Finding Her Way

Chapter Eleven: Mary's POV

"Because, I love you, you are my family, even if I'm not yours, even if you hate me, I don't." She tells me and walks out.
I was shocked to hear her say that she loved me to my face. I thought she said that to get my father to go away. 'She probably said that to get me to trust her,' I thought.

~Two Weeks Later~
It was finally summer, and I was in 'my' room. A knock came on the door. "Go away," I tell her.
The door opens anyways. "I said go away," I tell Lurane without looking.
"Mary, I need to talk to you." Lurane tells me.
"So your finally sending me away? Good." I tell her.
"No, I'm not sending you away," She tells me.
"Whatever." I mutter.
"Well, your father keeps on trying to see you, but I keep telling him to leave. He finally asked me if I asked you if you wanted to see him. So, I'm wondering if you want to see him." She asks, worry in her voice.
"Why would I want to see him?" I ask.
"I don't know." She tells me.
Someone bangs on the door and Lurane goes downstairs, closing the door behind her.
A few seconds later, I hear a crash. I quickly grab a phone and dial 911.
"This is 911 dispatch please state your name and emergency," A female's voice came.
"My name is Mary Wolf, I think my father, the one who killed my mom just broke in. I heard a crash, I think Lurane, my caretaker is hurt, she's six months pregnant too." I tell her in a rush.
"Alright, can you tell me the address?" She asked.
I hear another crash as I tell her, "Please hurry." And with that I hung up.
I quickly ran downstairs to see Lurane on the floor, glass surrounding her, but there was no blood.
I see my father as he throws a plate at her, but miss. 'For once, I'm glad he's drunk,' I thought.
"What are you doing?" I demand.
"Mary, there you are," He slurred.
"What are you doing?" I ask again.
"I'm here to take you home." He tells me.
"I am not going with you," I tell him. He grabs another plate and throws it at Lurane. It barely misses.
"Stop it! Can't you see she's pregnant?" I ask.
"Of course I can. Now are you going with me, or am I going to continue throwing plates at her until I hit her over and over again?" He asks.
"Don't go with him Mary," Lurane tells me.
"Don't tell me what to do." I tell her, trying to sound angry.
"See, she don't even want to be here, Mary, lets go." My father orders.
I walk towards him.
"Mary stop!" Lurane tells me getting up.
I glare at her, "Why? Why should I?" I ask doing my best not to show my fear.
"Mary, if you go with him, you could get killed, please don't go with him." She begs.
Suddenly, I hear sirens, soon cops were piling in the house. "Freeze, put your hand in the air." A cop demands.