Status: I will update this every so often, so please don't be mad at the breaks! :)

Better for You

Chapter 30

I don’t know how long I sat there with my back against the door and my arms wrapped around my legs. I had gone out a couple of hours after the car dealership had called up and told me that I could collect my car. Fortunately I was able to get a taxi there under the short notice and return home with my car. When I got there I found out that someone had paid for its repair so I didn’t even need to pay anything for it, I assumed that it must have been my mum’s way of trying to apologise to me.

When I got home I returned to my position behind the door. I was deep in thought and it was so quiet that I could hear clarity. It was 4 days until Christmas and I had no idea what to do with myself. I had yet to buy both Andy and Liam a present, everyone else I had sorted out. I had bought Harry a present… I’d even brought my parents a present.

I hadn’t bought Daniel a present; but what I supposed to buy him? What present would make up for the 19 years of friendship that we had both been robbed of? The man was a stranger but he was my flesh and blood. I don’t even know what type of music he likes, what his favourite food is.

I don’t even know his middle name.

I was getting so stressed out over this present situation and my parents and Daniel and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry for the proceeding week.

Then my phone began ringing and Abby’s middle school photo came on the screen which caused me to crack a smile at the sight.

“Hello?”

“You need to get your lonely ass down here now Miss Getting-too-friendly-with-harry.” Abby
instructed through the phone and I rolled my eyes.

“He was just comforting me seeing as my friends had ABANDONED me and went to New York!” I replied but I was joking… sort of. I wasn’t mad at Abby in any way for going to New York, they all deserved to have a break; I just wished that they weren’t in a different state when I needed them the most.

“Well then let’s rectify that by getting you over here.” Abby answered and I sighed while staring at her empty bed.

“I-I’m not much fun to be around at the moment.” I told her while picking at my shirt.

“Well then we’ll get you reeeaaally drunk.”

“Abby.”

“No you’re right; you’re a sad drunk.” Abby stated which caused me to gasp. I was not a sad drunk was I? I’d only ever been drunk once and that was when I was in a dark place.

“I am not a sad drunk!” I protested but I could hear Abby chuckling on the other side of the line.

“Sure thing.” She replied but it was clear that she didn’t believe me. “But back to the subject of you coming up to New York.”

“I wish I could but I can’t.” I told her, running a hand through my greasy hair; I need to shower.

“Just tell your parents that we want, surely they won’t mind?” Abby asked, causing to wince at the mention of my parents.

“They’re not the issue. I’ve just got other things going on at the moment like…” I trailed off trying to
think of an excuse.

“Like Harry?”

“Well, not exactly. I mean. There are other reasons… Like that I need to work some more on my English and um…” I stammered.

“Izzy; don’t even try to feed me that bullshit. We both know that you’re probably miles ahead of anyone else in your class.” Abby countered and I remained silent, she had a point. “Why don’t you want to come?”

“I do it’s just, there’s someone that I feel like I should be with at the moment.”

“Izzy; I know that you’re talking with Harry. You can just say that you want to spend your time with
him.”

“No; that’s not it at all. It’s more complicated than that…” I trailed off, not wanting to inform Abby of the Daniel situation over the phone.

“Izzy, please come. I miss you; we all miss you.” Abby said and it was so serious and sincere that I couldn’t find the will in me to deny her.

“I’ll see what I can do.” I answered. We talked for a little while longer and then I hung up and texted Daniel that I was going to be spending Christmas in New York.

We hadn’t made official plans to meet up over Christmas but I felt like it would have made sense to. I debated over informing Harry of my plans but thought better of it; he can experience what it feels like to be left in the dark over something. And as for my mother, I wanted to put as much distance between us as possible to prevent her from ambushing me once again.

Daniel: Sure that’s fine; we can always meet up for New Years instead.

Me: You sure you’re ok? You could always come with if you like?

Daniel: Oh no I’ll probably meet up with some of my friends from college. You have fun in New York
and I’ll see you when you get back.

Me: I’ll try; you have fun too!

After our short conversation I texted Abby saying that I could make it and began packing my bag. I would only be there for just over a week or so but I was still worrying about what to bring. I packed the presents, some clothes and other necessities such as hand sanitizer and my docking station. I searched around the dorm for some sweets for the car journey but found none. Crap. I’d have to stop off to buy some; sweets are a necessity for a long car journey.

I closed my suitcase and sighed, staring at it for a good minute or so while mentally preparing myself for dragging it down to my car.

Then the world stopped as I clutched my lower stomach in pain. Crap, crap, crap, crap. Of all times, now?! I did a quick check and my worries were correct, I had started my period.

“For fuck’s sake!” I cursed when I saw my stained pair of Victoria’s Secret pants. Of all of the pants that could have been ruined it would have to be my white lacy ones. I huffed and changed pants and inserted a tampon.

I sighed and picked up my suitcase and dragged it down to my car and put it in my boot. My outfit choice was nothing special. I was wearing an over-the-shoulder jumper, sweat pants and converse with my hair quickly stuffed up into a bun so that it was out of my face. I was also sporting a red spot that was making itself comfortable on my forehead.

Once I had put on my music I was feeling much better however as I let High For This by The Weeknd play loudly through my speakers. My favourite feature of my car had to be its sound system; you could control the base levels so I always had the base on so loud that I could feel vibrations passing through me.

I made a quick stop off at a gas station to fill up my car with petrol and get some sweets and then continued on with my journey.

Fortunately the traffic wasn’t too bad and so I was able to get into New York within a couple of hours and then I had to turn off my music (much to my dismay) so that I could call Abby for the directions to where they were staying.

When I pulled up I saw that I was in a very upper-class area and I began feeling a little out of place in my outfit. However, I didn’t let that stop me as I got my suitcase out of the boot and began making my way to Apartment 21.

I knocked on the door for a couple of times until the door opened and I was immediately engulfed in a hug from Andy.

“I missed you!” She told me, smiling at me as her eyes flickered over my outfit yet she refrained from making a comment on it.

“Oh fuck!” I heard Abby call from another room as I chuckled, walking into the apartment with my suitcase in hand.

It was a very posh and expensive looking flat, with wooden floors, expensive furniture, pale walls and open rooms which created a very fresh and cleansing aroma. This was also accompanied by the scent of burning.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Abby desperately trying to rescue her attempt of a stir fry. “Oh fuckapoo” she cursed causing me to snort in laughter as Abby immediately turned on her heel and then threw her arms around me. “It’s been too long Iz”

“I know; things got complicated” I said as Andy picks up Abby’s stir-fry and throws it in the bin.

“Hey! I could have rescued that!” Abby told Andy who raises her eyebrow at her in response. “Ok, so maybe I couldn’t have… I guess we’ll just order a take-out when the boys get back.”

“Yes please, I’m freaking starving!” I agreed as Abby, Andy and I all made our way out of the kitchen and into the living room.

“So how are you feeling after the accident?” Abby asked the moment we all sat down.

“Physically, not too bad I guess. I only fractured my arm in the accident but that will be removed in 5 weeks.” I informed them. “So where are the boys at?”

“Last minute shopping.” Andy replied. “How was your journey?”

“Pretty good to be honest, traffic wasn’t too bad.” I answered and as I looked to Abby I saw that she was deep in thought when a look of horror came across her face.

“Shit.” She cursed and Andy rolled her eyes at Abby’s language.

“What is it?” Andy asked.

“I can’t have a proper Christmas dinner.” Abby moaned as she slumped her body against the sofa, resting her head on the frame of it.

I looked over to Andy in question of Abby was talking about and Andy rolled her eyes in response.

“She’s decided to become a vegan.” She informed me and my eyebrows shot up. What the?! Abby ate more meat than Andy and I combined.

“What? Why?”

“Because,” Abby began as she sat up to look at me, “I watched these really horrible videos of these animals being mistreated on the internet by farmers and I so I don’t want to eat any of them or their produce.” Abby explained and I felt proud of her and how she was making a change in her life because of her beliefs.

“That’s really good of you.” I told her with a sincere smile on my face.

“Yea, well you’re not the one who’s going to be eating a salad on Christmas day!” Abby groaned causing Andy and I to chuckle.

“So when should we order dinner?” I was getting hungry; sweets can only fill you up so much.

“I don’t know – why don’t you text the guys to find out when they’ll be back?” Andy asked and I nodded, searching in my pockets to find my phone when I realised that I had left it in my car.

“I left it in my car, I’ll be right back” I told them as I went outside to my car. I walked down the steps to the door of the apartment complex and noticed snow outside. Maybe it’ll snow this Christmas.

I hurriedly got my phone out of my car and then went back inside the building when I bumped into a tall figure. “Sorry” I apologised as I briefly peered up at the person however his caramel eyes held my gaze for a couple of seconds before a blush began to make its way up my cheeks so I looked back down and began to walk on towards the stairs – I refused to take the elevator out of fear.

“What apartment are you staying at?” The stranger asked me and I turned around to face him and I saw his handsome face staring at me. He had a chiselled jaw, but it wasn’t quite as attractive as Harry’s… His brown hair was a chocolate colour and looked soft, yet probably not as soft as Harry’s hair. His body was coated with a golden tan and when I thought about it he did kind of resemble Zayn however his features were slightly more hostile.

“21” I answered and he nodded his head curtly as his eyes swept over my outfit judgementally and I began to feel slightly self-conscious under his critical gaze. “Why?”

“I did not realise we had people like you staying in this complex.” He said with a condescending tone.

“Excuse me?” I asked; I couldn’t believe that he was talking to a stranger with such audacity.

“I think that you heard me correctly.”

“I did, I’m just not sure if you heard yourself correctly.” I retorted.

“What is that supposed to mean?” He asked, straightening up and adjusting the sleeves of his navy suit.

“Don’t worry” I muttered, turning on my heel and walking up to my apartment and refusing to let the posh brat get to me.

“What took you so long?” Andy asked the second I walked through the door and I sighed.

“I bumped into some stuck up prick.” I informed her and she sighed when her phone began ringing and her face seemed shocked as she looked at the caller id and left the room.

“Izzy.”

“Abby.”

“Izzy.”

“Ab-“

“Izzy!”

“What?” I asked, not sure at what Abby was trying to get at.

“When are you going to tell me what happened?” She asked and I opened my mouth to reply when Niall and Liam came through the door their hands carrying at least 6 bags each.

Niall and Liam immediately dropped their bags and came over to give me a welcoming hug. “I am all shopped out.” Niall declared before making his way to Abby and giving her a peck on the cheek, they’re quite cute together I have to admit.

Andy then came back into the room with her pale face like she was in shock.

“Andy, what happened?” I asked as I made my way over to her and gave her a comforting hug.

“Z-Zayn called.” She answered. What?! Why would Zayn call her? “He wants to get back together with me.” She stated with a numb voice. “He said that he’s going to ‘make it right’ for me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So Izzy has decided to spend Christmas with her friends in New York! How will they take the news about Izzy's brother and what is going to happen between Zayn ans Andy??
Sorry about the long wait for the update but I have been ridiculously busy lately!

outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=184260994

new york apartment: http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/apartment_duplex_type/2100357899_zpid/4-_beds/3-_baths/670007-_price/2500-_mp/41.000629,-73.308335,40.410359,-74.648667_rect/9_zm/?3col=true