This Cannot be Happening...

Chapter Ten

~Xavier's POV~

I was in the garden, thinking of what just happened. I didn't want to bring Lacey back to the orphanage, but if she won't care for our child, then I have no choice, but to send my soul mate back. Yes, we're soul mates. That is why I chose her as a sex slave and not any other type of slave. Sex slaves spend the most amount of time with the vampire, and I was hoping I could win her over by being nice to her, but I guess she would rather leave then try to get along with me.

I put my head in my hands. "What have I done?" I whispered, "My soul mate hates me and its all because of my stupid temper. If I didn't forget to take my med's and lose my temper, I would've never hit her, she wouldn't have been scared of me, and maybe, just maybe, she would learn to be my friend, then my girlfriend, and then after I tell her that we're soul mates, my wife."

I hear a gasp. I quickly stood up and saw Shannon. She was holding a piece of paper.

"Shannon? What's wrong?" I asked.

"You're Lacey's soul mate?" She whispered.

I nod my head, "Look Shannon, I never meant to hurt her. I had just forgotten to take my med's for three days, and when I don't take my med's, I get abusive when I'm angry. I know that is no excuse, but you got to understand, I love Lacey, and I would do anything to get her to know that." I tell her. Shock fills Shannon's face, but I could tell she believed me.

"Shannon please, help me win her over. I don't want to give her up, but if she's going to treat the child the way she said she would, I would have no choice but to send my true love away." I whispered.

Shannon bit her lower lip for a few seconds before answering. "Xavier, she only said that so you would give him or her up."

"What? She told you that? Why would she want me to give our child up?" I asked really confused.

"Because, she didn't think you would be a good father, due to how she felt when you force yourself onto her every night. She knows it's part of the job, but she feels as if you don't really care about her, that you only cared about sleeping with her." Shannon spoke.

I looked down, ashamed in myself. "Xavier, can I ask you a question?" Shannon asked.

I nod my head, "Sure go ahead,"

"Did you take your med's today?" She asked shyly.

I thought about it. "Oops." I spoke.

Shannon bites her lower lip and said, "Try not to get so upset you start taking it out on someone ok,"

Confusion fills my face, "Um, ok, I'll try, but why would I get upset?" I asked.

Shannon gave me the piece of paper she was holding.

I took it out of her hand and read.

'Dear Shannon, thank you for treating me so nice here. You are the only one I trusted, the only one I'm going to miss. I know I told you that once this baby is born I will have nothing to do with it. You asked me why that is. I told you I didn't want it and never will want it. But that was a lie. I always wanted children, but with the man I love, not with a man who hates me who abused me once. When I found out I was pregnant, I was stunned. I was going to be a mother. I almost smiled at the news, but then I remembered Xavier was the father and I became scared. Not for me, but for my child. I didn't want him or her to be around a man who forced himself onto me. I know that's his job, but I wish he was more gentle with me when he did it. Truth was, I was scared that the child would be like him if he or she grew up with him, and that scared me, no scared is an understatement, terrified would be the closest word that fits my feelings, in fact, I was so terrified that I tried to force myself into a miscarriage so the child wouldn't have to go through that.

When he abused me that night, I became frightened of him, and new I could never trust him not to do the same with the baby.

And then, just before I wrote this, Xavier and I had a huge fight. I told him to send me back to the orphanage and he said he might, after the baby was born. That frightened me the most. I was not about to let Xavier teach anything to the child, so I made a sudden decision to leave. By the time you get this letter, I would be long gone.

I will miss you Shannon, you are a wonderful friend. Thanks for everything.

Your friend,

Lacey

Tears filled my eyes, "She did all those things to protect our child, and all this time I thought she hated our child because of who the father was." I whispered.

"I'm sorry Xavier," Shannon spoke.

"Do you know where she could've gone?" I asked.

Shannon shakes her head, "No, I do not." She whispers.

I sit down in the garden and began to weep. My true love, my soul mate is gone. And I never got the chance to prove myself to her.