Finding Her Way

Chapter Thirteen: Mary's POV

It's been two days since I found out Lurane truly understands me. I look at through some lyrics and cords that my mom loved to play.
I stop at one, 'You're My Home.' Confusion fills my face, I don't remember seeing this, in fact, I never heard of this song before. I open up the booklet, a piece paper comes out alone with a CD.
I put the CD in the computer in 'my' room.
"If your listening to this, I want you to keep listening ok." Lurane comes on the screen. "Happy fifteenth birthday Mary. The letter in the booklet is exactly what I'm about to say. Mary, I know you didn't want to be here at first, and you may still not want to be here. but I just want you to know, this is your home whether you want it to be or not. If you ever need anything, you can come to me. You are my family Mary, remember that." Tears cloud my eyes and I blink them away.

Lurane then closes her eyes, take a deep breath, and began to sing, "I close my eyes
And I can feel that you're a part of me
You are my home
Though I'm afar I'm in your company
I'm in you

I play my song
And I can hear you're in my melody
My life, my home
No matter what with you I'll always be

You're my home
And together we share this love for us
To be happy and free
You're my home
And together we'll strive to make this world
A better place to be

Come take my hand
Come fill your heart with all the love you see
Let every child
Be what they are, be what they wanna be

You're my home
And together we share this love for us
To be happy and free
You're my home
And together we'll strive to make this world
A better place to be
For you and me..."
"I just want you to know, this song is 115% true, I hope your birthday is a good one, I love you." The screen goes blank.
Tears floods down my cheeks. 'Lurane knew my birthday? She actually cared enough to give me something.' I thought. I open my eyes, and go out of 'my' room, not caring that I was still crying, I knocked on Lurane's door.
Nothing, "Lurane?" I spoke. Nothing. I open her door and I see her on he ground, "LURANE" I screamed running towards her.
I put my fingers to her neck, I sigh in relief. I get up and call 911.
"He-"
"Help! Lurane, my foster mom, she's seven months pregnant and she's on the ground unconscious, here is the address Insert address here You need to hurry," I tell the cop.

When I hung up, I grabbed Lurane's hand. "Please don't die Lurane, please, I need you." I whisper.
Soon, the ambulance was here and I get in after her.
Lurane's breath was staggered, she seemed to be struggling to get a breath in. "Please don't go mama," I hear myself whisper. Shock fills my body, but I then decided, I may have a mom, but I don't have a mama... Well I do, but I won't if she dies.
Suddenly a memory hits.
'Mary, God does wonderful thing, He gives miracles, He save lives, He-"
"If He really did exist and if He really did save lives, he would've saved my mom, and your husband!" I yelled.
"Mary, he don't always save everyone, sometimes, he needs angels to help keep angels pure, to keep them from darkening and becoming falling angels." Lurane tells me gently.'
The memory ends, "You needed my mom? And Lurane's husband?" I find myself whisper, the doctors look at me confusion in their faces. "You needed them to keep Your angels pure, I get that now, but do you honestly need Lurane? Do you honestly need someone who is pregnant? I don't think you do, but if you do need her, and I mean absolutely need her, then take her, but please before you do, hear me out. I know this might sound rude and selfish, but I need her too, I need her more than You need her I'm sure. Please don't take her away from me, if You need someone to help you keep Your angels out of the darkness way, then take someone who is has served their purpose and is done serving their purpose, not someone who is in the middle of serving their purpose. I know Lurane still has a purpose in life, she has a little one to take care of if that little one survives, but if that little one don't survive, she still has me to take care of, she still has a daughter to take care of. You may have taken my mom away because you needed her, but you can't take my mama away, I need her God, so please don't take her away, please. Amen." I whispered.