Driving Miss Catherine

Malaysia/China/Bahrain

Seb was feeling on top of the world. The Ferrari was testing much faster on Friday in Malaysia, Cat had not stopped smiling since she returned from New York, and he had just out-qualified Rosberg for second place. A year ago, he would not have thought this outcome possible, but in his shiny new red car he actually had a shot at podium.

What Seb did not know, was that his girlfriend had kissed his teammate, and then run off to Finland to be with her ex-boyfriend. It was really all a huge misunderstanding, and the situation somehow worked itself out in the end, so Cat didn’t feel the need to tell Seb any of it. She was still processing the events herself and trying to figure out what exactly had happened. She had gone to Finland fully intending to get back together with Heikki, thinking that it would solve the problems she created with her dad and his mom, Mina. But she and Heikki accidentally discovered that Albert and Mina were one step ahead of them, and were already in a relationship of some sort.

Cat thought it was another fake set-up, like she and Heikki had been, but it just didn’t seem right. There was something very genuine about Albert and Mina, and honestly, it grossed Cat out, so she didn’t ask any questions. They claimed to have both realized their love for eachother over the past few weeks as they tried to negotiate the details of the trade Cat had messed up. In a way, they were both messed up enough to pretend to be in love to the point where they married each other, out of spite and convenience.

Cat shook those thoughts out of her head, and tried to focus on the race. It was hot, too hot for Cat. The humidity was making her hair frizz, and sweat trickled down her spine. How were they out there driving like that? Stuck in those hot cars, in their racing overalls and helmets- it must be unbearable. She was wearing a light, flowy, strapless dress, and even that was too much.

In this heat, time seemed to trickle by, yet Cat had somehow not noticed that it was now lap 49, and her boyfriend was still in the lead. How he had gotten so far ahead of Hamilton she wasn’t sure, but she didn’t care. Cat jumped up from her seat to watch the monitors better, and listened to the engineers excited chattering over the headphones.

As he rounded the last corner and started his final, winning lap, Cat’s mind went blank and she could only see her Seb speeding toward victory. Heikki, her father, and Mina seemed a million miles away. The memory of kissing Kevin seemed like a glimpse at a past life. None of that was important because her boyfriend was about to win his first GP with Ferrari, his first since winning his 4th world title in 2013.

His heart was racing as he pulled into the parking spot reserved for first place, but the only thing he was thinking about was giving his girlfriend a hug and a kiss. After climbing out of the cockpit and standing on his car with a Ferrari flag, that’s exactly what he did. Except in his excitement, he forgot to take his helmet off, so Cat kissed his helmet. Seb leaped in the air as he made his way to the top step of the podium. There were so many thoughts running through his head, but the only thing was Cat. He tried not to think of Kimi, and how he should have been here racing with him today, or of his idol, Michael, who had raced for Ferrari. Seb tried to erase all of those images, and focus on the one person who had helped him get where he was today: Cat.

She was the only thing on his mind as he stood on the podium, hearing the German, then Italian, national anthems play. The post race interview seemed to drag on forever, when all he wanted to do was celebrate with his girlfriend. By the time Seb and Cat returned to their hotel room they were exhausted, but still found the energy to celebrate.

Seb was fueled by the adrenaline of winning a race, and Cat was more than willing to let him do whatever he wanted to her. It started slow, with Cat removing her shirt and complaining it was too hot.

“Then why don’t you take the rest of it off?” Seb asked suggestively and reached to unbutton her shorts, hooking his thumbs in her lace undies before slipping them both off. Cat smiled and fell back on the bed in her unmatching bra, but Seb didn’t care that her bra was pink polka dots and her underwear was (Ferrari) red lace. He didn’t care that she hadn’t shaved in a week, or that she was hot and sweaty.

Cat owed it to him, after everything she’d done the past week, to let Seb tie her to the bedpost with his tie and fuck her every way he wanted, or whatever it was he had in mind. She closed her eyes and fought back a smile, knowing that whatever was coming was going to be great and leave her, well, cumming.

She closed her eyes and Seb set about making her the happiest girl in Malaysia. Although there were no ties or anything like that, it still had the end result she was hoping for. They lay in bed catching their breath and slowly coming down from a high only close couples understood. Seb wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on her breast, slowly rising and falling as she breathed.

Her mind raced like Seb’s Ferrari; round and round the same track, but still not going anywhere. To tell Seb… not to tell Seb… what he doesn’t know doesn't hurt him. But would it really hurt him? Her spinning thoughts rocked her to sleep, without helping her made up her mind. ‘

Morning came, and brought a long flight back to Switzerland. Seb was still chipper, as expected after getting his first win, but Cat had not made up her mind. She had more important issues to focus on, like graduating from college, or finishing her final project. If she pushed the issue aside for now, surely it would work itself out in the end. Right?

And this is exactly what Cat did. She concentrated on school for the next two weeks before the Chinese grand prix. In Shanghai, she focused on her final project. Cat reanalyzed her notes and sent the latest version of her project to her advisor hoping for some great feedback. She had been a little distracted lately, but Cat really felt her project was heading in the right direction.

Seb looked disappointed on the podium, only coming in third after his previous win. He was starting to think this third place podium had his name on it. Still, it was better than nothing, and it was certainly better than last year. He wasn’t sad- not by any definition of the word- but he wasn’t happy with the outcome. He’d beat the Mercedes boys once, he could do it again. That was goal, his focus, the light of the end of the tunnel. That was his driving force as he prepared for Bahrain, and hopefully his next podium, if not win.

Cat’s advisor finally got back to her, and requested they meet in person. He suggested she refocus her project and considered extending the due date until the end of summer. It ‘needed work.’ A lot. Her project was weeks behind where he thought it should be, and recommended Cat return to New York to finish her project so he could keep a closer eye on her.

At the moment, Seb was too preoccupied to notice Cat was upset. A dumb mistake cost him a place on the podium, where he was replaced by his younger, less experienced teammate. There was already tension between them, but now Seb was noticeably irritated.

“That kid, the nerve he has-” he slammed the door and startled Cat in the middle of revising her project. “Oh my GOD!” He continued in German, but Cat had an idea of what he was saying.

He knew. He knew about the kiss. He must know, why else would he be so mad? So what, Kevin finished ahead of him, that wasn’t enough to cause this kind of reaction. No, Seb knew that Cat had kissed Kevin. Any minute now he would turn his anger to her, and she braced herself for his harsh words.

“I’m sorry!” She wailed and broke down in tears. “I didn’t mean to do it!”

“What?”

“I didn’t mean to kiss Kevin, it just happened!” Tears streaming down her face, Cat laid her head on her desk and covered it with her arms. As her final project was falling apart, the one thing she was holding onto started slipping away. She couldn’t lose Seb, not now. However, she felt she deserved it.

“Cat, what are you talking about?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! I have a new job and I'm taking a class this summer, so I will be a little busy.