Your Love Is a Razor Blade Kiss

So Close

Mike was lucky I was curious about my little Street Fighter. If I had been any more indifferent he would have been shit out of luck. Of course, then no one would have been there to stop Jess from going primitive on the drummer’s hopeless ass. Mike would have killed him, too.

However, Jess could just have easily won. I could see in his eyes earlier that he was a calculated hunter. He saw through even the smallest weakness. Mike would not have been smart enough to extinguish him before his analysis was finished either. He did not often think first.

He followed the rule of the doms: jump now, think later.

I must have missed that memo. I did not often charge in half-cocked. That was why Jess intrigued me so much. He was a lot like me, in that regard. He gave me no choice. I either jumped in at the very instant the window opened or I had something I did not really want to clean up on my hands.

I had to cut him off then. When he was in the corner, I had to keep him distracted. I could not let him see through me. I could not give him that power. He was a fragile fertile otherwise, and that was how I preferred him. I saw it before that Jess could be dangerous.

Mike had just gotten to see it, too. This fertile, he was not part of the weaker sex. He was smarter than they were, the doms. He could have manipulated them, so I did not understand why he subjected himself to back alleyways and darkened corners. It was just another of those intriguing things about him, I guessed.

He made no sense to me.

Even as his teeth dug into my skin, his conflictions confused me. I expected his little fangs, but they never happened. They scraped the flesh but never pierced. There was no way he was hesitating. I could smell his arousal waft around me; the sweet scent called to my instincts to think later. But I could not, it was pointless.

That was what I told myself.

After today, I would never see him again. There was no reason to lose myself over one day I would never get back. That was what I tried to persuade myself.

I kept trying to tell myself that as the sparks of need crackled over my skin. Everything was telling me to think later as the feral fertile hooked an ankle around the back of my knee and pulled up his other leg to fit me right between his thighs. Feeling him against me like that again reminded me of when I had him up against the fence. I knew I would have succumbed to my instincts if I had kept going, so I satisfied the lust with blood instead. It still had not been enough. It was down to either killing him or fucking him, and I did not want to risk my pride for either.

The urges remained even after the fact and never really went away. All he was doing was forcing them back to the surface, but they would not be denied this time. I could not force myself to pull away.

My gaze drifted to the other dom, his eyes nearly black as he smirked over his shoulder. His little fertile’s face was flushed, small canine teeth stabbed into Mike’s wrist.

“Having a problem?” Mike questioned, freeing his arm from – Joni, right? – the fertile’s grasp.

The kid let out a few squeaks and sighs, swaying in his seat. He must have been conflicted with whether or not to lean into the other vampire. I would not blame him. He did kind of get punched in the face, which was looking better now.

“Not as bad as yours,” I said.

Mike rolled his shoulders, “I’m not stuck between his legs.”

“You act like you don’t wanna be.”

He looked back at me, “Have you seen yourself?”

He leaned in saying, “you’re shaking,” with an ever-so-shit-eating grin.

To my dismay, I realized how hard it was resisting my primal instincts. Quick trembles shook my entire body, but my hands were shaking the worst. It was a shameful display. I thought I was over that adolescent bullshit. I thought I had better control than that.

I thought.

It seemed to be the story of the day: “I thought…”

I thought too much.

No. I did not want this.

Why the hell is it so hard to fight it?

I needed to stop thinking so much…

No, stop it.

“Damn it…” I could not believe it.

Mike laughed lowly, but I could not look at him. I did not want him to see the ruby fluorescence of lust. I did not need to feed into his ego.

“Why don’t you go handle that?” The smirk in his voice might as well had been sonorous.

“I don’t fuck on the first date,” I growled in hopes he would drop it.

He scoffed, but Joni had been the one to speak, “unless you’re going to commit… Leave him alone.”

That shut Mike up. It also left me wondering what that could have implied.

I guessed Jess did not appreciate being ignored. My breath drew in sharp as his fangs bit into my flesh. My whole body jolted as heat flooded through me. My nails dug into the table so I would not grab him. Air barely filled my lungs in between hitched breaths as I tried to control myself.

That had me swaying, melting into him. My head met his shoulder and his scent overtook me.

“I think you’ll have to make an exception…” I did not even hear Mike’s words.

The things this fertile was doing to me stopped my brain from working. I could not think. I could barely breathe. This time was different. The instincts were winning, and they would take control of me soon.

I freed my neck from his fangs only to meet his lips in a fevered kiss the next instant. Our tongues tangled and I felt the silver ball in the middle of his.

Oh, shit…

I fell into him, pushing him down on the table top. Coherency lost, I only felt the vibrations as the other two left. If words were spoken, I did not hear them. My full attention, my intention, my wants, needs, mind, body was on him. I was suspended, locked on him. He had me.

Not here. There were too many others. Where else? The bus. The rest of my band were at a signing, they would not be there.

My movements were unresponsive to me, seemingly acting on their own volition. They took his wrist and pulled him along. We jumped the fence, slamming him into it for a fervent moment before leading him back to the buses.

I tracked our scents back to the correct vehicle since seeing it was not an option. All I saw was red and silvery blue eyes filled with passion. Crashing through the door, I pushed him against the driver’s seat, and our hips made contact to create a fluctuating friction.

We pulled at each other’s clothes as I dragged him to the beds in the back. I smelled mine and pinned him down to it. I hovered over his smaller form, hands wrapped tightly around his wrists above his head. My gaze found his through the crimson veil as they glowed a soft pinkish color that matched the paleness of his eyes normally. I had never seen a fertile’s eyes shine like that before.

He tipped his head back to reveal his neck to me. Something primeval began to leak into my veins, my fingers gripping harder around his thin wrists. The offer was not lost on me, in fact, I took it without hesitation. My fangs penetrated his skin and syrupy sweet blood washed over my tongue. I bit him there over and over again; getting his toes to curl was the only goal amidst his squirming, squeaks and moans.

The grinding friction at our waists was almost enough – almost. The want need for more, his desire drove me crazy. I was so close to pushing that line.

We were both so close to the edge and were more than ready to jump.

“Oh my g-! Shit!” And then, a wild Joshua Balz appeared.

I snapped around in time to see him crash to the floor. He backpedalled so fast he knocked himself off balance.

Balz…” I did not mean to snarl at him, but I was past human manners.

“Damn, dude…” He began picking himself back up, “guess I’m glad you still recognize me, shit…”

The other dom’s presence brought me back. I shook my head as if to shake myself of the lust that almost won, pushing myself off the fertile beneath me with effort. His scent still called to me in a way I could not explain.

I was a little pissed, but I was thankful all the same. I had not wanted to make that mistake.

…unless you’re going to commit… Leave him alone.

That fertile’s words suddenly ricocheted in my mind as it started working again.

Jess had sat up, posture tight, shut off, shoulders folding in and hands in his lap. His head was down so his honey locks fell around his face. He was trying to calm himself.

I shook myself again as the urge to go back to him hit me.

No. Stop it.

“I knew I smelled sex. This whole fucking bus is drenched in pheromones. Chris was right, you’re such a whore.” He was easy to ignore, but I was glad Balz was there.

He was the best cock blocker around.

“You can’t smell pheromones,” Jess muttered softly.

“Can smell you…” Balz grumbled back.

I was holding myself steady, holding back every urge to take the little fertile away. It was just the mistake I did not want to make…

The kid made a sudden sound more like a gasp, “I gotta go…!”

The smell and taste of his blood lingered on my tongue as he bolted from the bus. I would admit, I had never wanted someone so bad.

“He was cute…” Josh commented mindlessly.

“Thanks,” I responded noncommittally.

“For what?”

“For stopping me from falling in love.”

That fertile… He trapped me in his spell.

“Hey,” Josh turned to leave, “I can’t save you from that.”

I closed my eyes, supposing he could not. I heard him snicker.

“But I can stop you from knocking him up!”
♠ ♠ ♠
So far XD

This took much longer than it should have, jeez. I wasn't quite sure how to go about explaining Ricky's hesitance so I kind of jumped the gun on it and went for a blunt approach. Ah, maybe I can fix it later.

Anyway, yeah, blanklove. those baby steps hehe those baby steps almost turned NC-17 this time ^_^ <3 Thanks!