Status: this is my first story, so feel free to give NICE constructive critism.

Pick Me Up

Dusty Red

"God I'd kill for some sunshine" I say to myself approaching the cross walk of the empty 6 am streets. I cross the street to the corner where a park begins. I'm halfway down the street when I hear the engine of a truck I look back when a gust of wind blows past my face as a dusty red pick up truck drives by me. I watch as I walk turning the corner of the block. In the back of the pick up truck I spot curly auburn hair blowing in the cold winter wind, a girl peeks up and looks at me then sloaches back down. As I finally arrived to school after walking (my mom and dad being at work) I spot my bestfriend and walk up to them shivering it being early october . But before I could say anything to Allyssa the bell rang, I went off to my first class. I sat down in my seat in the back of the class. "Why the fuck does it always have to be this cold when its snowing outside??" Talking to myself. "Seriously, did someone not alert them that its October or did the snow not drop a hint?" I looked up from my morning papers between my shaggy green bangs. I looked up to find a girl with slightly tan white skin, auburn hair, her freckles lightly sprinkled over her face, I looked up to see her green eyes. The spark of them made my stare dart down then back up for another glance."Y..yea. Hey your that girl" I say staring at her familiar auburn hair. "Um....that girl...? Yea, yah know those girls, did you remember anything specific to clarify?" She said giggling at me. "Yea, you are that girl, the one with the hair" I say now staring into her eyes. "Yea, its a good trait to have yah know having hair and stuff" I blushed and realised my lack of attention to our conversation." Oh...um I'm sorry I saw you in the back of a pick up truck. At least I thought it was you. Y..your...." I grip my thin sweater sleeves by the cuffs nervously" Your auburn hair" I say. "Oh yea that was me, I saw you too. Walking? At 6 in the morning? In...the snow?" She asked curiously. "Yea, my mom and work, and it takes me a while to get to school" she stopped and thinked" yah know...I could give you a ride from there....I'm sure my dad wouldn't mind." "Oh wow.....really?... thank you." As I said this the bell rang. "Sure so, tomorrow at the park...6am?" She asked. "Yea, see you there" were both in the hallway at this point walking our separate ways I realised I diet know her name. I turned back but she gone by then.
Its finally the end of the day. I couldn't get her out of my mind the whole day. Something about her. Maybe it was because she was so pretty, or the way her eyes glowed when we talked. I don't know. I hardly knew her. "Hey! Zoey!" I heard from a distance I turned around it was my best friend Alyssa we usually walk home together because her house is on the way to mine. "Oh, hey." I said as she caught up to me. "Sooo.....I saw you and Jordyn getting along pretty well" she insisted. "Who?" I asked confused. "Jordyn, the girl you were talking to in class" "Oh, okay, that's her name. "Yea, she's my new ride to school." I said blushing thinking about her. "Okay, wait....are you bushing?" She asked looking at me about to burst out in laughter. "No!" I said in the most unconvincing way. "Hahahaha!! No way! You have a crush!" She bursted out. "I don't know, no......not really. I me a she's pretty..but you know how I feel about dating" I said and she calmed down on the account of my past sucky relationships. "Oh...yea. But still, liking her face is still a crush!!" She called out as she crossed the side walk to her house. I kept walking smiling but I didn't know why. Me? A crush....well maybe.