Status: I'll update as often as I can!

Secret Heroes

Chapter Six

I finally found Jesse at Tay's locker, after having searched around almost the entire Junior wing. They looked like they were having a conversation, but at the moment, I really didn't care. I walked up to them and grabbed Jesse's arm, turning to his girlfriend and saying, "Hi, Tay. I really need to talk to Jesse right now." And I pulled him away, heading in the direction of my locker because I hadn't stopped there yet.

"Woah, Man. What's up?" Jesse asked with a confused smile on his face. I wasn't usually so bold as to pull him away from a conversation.

A look of realization crossed his face, and he said, "I'm really sorry about Kailey, man. You must be completely broken up about this." I gave him a solemn nod, but on the inside, I couldn't help but think that I wasn't as broken up about this as I should be. I should be completely paralyzed with fear for my sister, and longing to have her back. While I missed her so much, and I was terrified for her, I had hope. I had hope for the first time in my life that things would turn out okay, and I know who gave me that hope. It was a certain little Mexican who goes by the name of Vic.

"Yeah, it sucks." I said, and hoped that he wouldn't further the topic. Luckily, he didn't, and I found the chance to tell him about Vic. "So, uh, I have some gossip for you." I told the red haired man in front of me.

"Ooh, Kellin Quinn has gossip?!" He exclaimed. "We better record this in the history books." He chuckled a little. You see, I didn't have much gossip very often. It was usually Jesse who would tell me things, and I would listen without really caring. "Alright, Quinn, spill it." Jesse said impatiently.

"Alright, alright!" I laughed. "Well, you know Vic Fuentes, right?" I asked, although it was pretty much a pointless question because I complain about him nearly every day. Of course Jesse knows him. He gave me a nod, though, so I continued, "Well... We sort of, um, kissed?" I said it like a question, even though it should have been a statement, because we did kiss.

"Well, did you or didn't you? You don't sound so sure that it happened." Jesse smiled qat me, and I punched him in the arm, obviously not hard enough to hurt him though.

"It happened, you jerk." I laughed a little.

"I was kidding. But... what happened to hating his guts?" Jesse asked, probably a little confused.

"I got over it." I shrugged, and headed off to class.

-

I had somehow made it to fourth period, and I was now sitting in my assigned seat for Spanish (Our seats were arranged in alphabetical order, so I was in the back row). I was idly drawing in my notebook, because honestly, who cares about this class? I sure as hell don't. Anyway, I was drawing, when suddenly this little voice in the back of my head told me to turn to the next page in my notebook. I think this little voice was part of the superpower package, but it only talked to me when something really important was about to happen, so needless to say, I was a little - a lot - nervous for what was about to come.

With shaky hands, I managed to flip the page in my notebook, taking a second to take in what was happening in front of me. There were words appearing out of thin air on the page. I wasn't writing them, and unless someone suddenly had the ability to become invisible, then no one else was doing it either. It said: Sometimes the best hiding places are

That was it. What the fuck? What does this even mean, and how the hell was this happening? I was freaking out, because, well, who wouldn't be? I started sweating, and shaking horribly, I didn't know what the fuck was going on with me.

I picked up my backpack and notebook, and ran out of the room as fast as I could. I bolted down the hallway with the teacher calling my name, but I didn't turn back for anything. I had to figure out what was going on.

I went to the class that I knew Vic was in. He had never actually told me where he'd be, I just somehow knew. I flung open the door, standing in the doorway.

"Vic, the principal wants to see you." I quickly thought up the lie to get him out of class, and when he came to the door, he looked to be in the same state as I was a few minutes ago. The sweating and shaking had stopped for me, but it looked like it just started for him. I could visibly see his hand shaking as he stepped into the hallway and closed the door behind him.

I-in my notebook." Vic stuttered out. "It was wr-writing and just-" I cut him off.

"Me too." and that was all I needed to say as we ran towards his car. He unlocked it, and we both climbed in, me in the passenger side, him in the drivers side. He opened his notebook, showing me a page that contained the same handwriting as mine. His said something different, though.

so close, you would never look in them.

I quickly took mine out, flipping to the page where I knew the writing was at. I grabbed his and set it next to mine, putting the two fragment sentences together.

At the same time, we both read, "Sometimes the best hiding places are so close, you would never look in them."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, chapter six.. Woo
this is the farthest I've ever gotten when writing a fanfic omg.
also, sorry its so short, but I promise that the next one will be longer
anyway, please please please comment/rec/subscribe if you like it!
my ask box on tumblr is always open btw
I'll follow back if you message me and tell me that you're reading the story?
tumblr: dancing-on-the-track
also, I started a fanfiction blog: Colls-fics.tumblr.com
ily all y'all who're reading this