Status: Thank you so much for reading! Comments would be greatly appreciated!

As Delicate as a Flower

The InFATuation

Harry's POV

A very goofy Sam had exited the bathroom and started pretending she was Elvis. Rian lead her away, rolling her eyes. Louis was looking concerned, but of course Liam and Niall made a joke about it. I had stopped paying attention, however, and turned towards Louis.

"Why so concerned Louman?"

"Hm? Ah nothing." I didn't believe him, however, and so I kept asking questions.

"Is it about Rian, is she okay?"

"No, this is not about Rian, and yes she is okay."

"Is it about Sam?"

"Sort of."

"Oh my god. Are Sam and Rian hooking up?"

"No- well I mean I don't think so. I guess they could be, but I don't see why I would know that..."

"Well is Sam okay?" Louis made the look again as Rian walked into the room.

"What's going on?" Louis asked his twin.

"More of the same. I'm getting her clothes." Rian pointed towards Sam's room and disappears behind the door. I move fast and silently as I walk to Rian's door. I knocked, and to my surprise, Sam's voice called out.

"Come in deary." I took it as a joke so I opened the door and walked in, but when I got inside and looked, I closed the door.

I don't think she thought it was me coming in. Because right now, what I am seeing...

There stood Samantha in her bra and underwear staring at herself in the mirror. Her hair was dark and long, but she had it up at the moment. I could see her spine and her ribs, her shoulder blades, and when she turned towards me, her hip bones and collarbones. She had scarring on her legs and arms, and a few on her midsection as well as stitches in a few areas. Her face was covered with tear stains and she wore an expression of pure hatred and disgust. But it wasn't for me, because as soon as she turned to see me, her face change drastically.

"Welcome to the house of horror. Our first and only exhibit is the crazy "Sambini" with severe issues and more scar tissue than a guy with no arms or legs." she said.

Tears sprung back to her eyes and she turned back to the mirror, the look of disgust and hatred returning as she played with her hair.

The look wasn't for me.

Hell, it wasn't for anyone who could come through that door.

The look was for herself.

"Sam, you're not crazy." I had attempted to sound soft, but my voice cracked and I had to look away for a moment, for fear of tears.

"Yea? Says who?"

"Says me. I think you're beautiful, in fact I think you need to gain some weight. You're scaring me right now quite frankly."

"Scaring you. Awesome." she turned towards the mirror and as I watched, she turned and twisted her body, using her hands to grip her waist.

"I don't want you to die."

"Neither do I. Let's go, Sam. Clothes on. No more checking. Breakfast and then were going out." Rian had appeared in the doorway.

"Where are we going?" Sam asked. Her eyes lit up.

"We aren't walking. Were going to some interview thing." Sam's eyes unlit and she got dressed while being goofy.

"Yabaaaa woot woot. Yahoom. Yerp."

Currently, she was not making any sense. She seem elated and out of control, like high without drugs.

"She'll come back down soon." Rian tells me. I nod carefully while watching Sam jump around on Rian's bed singing songs from a children's television show.

"The worrrllllddd is a magical placeee." Sam sang.

"Did someone giver her weed?" I asked.

"Nope. This just happens sometimes with her. Its almost like she regresses to a toddler." Rian shrugged her shoulders and Sam got off the bed.

"I'm going to use the loo." she says suddenly. Rian's eyes hardened.

"No."

"I'll be fine. Just got to pee." Sam opened the door and was out before Rian could even stand up.

"NO SAM!" Rian ran around the flat and tackled Sam, but Zayn was in the way so Sam escaped, but then she had to go around the other guys to get to the restroom and Louis grabbed her. Sam fought with Louis and when she finally got free, she was only still standing for another moment before she stopped and suddenly fell to her knees.

"Yep. How's it feel." Rian asked. Her body was tired but she looked triumphant.

"The world has hit me with all its might." Sam slumped over and all of the guys looked around at each other.

"Well, at least this time, you didn't have to giver her stitches." Louis said. Rian nodded and walked over to Sam.

"You can do this. Only 6 more days Starshine. You can do that, can't you? That's less than a week. 144 hours. 6 days. You got this."

Sam nodded slowly as Rian rubbed her back. Slowly, Sam bounced back and when she looked at me, all she could do was look down, ashamed.

I sat next to her in the kitchen while everyone ate, except of course, Sam. I used my finger to hook sideways under her chin, which forced her to look at me.

"Cheer up Starshine." I told her. What I got is something I've learned to never take for granted.

A true smile from someone so terribly sad it might break them, as if they were a delicate flower.