Status: In progress

Mute Me

Chapter 2

Kitten and Princess were sitting in the little lawn chairs waiting for fans to be let through so that they could start selling when suddenly the eager blonde from earlier was followed by a curly haired lad. Kitten had seen the curly haired lad once or twice and every time she saw him he made her heart skip a beat then again so did a few other people she’d seen walking around but her heart ached whenever the curly haired lad was around. It ached in the best manner, like when she was around princess, ached. Kitten reached over and tapped Princess arm in warning that the boys were coming over to talk to them.

“Hi girls! I’m Niall from earlier!” Niall introduced himself smiling innocently as he looked at the two beautiful girls sitting before him. Princess smiled at the blonde as if he was the cutest thing on the planet. Niall winked in her direction before Harry tugged on his shirt. “This is Harry,” He introduced and Kitten held her hand out shaking Harry’s hand smiling slightly. She felt light headed being in his presence. Both girls waved a polite hello and Princess went to grab a piece of paper,

“I know sign language!” Harry blurted before Princess could even finish finding a piece of paper. Kitten looked at him in shock and Princess looked excited because maybe she could make a friend after all Kitten did have a huge crush on the curly haired one. It’d be great to be his friend. Kitten shared a look with Princess before raising her hands.

‘I’m Kitten, this is Princess. It’s nice to meet you,’ Kitten signed and watched as Harry focused souly on her hands before a bright smile overcame his face. The older girlfriend could feel her heart start to race as he turned to his friend.

“The one with the dark hair is Kitten, The lighter haired one is Princess,” He relayed and Kitten felt her knees go week under her. He really did seem to understand the signing. She could talk to him, it was an amazing feeling. Niall looked to Harry in shock and Awe. Kitten turned towards her girlfriend.

‘He understands!’ she signed excitedly as her hands flew a little faster than she meant them to but she was so excited that someone understood her singing and she didn’t have to get out a piece of paper because paper wasn’t always handy. The curly haired lad was more than proud of himself for being able to talk to these two girls. Now he could go around and brag about it.

‘Good we need an interpreter,’ Princess signed back an amused glint in her eyes. Kitten flushed at the idea of Harry following them around and talking for them but the idea was exciting as well.

“I’d be more than happy to be your interpreter,” Harry volunteered and Princess smiled and clapped her hands together looking at the boy for a moment. “I mean…if you’d like,” He blushed because he sounded all to eager. Niall crossed his arms over his chest pouting like a small child because he didn’t understand what the girls were saying and he wanted to!

‘I think we’d like that,’ Kitten looked to Princess who nodded and turned her attention back to finding a piece of paper and scribbling down a message for Niall. ‘Are you in one of the bands? Your face is on one of the busses I noticed,’ she asked looking towards Harry completely mesmerized.

“Yeah Niall and I are in the main attraction band One direction,” Harry smiled watching as Princess handed a piece of paper to Niall blushing gently as she did. “What’s it say Niall?” Niall blushed and shoved the note into his pocket shaking his head.

“It’s mine you can’t have it!” he put his hand over his pocket and leaned over pressing a soft kiss to Princess cheek in a response to the letter she’d just written him. Kitten rose an eyebrow at her girlfriend and Princess just smiled innocently.

‘Just telling him how cute he is, that’s all’ She signed to her girlfriend and Kitten let out another soft laugh and the sound was like heaven to Harry’s ears. He pretended he didn’t notice what Princess had signed to kitten and just looked back to Niall for a moment. He felt a small tug on his sleeve, kitten was trying to get his attention back and he couldn’t help but feel a blush creep up on his own cheeks.

“You girls should come watch the show tonight,” He suggested and Kitten visibly tense and she bit down on her bottom lip sucking it into her mouth.

‘we’d love to,’ Princess signed reaching out and grabbing her girlfriend’s hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. Kitten groaned softly the sound of her voice sending chills down both boys spine. Harry looked to Niall and then back to the girls. Niall was digging around in his pocket for something.

“AH! Here!” He dug out VIP pins, “All you need to do is show this to one of the security guards and they’ll take you to the VIP area and get you taken care of. There aren’t a lot of those out there, so be careful with them,” He teased and reached over pinning on onto Princess and handing the other to Harry. Carefully Harry leaned forward and pinned it onto Kitten’s shirt.

‘Thank you’ Niall screamed in victory because he understood that one. He knew what Thank you was in any language. He danced in a small circle before turning and jumping on Harry’s back to excited for his own good. Unfortunately for them screams of the crowd that was being let in ruined their good moment. Harry dumped Niall off his back and grabbed his hand.

“We’ll try and find you before the show ok? Good luck!” Niall shouted and Kitten shook her head and Princess let out a soft giggle waving as the boys took off in the opposite direction of the fans. Waiting until they were completely gone Kitten turned towards Princess her face practically on fire. Her crush was in one of the bands and her girlfriends crush was in the same band

‘What have we just done?’ Kitten asked a raised eyebrow trying to wipe the smile off her face because it was starting to make her cheeks hurt from how wide she was smiling. Princess pinched her in the side and grinned just as big as she was.

‘Made some new friends, Relax it’ll be ok’ Kitten highly doubted it would be as ok as Princess insisted it would be. She always insisted that it would be fine. Rarely did it ever turn out as fine as Princess promised it to but for some reason Kitten trusted her with this one something in her stomach and her heart told her it was going to be ok.

‘Insane friends, the blond is nuts!’ She teased glad the fans couldn’t understand what she was signing because currently the two fans in front of them were chattering about how amazing Niall was. Princess shook her head her grin still playing on her lips.

‘Insanely cute,’ Princess teased and not even Kitten could deny that. ‘just like the other two that came and visited the booth yesterday. The dark haired one and the blue eyed one, I’d like to make friends with them too,’ She smirked and Kitten rolled her eyes playfully hitting her girlfriend in the arm because of course her girlfriend was all flirty over these boys. Princess just wanted to have fun and there was nothing wrong with that but sometimes other people didn’t understand their muteness and some people were mean about it. Kitten was just afraid they’d run into someone like that sooner or later.

‘reign in your thirst missy’ Kitten smiled and leaned in pressing a kiss to her girlfriends lips before turning her attention back to the fans and beginning to work.

~~

“Harry and I made friends with the mute girls!” Niall gushed as he sat in the stylist chair. Louis was sitting next to him and he didn’t seem surprised that Niall had made friends with the two girls. Niall made friends with everyone in sight if you weren’t Niall’s friend there was something sadistic about you. It was impossible not to like that little ball of sunshine. Louis hummed his acknowledgment while their hair dresser Lou looked a little surprised.

“You got them to talk?” She asked surprised Niall frowned and shook his head sighing as he looked into the mirror.

“I wish,” He voice dreamily. “Harry knows sign language, and Princess gave me this note that I’m not sharing with any one,” he blushed as he thought about the note tucked safely in his pocket that he’d gotten from her earlier. Lou let out a chuckle, she knew Princess had a crush on Niall in fact the girls had a crush on the whole band. They’d talked to her about it Well signed to her about it. They’d seen the boys individually around the arenas and had come gushing about how cute they were and such.

“And because we are smooth they are coming to the show tonight,” Harry boasted hIs boyfriends and Lou turned to look at him a little shocked.

“you got them to agree to come to a show?” Lou pouted she’d been trying to get the girls out to a show forever and they kept talking about how they were too shy to actually show up at one. The hairdresser shook her head, she must have underestimated how much the girls crushed on these boys if they were agreeing to that.

“Yeah, why?” Niall asked looking up at Lou curiosity eating at his insides because Lou seemed awfully invested in these two girls and she didn’t normally care about the other crew members to much.

“I’ve been trying to get them to come to a show since tour started. Stubborn girls they are,” She shook her head going back to working on Niall’s hair. Now the blonde was even more curious.

“You talk to them?” Louis asked his hair dresser as he kicked his feet up on the mirror leaning back in his chair and looking around the room. Lou shrugged and fiddled around with the blonde locks she was trying to style.

“Um,” She stuttered “They are um, a family friend?” she frowned not sure how to explain what the girls were to her or if she should be sharing her relationship with the girls. “I’ve known them since they were itty bitty kids, we were neighbors,” She huffed. “go figure they’d go to a show for you guys but not me,” She pouted as she finished up Niall’s hair.

“Wait, so have they been mute their whole life?” Liam questioned as he slid into the chair so Lou could style his hair for the show. She paused and looked around at the boys before digging her fingers into the gel and Liam’s unruly hair.

“No, they spoke the majority of their lives,” She admitted letting out a sigh as she remembered the tragedy that ended their speaking. She shook her head brushing it off. “They were about…15 when they quit talking,” she added.

“Why’d they stop talking?!” Lou shook her head sadly at the boys. She knew better than to blab other peoples stories and she loved these girls to much to go sharing something she knew was very secretive.

“Not my place to say love,” She smiled sadly hoping the boys would drop it. “let’s just say they haven’t been treated that great through their lives,” She finished with Liam’s hair and patted his shoulder.

“We’ll I know we’ll see them at the show tonight, I can’t wait for you to see them Liam, they are beautiful,” Harry changed the subject noting Lou’s uncomfortableness with the whole conversation and wanting to help his friend out. Lou let out a laugh and shook her head at Harry’s comment he seemed so in love already and it was insane.

“You really think they’ll show up to a show if they haven’t since the beginning of tour Haz? Don’t get your hopes up,” Zayn being the ever reasonable one hated busting his lovers happy bubble but he didn’t want the youngest lover to get to excited over something that probably wasn’t even going to happen in the first place. He wanted it to work the way the boys wanted it to but these girls didn’t talk and that complicated things.

“I know they’ll show up,” Niall snapped at his boyfriend not meaning to be a dick but he had faith in these girls. He didn’t see a reason why the boys should ruin his fun. He just really hoped he wasn’t wrong when he snapped that they’d show up.

“Well you’ve got two minutes and your arse needs to be on stage, so I guess we’ll see yeah?” Lou smiled gently as she finished playing around in the boy’s hair. She looked around the room making sure that everyone in the room was ready before she smiled just as Paul came in giving them their cue. “I hope for your sake they show up Haz,” She smiled patting the boy on the shoulder as they all left the room.

The lights were blinding as usual as Harry and Niall stepped onto the stage the screaming fans the adrenaline rushing. It all felt so good but tonight Harry and Niall especially were focused on one area of the crowd. Breaking into the first song they allowed themselves to get carried away into the song as they searched the crowd. A small tap on Harry’s shoulder called his attention. The young boy turned towards his eldest band mate and watched as he pointed into the crowd. The two faces they’d been dyeing to see were sitting exactly where Niall and Harry were expecting them to be. The really had come.

As the first song came to a close Harry bounced over to Niall murmuring in his ear exactly where the girls were and his face lit up like a light bulb. He turned around to Zayn and stuck his tongue out at the elder boyfriend as if to say “ha see they did come’ Zayn just shook his head and continued into the next song ignoring his childish boyfriend. Though, he was silently rejoicing that the two girls had really showed up.

“Liam, Liam, Liam” Niall practically skipped over to the male and tapped his shoulder. “Look there they are, “He pointed in their direction and within seconds Liam spotted the girls the boys had been talking about. They were beyond beautiful, Liam was stunned his jaw dropped in awe, they weren’t your average fan or crew member they were absolutely breathe taking. His eyes were drawn to the soft brown haired female who had blonde streaks in her hair. She had a soft body figure and looked absolutely perfect. The other had darker hair and a slightly larger body frame. He wished he could see the color of their eyes but it was to bright and they were too far away.

“Whoa,” He nodded towards Niall before getting pulled into his part of the song his eyes still lingering on the girls in the audience. He watched as Niall leaned down to Paul speaking in his ear and pointing towards the girls before going back to jumping around the stage and singing his heart out.

The words of Lou were still ringing in their heads.
~~

Kitten looked at Princess as they were ushered into the crowd and then past fans and into a special box. She frowned because there weren’t many other people in this little area. A few girls and a boy or two that neither girl recognized. Kitten tapped Princess feeling anxious and really just wanting to go back to the bus. The younger girl turned to her with a raised eyebrow. ‘I want to go back to the bus’ she signed her hands flailing a little more than need be.

‘relax, I’m right here, Look the shows starting,’ She signed back shaking her head and reaching down to grab her girlfriend’s hand to reassure her that Hey, everything was going to be fine. Kitten hated crowds, She hated being in the middle of them and she wasn’t a fan of loud noises but as soon as the Harry’s voice came over the speakers she instantly felt better. She found herself melting into the seat. Princess was practically a puddle as well.

‘It’s all the boys we like, in one place!’ Kitten felt like her heart was going to burst. From the one that could understand her and made her heart race to the one that looked like David Beckham who they had yet to actually be introduced to. They were all there and it was more than her poor already anxious heart could handle. She felt like she was going to pass out

‘They are pointing at us,’ Princess tugged on Kitten’s shirt and pointed back at the stage where they all seemed to be talking and then the two they’d been introduced to formally kept looking and pointing in their direction. The elder girlfriend didn’t know what to think, she’d never had one guys attention much less five of them all at once.

‘I see that,’ Kitten laughed and tried to relax into her seat but her heart was racing, she kept a close eye on them as they moved around the stage and began to sing another song. She was trying hard to relax and enjoy what was going on but her heart had other plans and was making it hard to focus on much of whatever else was swirling around her head. All she could do was focus on Harry and enjoy watching him jump around the stage. He’d keep stopping and sending smiles her way or stop and talk to a fan and she could feel her heart swell with how sweet the boy was.

The show continued like this. The girls focusing on the boys and just watching every little thing they did. Some of the other fans were starting to take notice of the girls being stared at and were getting irritated. That included some of the girls in the booth with them. One of them with light brown hair and dark brown eyes turned and faced them rolling her eyes.

“Why do they keep looking and pointing at you,” She snipped looking towards Kitten and Princes, Though Princess was too far into the show to notice any one talking to her. Kitten shrugged her shoulders and tried to go back to watching the show, “Seriously are you dating one of them!?” The fan growled.

‘No’ Kitten shook her head doubting the fan even understood what she was saying. ‘we just met them’ she tried to communicate in the dumbest manner of Sign language she knew so that the girl might get the point but her signing just seemed to infuriate the girl.

“What are you deaf?! Why would they invite a deaf girl to be in the VIP box! Worthless!” Kitten frowned and looked at her tilting her head to the side getting ready to say something else before Princess turned around anger scribbled all over her face.

‘You wanna go? Or are you going to leave my girlfriend alone?’ Princess signed making more of a challenging sign then what she was actually saying. Kitten gripped her around the waist pulling her back not wanting her girlfriend to end up in a fight in the middle of their first show ever

“Great you’re stupid too! I can flail around like that too!” the fan began to flail around like a monkey as if she was making fun of Princess and kitten it was only making the situation worse.

“Actually she was signing, Obviously something she’s more skilled at then you are,” Lou came to the rescue “And they aren’t deaf they are mute,” She looked at the girls hoping to ward off any kind of argument that was about to break out.

“So you mean your dumb. I bet you are just dumb that’s why you don’t speak. Dumb as hell and ugly too,” She continued and got up in Princess’ face. Kitten tugged her girlfriend back and looked at Lou for help but Lou looked just as stunned and pissed as Princess did. “ I’ll take out you and your little girlfriend,” She threw a punch but Kitten being the over protective girlfriend that she was grabbed Princess by the waist and flung her behind her back and ended up taking the punch to the eye.

The fight didn’t end there as the girl went back after Princess and Kitten’s throat there was a faint shout for security and suddenly a million people were rushing towards them and pulling them apart demanding to know what had happened. Kitten and princess tried to explain wit Lou enterperting but the security guards didn’t care what they had to say they simply escorted the fan out of the building and Kitten and Princess back to their bus.