Status: Thank you so much for reading! Comments would be greatly appreciated!

As Delicate as a Flower

The Differential View

Rian's POV

"Is she alright?" Niall asks when I close the door to Sam's room.

"Yea, just tired. She'll be okay soon I think."

"Ry, you shouldn't have to deal with this, she should be in the hospital." Louis looks me in the eyes and I sigh.

"Shes going to have to be in the hospital for about a month and a half, I'm trying to keep her home as long as possible. I'm tired though, if we have any more incidents I think I'm going to have to bring her in." I slump in my seat and realize for the first time how tired I am.

I look at the rest of the guys who are watching tv in the dining room as Louis and I talk at the kitchen table. We had gone out for the interview earlier, but it was just an interview for the guys so Sam and I sat outside of the booth, watching and listening. Sam was quiet, and after awhile, she curled up on the couch and fell asleep. Harry picked her up and carried her both to the car and into her room. She's been sleeping since we got home.

"I think you should have brought her in a while ago..." Louis says it so quietly I almost can't hear it, but I do and stare at him in horror.

"That is my best friend. She's more family to me than you are! If I needed her, she would be doing the SAME THING that I am doing for her!"

"Oh yeah? How do you know that?" Louis is asking for a challenge, and I accept.

"BECAUSE SHE'S HAD TO DO IT BEFORE!!!"

"That doesn't change a thing! She's crazy, Ry, she's insane! She's going to kill somebody, and I can't afford for it to be you!!!"

"She isn't crazy or insane, she is SICK! And what do you mean that doesn't change anything? Of course it does! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her! While you were off prancing around on stage and being screamed for my girls who don't even know who Barney is, I've been sick! You know that! For all the puke she's cleaned up for me, I repay her in stitches. You need to let go of the idea that I'm going to just ditch her, because that will NEVER happen."

"Ry, she is going to kill you! You are working your body too hard trying to help her when all you have to do is bring her to Hospital and I'm sure they will take it from there."

"She isn't going to kill me! I know how much I can take and can't take, and she isn't going to cause a downfall!"

"She is crazy." Louis says under his breath, shaking his head. I glare at him.

"She has been through so much, Lou, that you couldn't even understand by looking at her. She is so strong and so amazing, you can't even imagine. She is struggling, and I will help her."

"Ry, I know, I worry about you though!"

"I'm doing fine, if you haven't noticed!"

"What about your kidney? How is that?"

"You mean the one I had to give up? I don't know how it is, but I can tell you the one still there is lonely as fuck. Louis, get off my case!"

"Have you had a check up lately?"

"Yes, I had one a few weeks ago. I am doing fantastic they said."

"You would tell me if anything changed, right?" Louis's eyes look down for a moment and when he looks back up, they are red and tear filled.

"Of course Lou."

"I'm sorry, I just...I had a dream the last night that you got sick again and...died...and I couldn't get it out of my head..."

I stood and hugged my twin, wiping away tears from my eyes. I hear footsteps and when I look up, I notice Harry walking in the room.

"I hate to barge in on this wonderful family moment, but I was just wondering if anyone has checked on Sam?" He flashes us a dimpled grim.

"Uh, no, be my guest though!" I wipe my face again and sniffle a little. Harry turns and walks to Sams door across the flat.

"AHH!!! RIAN!" Harry's frantic voice sends me running. I reach Sam's room and see a wide eyed Harry standing in the door for a moment, then he moves into the room, cautiously yet swift.

The room is a mess when I walk in, with broken glass everywhere. An extremely pale and unconscious Sam is lying on the floor. Harry reaches her first and she is mumbling, which is a good sign. I call an ambulance and it arrives 10 minutes later. During this time Harry holds Sam and rocks her back and forth, neither of us paying attention to any of the other 1D boys. I checked her body and found long, heavily bleeding gashes at her wrists and thighs, the blood pulsing. She hit the arteries.

When the ambulance arrived, the got her on a gurney and asked a bunch of questions I had to answer. Nobody got to go in the ambulance, so we have to drive to the hospital. I sat on the bed for a moment, breathing in deep.

"She didn't try to kill herself, she just needs the release." I tell Harry. He looks up at me with red eyes, biting the inside of his lip to keep from crying. "She'll be fine. She's the toughest person I know, if she can't survive this, nobody can." Harry sniffles and looks away, but he freezes and his mouth drops open.

"Look." He mumbles. I look in the direction that he does and together, we stare frozen and open mouthed.

"Guys, we should get going to the hospital." Louis says from the door. Niall, Zayn, and Liam were all calling different companies to see who would clean Sam's room. I had said I'd do it, but they had none of that.

"Guys? What? What are you looking-oh."

There, on Sam's wall, is the words "NOT CRAZY" written in red ink.

"Is that...?"

"Blood?"

"Yep."

"Well...I guess we know why she was so low..."