Status: In Progress

Your Love Is My Drug

Chapter 1

I was sitting on the sofa in the living room waiting for Danny to come over for our Friday movie night, this was something we did every week since we started high school. Neither of us were dating anyone back then or now, tonight was going to be the night that I told him that I was in love with him. Or at least I hope it was.
But of course as soon as I see him I won't tell him, I never do. Just then I hear my cat Jelly meow at me, she was around me a lot of the time. There was a knock at the door, I got up and answered it. Danny was standing there looking good as always, he had a blue shirt and black jeans on.
"Aren't you going to invite me in?" Danny asked with a smile on his face.
"Yeah come in please." I say as I move a bit to let him in.
This was it, I'm going to tell him right now.
"Danny . . ." I start but as soon as he turns around and looks me in the eyes I know that I can't tell him.
"Yes May?" Danny asked.
"Wanna go into the living room?"
"Sure."
"Okay." I say as we headed into the living room.
We sit down on the couch, he sat in the middle and I sat down next to him on his left. This is it right now I'm going to do it. The worst thing that could happen is that he tells me he doesn't feel the same way.
No stop thinking like that May, of course he loves you you're his best friend after all. Yeah that's all I am to him. I thought bitterly.
"May are you okay?" Danny asks as he takes my hand in his.
I don't say anything for a minute, I just sit there with Danny's hand in mine thinking about how good it feels to hold it.
"Yes, there's something I want to tell you, don't say anything until I'm done okay because what I'm about to say is going to be hard."
"Alright."
"Okay." I said as I took a deep breath. "Danny I'm in love with you. I have been since last year."
I don't look at him, I can't look at him I know that if I do I'll just break down. So I sit back and wait for him to say something anything.
"Are you done?" Danny asked a minute after.
"Yes." I whisper still not looking at him.
"I love you too Maya, I have every since we were 12 years old."
"Really?" I ask finally looking at his face.
"Yes."
Danny looks me in the eyes and tilts and presses his lips to mine, I don't do anything for a few seconds, too shocked to do anything, I never thought that he would have the same feelings for me let alone kiss me.
After a few seconds when I still didn't kiss back Danny broke the kiss and looked at me with a hurt look on his face.
"Did I do something wrong?" He asks me.
"No I'm sorry I just didn't think that you would feel the same about me let alone kiss me like the way you just did." I said looking down at the ground.
"May what do you mean why wouldn't I want to be with you. You're amazing."
"Really?"
"Really."
Before I knew it Danny lifted my head up again and kissed me. This time though I kissed him back, happy that I had finally told him how I felt.