This Cannot be Happening...

Chapter Fourteen

I woke up to the sound of talking. "Ok, I'll try to forgive Xavier," I hear Emily's voice.

Anger and betrayal filled my body.

I move my head to see Autumn and David sleeping on a chair, their heads on the bed.

Emily and the girl in the room didn't notice I had woken up. I look back at my children and touched their hands, giving them a slight squeeze.

Their eyes slowly opened. When they saw me staring at them, their faces brightened up. "Mommy!" They said at the same time.

Emily and the girl looked at me and grinned.

"Alaceya, you'll never guess who this girl is," Emily spoke.

"Xavier's friend," I tell her, my voice dull,

"Not just his friend, but your sister." Emily spoke.

I looked at her in disbelief. "She isn't my sister Emily. My sister died. I saw her die. If she tells you she's my sister, she's lying." I tell her.

Emily shakes her head, "She's not. Xavier saved her Alaceya,"

"Ha! Like I'm going to believe that." I rudely spoke.

"It's true, would I ever lie to you?" Emily asked, tears welling in her eyes.

"No, but obviously she would. How can you be so gullible?" I replied.

"I'm not being gullible! She told me stuff that only your sister and I know about you. She's the real deal." Emily tells me.

"She probably followed me or something. She's not my sister. I saw my sister die Emily." I tell her turning my head away, hiding my tears.

"Mommy," Autumn whispered.

"Hm?" I spoke.

"I know it's hard to believe, but she looks almost exactly like my Auntie Renee, just older." She whispered.

I shake my head, "She could've changed her looks." I spoke, still in denial.

~Night Time~

The doctors wanted to keep me over night for observations, so I was still at the hospital. After Emily, my children, and the girl left, I couldn't stop crying until an hour ago.

"NO!" I screamed bolting up.

The doctors were soon in my room.

"Are you ok Alaceya?" A doctor asked.

I nod my head, "I just had a nightmare," I respond.

The doctor nods and leaves, the others following.

I lay back down, trying to get rid of these tears.

I hated that dream, well, memory is more like it. It was when Renee died. I remembered every detail.

I even remember someone telling me and my father that the ambulance was attacked and her body was stolen. 'Who would steal a body anyways?' I thought.

When I open my eyes, it was morning. Emily was in the room too.

She looked like she got barely any sleep.

She looked at me, and gave me a weak smile. I forced myself to return the smile, no not because I didn't want to be her friend anymore, but because I was in no mood to smile, not after the horrible night I had.

"Alaceya, I know you probably want me to drop the subject, but I can't. I have proof that the girl from yesterday is your sister." Emily whispers handing me a piece of paper.

I shake my head as I look at it. "She could've forged it herself," I tell her still not believing her.

Emily shakes her head, "She didn't, I was there with her. We stayed in the room until the doctor came back with the results." She whispers.

That's when I believed her. Guilt filled my body. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry. If I wasn't be so stubborn, I would've never been rude to Renee, to my sister. I'm a horrible person." I whispered as tears started to pool down my cheeks.

"It's ok Alaceya, she understands. She told me she would've reacted the same way." Emily tells me as she comforted me.