Status: In progress

Mute Me

chapter 4

It’d taken Kitten and Princess all night to gather themselves again. That horrible memory of nearly losing each other was too much even to share with these boys who so obviously cared. It was too painful but after spending the night in their bunk silently listening to each other’s heart beats they’d calmed themselves into sleep. They’d spent the night holding onto each other as if death would come to the other if they let go.

When they woke It was took a knock on their bus door. Kitten slowly untangled herself from the slightly less awake Princess. She moved through the small bus and made sure her hair was tied up in a messy bun before opening the door a little surprised at what she saw on the other side of it. Standing there in the raining morning weather was a slightly damn Louis and Zayn both of them held a fist full of roses. In Louis’ hand there were a group of pink roses and in Zayn‘s hand the roses were blood red. They were absolutely breath taking.

‘What’s…’ she started to sign only to realize Harry wasn’t around to translate for her. She held up her finger and went and got the white board that Princess had been carrying around with her yesterday. ‘What are the flowers for? Aren’t you two here a bit early? Come in it’s raining!’ She scribbled on the white board showing it to them. A small laugh rumbled from both their chests as they stepped onto the bus and out of the rain still holding their flowers.

“The flowers are because we thought you deserved them,” Zayn smiled “where’s Princess?” Kitten pointed towards the bunk area turning her attention back to Louis raising her eyebrow.

“Actually the flowers are because we as a band have a major crush on you and your girlfriend and we feel horrible that we brought up something so upsetting last night,” Louis explained shaking his head a small blush dusting his cheeks. “We wanted to see you girls before the other guys woke up, that’s why we are here so early,” Kitten took the roses and dug through the kitchen area finding a vase she put some water into it and slipped the flowers into the vase.

“It’s ok I over reacted a little last night” She scribbled on the white board pouting out her bottom lip looking at Louis as sadly as she could. “the question was bound to come about sooner or later,” She showed him the board and he shook his head taking the board from her.

“no it’s ok, we just met you, we should have waited a little longer to ask such a personal question, Niall just gets carried away when he likes someone,” He looked around noting how much smaller their bus was than theirs. It was strange to be in a much smaller bus. “And he really likes you two, he’s just never met someone like you two,” He smiled as he took a seat on the couch. Kitten smiled slightly and looked towards the back as Princess and Zayn emerged. Princess clinging to Zayn’s back.

“Was the only way I could convince her to get out of bed,” Kitten covered her mouth as a small giggle fell from her lips. She knew how stubborn Princess could be to get out of bed so it was no surprise to her that she’d made Zayn carry her out of bed. She couldn’t help but notice how cute and happy Princess looked perched on the dark haired boy’s back.

“Harry just texted that the other guys are awake, you girls wanna come hang out on our bus for a while we can do the lesson over there if you don’t mind,” Louis asked looking more at Kitten than Princess because Zayn and Princess seemed to be in their own little world. Kitten looked over to her girlfriend who had practically gone back to sleep on Zayn’s shoulder. She let a small smile tug at the edge of her lips before nodding.

‘She’s asleep,” Kitten signed to the best of her ability to make them understand and Zayn nodded laughing slightly as he grabbed Louis coat and threw it over his head and back to keep Princess dry from the rain as he stepped off the bus and went darting towards their bus. The elder girlfriend wanted to laugh again because it really was just too cute to see how much these boys cared for her girlfriend. She frowned realizing she didn’t have an umbrella and she’d have to just brave the rain. She was about to step towards the door when Louis stopped her.

“I um, I have a question for you first,” He stumbled a bit over his words as he looked at the girl. His hand was scratching at the back of his neck and his toe was digging into the floor she was worried he might kick a whole in the floor. She looked at him curious as to what he could possibly be so shy about asking her. “Would you go on a date with me? Like can I take you out and we can do something special just the two of us, I’ll give you my phone number and we can text instead of you needing to write everything down but...I really would like to take you on a date,” He was rambling and Kitten thought it was quite possibly the cutest thing in the world.

She reached over and gently tugged on the bottom of his shirt forcing him to shut up and actually look at her. He was relieved to find a smile on her face and it was an honest smile something that didn’t look like it was forced or even a sympathy smile. It was a genuine ‘I’m really happy you asked’ smile. She grabbed the white board and the marker. ‘I’d love that Louis, Just let me make sure its ok with Princess,’ she wrote and Louis felt a rock lift off his chest. She said yes! He just hoped Zayn got a yes as well.

As soon as Zayn had stepped out into the rain Princess woke up and groaned using Louis jacket to protect herself as best she could. But it was pointless she was getting soaked and the jacket really wasn’t doing very much for her. Zayn was trying to focus when he slipped in a puddle and nearly dropped Princess he set her down and turned to her in the rain looking completely disappointed with himself. He reached up and brushed some of her now wet hair off her face. She’d removed the jacket from off her head and let it fall to the ground a little mesmerized by Zayn now looking at her.

“You are so damn beautiful,” Zayn murmured watching her in the rain her bright eyes stood out against the dark contrast of the sky right now. She looked even more beautiful than the night he’d first met her and he hadn’t thought it was possible. Princess just looked at him really unable to say much of anything because he wouldn’t understand her.

‘Thank you’ He smiled understanding that it was something all the boys knew. Simply hand gestures they knew but not near as much as Harry did. He laughed as it started to rain even harder on them, Princess shook her head and tried to duck under Zayn’s arms unable to really get away from the rain. Zayn picked her up and ran under a small roofed over area.

“Better?” He asked quietly as he set her down on one of the picnic tables. She nodded a silly smile tugging at her lips. “I had a question for you before I brought you back to my friends,” Zayn hummed as he continued to wipe soft rain drops off Princess face so they didn’t get into her eyes. She looked at him curiously tilting her head to the side much like a puppy would.

‘What is it?’ She questioned and Zayn looked at her and then away at the rain. He looked a little scared and it had Princess concerned that he was going to ask something fragile and that was why he waited till they were away from Kitten but the words that came out of his mouth next had her giggling in relief.

“Will you go on a date with me? We can text back and forth instead of talking, because obviously that’s still going to be hard for me because I’d like to take you on a date sooner than later,” He babbled for a moment before collecting himself. “Please?” He finished and looked at Princess who looked back at the bus that Kitten and Louis were stepping out of hand in hand before looking back at Zayn.

‘Yes’ She nodded she’d check with Kitten before she actually went on the date but for now the answer was yes. Zayn picked her up and spun her around laughing. He set her down on her feet and hugged her tight before letting her go and reaching for her hand.

“Let’s get to the bus yeah?” She nodded and back into the rain they went.

~~

By the time the girls, Louis, And Zayn all arrived to the one direction bus they were soaked. Neither of the boys had realized just how far apart the busses really were. They’d have to talk about the team about that at the next stop. Parking the two busses closer together so there wasn’t such a walk in case of bad weather again.

“You are all soaked!” Liam frowned as he went and grabbed some towels from the bathroom. Louis grabbed a towel and wrapped it around Kitten before he wrapped one around himself shivering slightly.

“Haz can you go through my stuff and get some clothes for me and Kitten?” Louis asked pulling the girl wrapped in a towel under his towel as well because she was shivering twice as much as he had been. Harry raised an eyebrow tempted to get jealous but knowing better. They'd all talked about how this would go down last night. Louis and Zayn would get the first dates and then Liam and Niall and lastly Harry because he wouldn’t need text messages to communicate so he got to go on the dates last.

“How about I grab her one of my shirts and a pair of your boxers? I’ll do the same for Princess, Poor thing must be freezing as well,” Harry smiled as he disappeared into the back of the bus. Princess was nibbling on her bottom lip as she held the towel as close as she possibly could to herself and then nuzzled up into Zayn’s arms hoping for some kind of warmth from his wet skin.

“It took long enough to get here what were you guys talking about?” Niall questioned as He watched the two couples practically cling to each other for warmth. Kitten’s teeth chattering loudly obviously she didn’t do rainy weather very well and she obviously didn’t deal with cold all that often either that or her body just hated the cold. Kitten looked to Niall for a moment about to move her hands to sign something only to notice that signing would mean letting go of the towel. She decided against it just curling further into Louis.

“I put the clothes in the bathroom for the girl, Why don’t you two go ahead and get changed,” Harry announced coming back into the room. Both girls detached themselves from their respective boys and rushed towards their bathroom cramming both their small bodies into the small area to get changed. It didn’t take very long for them to emerge in warm dry clothes and for Louis and Zayn to take their turn getting dressed.

“Nice and warm now?” Kitten shook her head as she rubbed her arms. She hadn’t been out in the cold that long but once she got cold it was really hard to heat her body back up. Princess was about to move to her girlfriends side when Harry stepped over to where Kitten was and wrapping his arms around her small frame easily. A small pout formed on the younger girls face, it wasn’t there for long though.

“So now, tell us what were you all talking about that took you so long?” Liam smirked as he wrapped his arms around Princess leading her over to the couch and pulling her into his lap as he sat down loving the feeling of her being this close to him. Princess blushed and signed something to Kitten who was now seated on leaning against Harry enjoying his arms being around her. She’d much rather be in his lap but he can’t translate if he can’t see her hands.

‘Is it ok if I go on a date with Zayn?’ Princess signed giving Harry a look not to translate anything they were saying, not just yet any way. Kitten let out a small laugh as she nodded towards he girlfriend.

‘if It’s ok if I go out with Louis,’ She signed back and Princess beamed and nodded her head in a jerky motion before smiling at Harry who was the only one in the room who understood what had just gone one between the two girls.

“What are they talking about?” Harry simply shrugged his shoulders a small smile tugging on his lips because he wasn’t about to betray their trust over something as simple as asking permission over a date. “oh come on I know you know!” Niall frowned but Harry shrugged again.

“No, there are some signs I don’t, they weren’t signing in a language I understood,” He easily let the lie slip from his tongue and Kitten rewarded him with a kiss on the cheek. Niall huffed he hated not understanding things but he really liked these girls and if that meant not understanding sometimes he’d just have to live with that (regardless of his endless frustration).

“Nice dry clothes,” Louis hummed as he exited the back room he’d combed his wet hair back into its normal fringe. He found his spot next to Kitten on the floor, sandwiching her between him and Harry much like he had last night. Zayn came back out smiling his hair standing everywhere like he hadn’t even bothered to fix it and Princess wasn’t going to lie it was probably the sexiest thing she’d seen all day.

“So we are going to learn today?” Liam questioned though he was only partially paying attention because he had a beautiful girl in his arms and he was supper happy to just sit like this all day. Kitten let out a laugh.

‘If you want’ the boys nodded as Harry translated. ‘We should start easy,’ she continued and thought for a minute ‘let’s see if you can guess these. No helping Harry,” She smiled as she nodded towards her girlfriend who began to sign. They played the guessing game for about an hour before the girls actually began to give the boys a lesson which was lasted much longer than either of the girls had intended it too.

“Girls, you are needed on hand to set up the stage for tonight,” Paul hummed busting into the bus not even bothering to knock. Kitten looked at Princess and rolled her eyes she’d forgotten they’d had a show tonight. She stood up looking at Princess and signing something.

‘I’ll set up by myself, I don’t want you getting sick again, you stay here,’ Princess stood up shaking her head.

“We’ll do it together, I won’t get sick,’ she promised. Though the boys didn’t look pleased that the girls had to go set up in the rain. Kitten looked at her pursing her lips for a moment knowing there was no way she was going to get away with going out there and setting up on her own.

“Shouldn’t we be canceling the show since it’s raining this hard can’t people get sick?” Liam (ever the fatherly figure) worried and Paul shook his head laughing.

“A few colds won’t be a problem; no one’s going to sue us over that. You guys will be fine. You’ve preformed in the rain before. It’s not going to kill you. Come on girls let’s get going,” Paul urged and Kitten blew a kiss to the boys as she stepped out into the rain Princess connected to her hand.