Status: In Progress

Your Love Is My Drug

Chapter 2

I stared at May, she loves me, she actually loves me, I couldn't believe it. May loves me! I have been waiting to hear those words come out of her mouth every since I first fell in love with her when we were 12 years old.
And now she was sitting next to me on the couch after she had just told me that she felt the same way as me.
I looked over at her and saw that she was looking at me, with what I now knew was love in her eyes.
"May . . ." I started but was cut off by Richard, May's dad.
"Hey guys why so serious?" He asked as he came over to the couch and sat between May and I.
"No reason daddy." May said looking sweetly at him.
"Good."
I liked Richard, he was a nice guy. But lately whenever I came over to see May he all of a sudden walks into the room or has either her brother or sister walk in and stay with us until I leaves to go home.
"So what are you guys up to today?" He asked nicely looking from me to May.
"We were going to watch a movie like we do every Friday daddy."
"Then why isn't the TV even on?"
May and I looked over at the TV and sure enough it wasn't on.
"We were talking about something that happened at lunch today and then we were going to watch a movie."
I looked over at May and smiled my thanks to her, she smiled back and then turned all of her attention back onto Richard. He was still sitting between us, he kept looking at us closely like he was waiting for one of us to slip up so he could say "I knew it," and then probably never let me see May ever again.
"What movie are you guys watching tonight, maybe I'll watch it with you guys." No, it's only suppose to be May and I no one else.
But of course I couldn't say that because he would for sure know how I felt about her and never let me in the house ever again.
"It's a scary movie dad, we alll know that you don't like those kid." Yes, maybe now May and I can be alone.
"Do you guys watch horror movies every week?" Say yes May.
"Yes dad, there's always a new movie coming out." May said, it's like she can read my mind or something.
"Okay well I'm going to go now, it was nice seeing you again Dan." Richard said getting up from the couch. Finally he's gone.
"Nice seeing you again too sir." I said, I'll just play nice until he leaves and then I'll talk to May.
"Alright keep the livingroom door open, okay." Richard said as he left the room, keeping the livingroom door opened.
"Finally he's gone. We have to talk Dan . . ." May started but this time I was the one to cut her off.
"Wait a minute May, I'm going to put the movie in first." I said as I got up and put the DVD in the player, turned the TV on the right channel and pressed play.
The movie began to play as I sat back down next to May.
"Okay now we can talk." I said.