However, this was different. He was calculated in his motions, analyzing me like a lab experiment. His thumb rubbed a small circle as he tilted my head, my breath hitched, gritted my teeth, and shut my eyes.

He moved his hand and I looked again. His eyes were dark and I knew what was coming next. The red glow out-shined the ultramarine glimmer to reveal just how badly my hormones were affecting him. Then, his head dipped down and his lips connected to that spot under my jaw. I knocked my head back upon immediate reaction, feeling his fingers hook into the links close to mine and pull in the fence, forcing me against him.

His fangs dragged across my skin, stirring me into grabbing him, no need for the fence. His arms wrapped around me as he punctured my neck, retracted and bit me again. I clung tightly to him as he left bite marks along my flesh, slipping his fangs into each wound at least twice before moving on. The lower he got, the higher my temperature rose, the more daring I became. I had buried my face in his shoulder and shuddered, quivering in his grasp. Then, I wanted a piece of him.

I dug my fangs into his collar, felt him slam me against the fence, and then he started to drink.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is good therapy, I enjoy this ^_^
Thanks blanklove. for commenting!