Status: // newly active //

The Official Guidebook to Science Fiction and Heartbreak

FORWARD: AN UNNECESSARILY POINTLESS INTRODUCTION

I want this to be known now, and I want you to remember it: I don't know a damn thing about anything. As a writer, in high school, my writer's voice has always come from a mixture of first-page-deep Google searches, conjured scenes in my imagination, and my intuition (if you can call it that.) I didn't have any real experiences to draw inspiration from. I sat around all day, either writing or playing or hanging out with my best friend. And you know what they say, right? Maybe you don't, but the writers reading this will understand; great writing draws from experience.

Perhaps that's why I'm starting to write this. This. My first attempt at a serious novel. There had been attempts in the past, when I was certain I wanted to write science fiction. I still do. But this is the first novel I will ever have finished, and I owe it all to one year of my life - one year, one boy, and one heartbreak.

Oh, and before I end this forward and subject you to my shitty collection of writing and rambling that I'm calling a novel, I also think it may be important to leave you with a piece of advice: don't make any assumptions. Hearts are not always broken in the most obvious ways, and you don't always fall in love in the most cinematic fashions. Sometimes things get crazy and a little fucked up and then things happen.

My story is kind of like that. It just kind of happened. Just like most of life, it was unpredictable and scary and yet I found myself drowning in the marvelousness of it all. Honestly, I'm happy to tell all of this story, and to actually express myself for once. But I'm also scared, especially if you are reading this. If you are, well, hey there. It's been awhile.

Anyway, I won't bore you any more with this forward. Now that I think about it, it was nearly pointless. Instead, I could have told you the essentials in just once sentence: Hello, my name is Noah Rogers, I am a writer, and I fell in love with my best friend, Felix Fletcher.
♠ ♠ ♠
trying real writing again... We'll see.