Your Love Is a Razor Blade Kiss

Attraction

My mind was so hazy, it took a while of stillness before I could successfully place all the fuzzy pieces back together. He bit me - a lot - and I knew it was over - I thought - but then, I got dizzy. I got really dizzy. He drained my blood until I could not stand on my own. Then, he let go.

He fucking let go.

I slumped into him, and he leaned against the fence. We slid to the ground and he just let me rest. This dom...

Had he forgone both of our instincts out of respect?

Even as I lay against him, he made no move to take me. I just listened to the beating of his heart, his controlled breathing, and took in his undeniable scent. I just did not understand. He had me in the palm of his hand, so why? If he had been completely uninterested in me we would not have been laying there together. He would not have been concerned enough to watch over my recovery.

I had so many questions. I just was not sure how to ask them. However, he had his own.

"What were you doing?" He sounded more like a disappointed parent than an angry dom.

"I...?" I gazed up at him out of curiosity. Was this real?

His eyes had been set on the sky overhead, but he lowered his head and looked at me when I did not answer. I felt warmth in my face before I started stammering like an idiot.

"I-I just... M-my friend a-and I j-just, w-we, uh..." I could not speak looking into those azure seas.

"We were hungry..." I told him quietly, gaze set on the ground.

Still kind of hungry... I thought.

The dom was silent, so I continued to explain myself.

"We saw this and... We got separated, well, he walked off," I said pointedly but went on. "And now I don't know where he is, but we still really need to find some food..."

"He's still in that bus..." He said calmly.

I supposed it never occurred to me that a lot of the vampires here were connected. It must have been like a giant colony during the tour. Maybe it was mandatory?

"Guy named Mike's got him, but I think he's fine," that was almost reassuring.

"You think, huh?" I peered up to meet his ocean gaze.

His eyes were calmer. There was still a watchful, predatory nature about them, but he was more at ease now. I guessed I was no longer deemed as a threat seeing as I had no hopes of fighting him.

"Him and his brother can be ruthless, but the rest of them would be in there with him if they were going to kill him."

"Oh," just a little more reassuring.

Then, the dom smirked, "no promises he isn't getting his world rocked, though."

I squeaked, "What?"

"You honestly came around here thinking there would be no consequences?"

"I... No, we..." I knew we expected these things, at least in the backs of our minds.

"You're two little fertiles running around like you're invincible," he really was starting to sound like a parent. "I could've killed you on a whim - I still might!"

I knew it was for show, but the small growl in the back of his throat had all the heat rising to my face again.

Damn it... Damn him...

"You won't kill me," I called his bluff.

"You gonna bet your life on that?" His muscles coiled beneath the surface like a snake preparing to strike.

"You know what? Yeah, I will," I sat up.

I was not sure how long we stared each other down. We were both so still, I had never been so tense over nothing before. I knew he was not going to hurt me because he would have before if that had really been his intention. How did he rile me up so easily?

Why was the sight of him beneath me like that turning me on so much?

Damn him.

I reached my hands between the crook of his arms on either side of him and leaned down. His lips were warm and soft, his piercings offering an icy contrast. I supposed mine must have felt cold to him, too. Suddenly, he pulled away, eyes trained on something over my shoulder.

I looked back to see a flash of black disappear behind a bus. Was someone watching us?

"That..." He sighed and sat up straighter, "that was Chris. My band must be wondering where I am."

"Oh..." I was honestly still in a daze after that kiss.

Why was I so fucking attracted to this man?

"Do you live near here?" He asked randomly.

"Uh, kind of," I pulled back.

Well, I could not exactly tell him we were squatting at some place the city condemned three years ago. It was supposed to have been torn down already, but it was lucky for us the mayor had other agendas to worry about than some old apartment building with rats.

"Kind of...?" He inquired.

"Joni and I live on the streets," I shrugged. "I guess, we live anywhere we can get into safely..."

He was quiet for a moment, "For how long?"

"Um... I've been out here for eight years, but Joni's a little younger..." I was not sure if I wanted to tell him how old I was, though.

"Eight years..." He seemed to roll the thought in his mind until something occurred to him.

"What's your name?"

I blushed when I realized everything that had happened. I just kissed a literal stranger.

"Uh, Jesse...but, uh, just call me Jess..." I was almost ashamed now.

The dom offered a small, reassuring smile that made my heart skip (and my cheeks get darker), "I'm Ricky."

"That's...fitting," I tried not to blush more.

"I must say, though, everything makes a lot of sense now," Ricky drew up his knee and rested his arm across it.

"Wh-... What?" I leaned back, slightly perturbed.

Then, that smirk grazed his lips again.

"You've faced danger for years; you're attracted to it. That's why you got all hot and bothered when I was hunting you."

That son of a bitch.

"What?!" My voice cracked as a tug of war between amusement and dismay started.

He just chuckled, thinking he was so smart. I liked how he put all the pieces together, though. I liked how he thought. I had never had the pleasure of meeting a dom who thought before jumping. This one in particular was very collected and observant. I liked that.

"Alright," a male voice from behind us.

I swung around to the sound of slow clapping. Two doms were walking up to us; one was really tall, the other was also kind of tall. They both had black hair; the tall one's was longer and the shorter one's was slicked back.

"We're crashing this date," the tall one said, smiling, let his hands fall back to his sides.

"We play in six minutes," the shorter one told Ricky through his drawn-on stitches, cast a vaguely suspicious eye on me.

"Okay, um..." Ricky glanced at me for an unreadable moment.

"Bring the fertile, come on," the tall one rolled his eyes but that smile never left his face.

"You wanna go?" Ricky asked me.

I blushed again.

Damn it.

I opened my mouth to answer, but we were once again interrupted. This time it was my friend, who I was relieved to see.

"Jess?" Joni peeked around the side of the bus furthest from the two doms.

"Joni!" I sighed in relief.

"Goddamn it, Ricky!" The tall one's sudden outburst made me and Joni both jump.

"What?" Ricky seemed dumbfounded by it as well.

"Why do you always get all the bitches? Come on, you fucking whore!" The tall dom made a sweeping gesture as he began walking away.

"But - wait!" Ricky interjected, "I don't even have my stage paint on!"

"Then, you go on naked! Shouldn't have been such a whore, huh!?" The tall one shouted back, turning the corner.

The shorter one was trying to hide his laughter. Ricky was just stupefied by the whole thing. Joni and I were a little uneasy, but I had to admit that I had gotten used to Ricky's scent. I wanted to be around him, if only a little longer.

"Uh, so..." Ricky started again, "you wanna go?"

"I..." I looked over at Joni and nodded.

"Yeah, sure," I could not help the shy smile on my face.

"What?" Joni narrowed his eyes as if he could not believe what he was seeing.

"We're gonna see a show! Don't question me! I am your father!" I teased him.

He deadpanned, "you're two years older than me, not twenty!"

"Unless you have time-traveling sperm or something..." He grumbled before making the realization.

"Wait, that wouldn't even work! You're a fertile! You're a liar, Dad!" He yelled jokingly and crossed his arms.

"I'm your mother?" I tried again, grinning crookedly.

"No." He pointed an accusatory finger at me.

I giggled, happy to have my friend back. However, time was a factor.

"Seriously, this is great and all, but we gotta go, Rick." The other dom tapped his wrist impatiently.

Ricky let out a breath, pushing himself up. Then, he offered his hand to pull me up, too. I took it impishly and pushed down another blush. Joni had seen enough to make fun of me for a few weeks, I did not want to give him anymore ammunition.

"Okay, lets go, then," he glanced at Joni, "both of you."

How could we refuse a dom?
♠ ♠ ♠
Who can refuse Ricky?