Status: Thank you so much for reading! Comments would be greatly appreciated!

As Delicate as a Flower

The Inevitable Hospitalization

Sam's POV

I wake up and look around, trying to locate anyone I might know, along with the source of the annoying beeping sound.

"Sam! Oh! Guys! She's awake! Get the doctor!" Rian's voice sounds from near me, but my eyes can't focus enough to find which body is her's.

A new figure walks into the room, and from what I make out is wearing a white lab coat and tan khakis.

"Sam? My name is Dr. Reynolds, I've been looking after you, medically speaking. How are you feeling?" He looks me in the eyes and I try to focus on him.

"I'm very tired, and I feel slow." my voice is groggy and funny sounding, but Dr. Reynolds does not seem surprised.

"That is to be expected. You lost a lot of blood, and we had to help your body rest so you have a lot of drugs in your system. They will clear out soon enough. May I examine you?" he doesn't wait for an answer before checking the stitches on my legs and arms, taking my blood pressure, temperature, checking my pulse on the machine, checking my IV, and using a light to check my eyes.

"What happened?" I asked Rian when the doctor leaves for a moment.

"We found you passed out and bleeding so we called an ambulance. They brought you here and they stitched you up, gave you a blood transfusion, knocked you out, gave you an IV, talked to me about you and your mental health. You've been unconscious for two days, trying to keep your body from having to do too much work. Dr. Reynolds talked to your therapist, and they agreed to admit you early. They tested your blood and urine too, said your body is clear of the medications, so were starting the ECT early also."

"Where is everyone? Did I scare them off?"

"The guys have been in and out, Harry hasn't left. He's the one who found you. He's scared as hell, but you didn't scare him off. He isn't leaving...that's not what you did this for, was it?"

"No, not at all. But I'll move out after I get discharged, I promise. I'll pay for the damage to the room too."

"Sam why would you move out? And the guys are paying for the room."

"Obviously I'm too much for any single person to handle. You should't have to babysit while being in your own flat. I heard you and Louis, and he is right. I shouldn't be stressing you out even more. I'll move out, I'll find my own flat. My parents will send me money if I need it, I assure you that. But I think its time I move out. You can share your flat with like, a boyfriend or a fish. Either one of those will take less taking care of me, and for knows you deserve that. You are a saint, and you have done so much for me, please, just let me do this, as a thank you."

"Are you fucking delusional?!" Rian's voice raises 3 octaves. "I have dealt with all of this because you're my best friend. There is no way I would do any of that for anyone. If you moved out, I'd worry even more and probably be more stressed out. You aren't moving out unless its into the same flat as somebody else I trust to help you. And since tha-"

Rian is cut off though. Harry barges into the room.

"You're awake." He breaths. He takes 4 strides and arrives at my bed, gently but urgently wrapping his arms around me, tucking his head into the crook of my shoulder. He sniffles and I feel his soft breaths against my neck. My eyes fill with tears and I blink rapidly to try and blink them away.

"How do you feel?" he asks.

"I'm tired. I'm sorry I scared you all." I whispered the words.

"Rian, you can go get coffee and food now, I'll be right here with Sam." Harry's eyes don't leave my form as he speaks, but the tone of his voice makes Rian slip out the door with a puff.

"You scared the living shit out of me. Never, EVER, do that again!" Harry's words are spoken fast with an intensity in his eyes I've never seen, but then he leans forward and kisses me hard on the lips before climbing into the hospital bed with me and holding me as I let, for the first time in a long time, tears flow from my eyes. I fall asleep again and when I wake, Harry is still holding me, his eyelids drooping sleepily but his eyes stay focused on me, as if I am just going to disappear.

"Sam?" Dr. Reynolds enters the room with a nurse, who checks my vitals and gives me a new IV.

"Yes?"

"You're blood counts are not as high as we wished they would be, so we are going to give you another transfusion and watch how that goes. As soon as your counts go up we will start the ECT. However, we do not feel comfortable moving you up to the psychiatric floor due to the number of stitches you have on your body from self-inflicted injuries, which not only could trigger the other patients, but also proves that you will use whatever you can and not think twice, as long as it cuts. And while they do provide watch, I will admit it is not the best in terms of 24/7 care. So what I am going to suggest is that you stay in this room and we will have a nurse come and check on you every 15 minutes, with body checks every hour, and your visiting hours will be changed so that if a person is able to be here, they will be."

"Also, I really feel it is best to keep you on the IV. You were very dehydrated when you came in." And with that, Dr. Reynolds flashed me a smile and left.

"Get some sleep. I'll stay here tonight with you, we'll all talk about this tomorrow and make a schedule so that your almost never alone." Harry kisses my forehead, my cheek, my nose, and finally a light kiss on my lips before my eyelids flutter closed and I fall into unconsciousness.