Lost Boy

Boring?

"How exactly did you convince me into coming with you?" I grumbled and curled up in the passenger seat. He had the heat turned all the way up even though it wasn't really cold.

"I didn't really need to convince you." he sighed and continued to focus on the road. "You don't want to die. You would've come with me no matter what I said."

"You seem awfuly sure of yourself." I chuckled and watched him.

I would be lying if I didn't say that he was beautiful... even with the inhuman part of him becoming more aparent.

His skin was pale. I am albino. I know pale skin but somehow his skin managed to be a few shades lighter than mine.

His blue eyes changed shades with his mood. When he saved me from the hound his eyes were black. Now that he is more relaxed and not on edge his eyes are an impossible shade of blue that I can only compare to a mercury sign.

His lips were the color of red wine and as far as I could tell it was natural to him. He didn't appear to have lipstick, lipgloss, or lipstain.

His legs were long. His arms were long. He was tall. He fit together though. Everything about him seemed perfect.

He was perfect.

"See something you like darling?" he chuckled.

"You're perfect." I said without meaning to and bit my tongue. I decided to just look out the window. If I looked out the window I wouldn't see the disturbed look on his face.

"I'm not though... far from it." I heard him whisper under his breath. I was probably not meant to hear that.

"Shut up Nickolai." I snorted. "You don't scare people."

"And you do?"

"I do actually. It's my eyes."

"For the record I think that your eyes are beautiful and if anyone disagrees they can fuck off."

I looked at him and laughed when I saw the deep blush spreading across his cheeks. His eyes were dark blue.

"My eyes are pink and red and reflect like a rat's eyes."

"My eyes are blue and betray everything."

"So one day maybe I'll decode you?"

"You want to decode me? I'm really not all that interesting Jensen. I'm actually rather boring."

"I don't believe you." I huffed. I saw his eyes roll. "Okay tell me about you."

"What do you want to know?"

"Age? Birthplace? Favorite color? Cat or dog? Simple stuff." I shrugged.

"Oh... okay... um... I'm one hundred fifty six. I was born in St. Petersburg, Russia. My favorite color... I don't really have one but I hate white. Dogs hate me and so do cats but I like birds. When I was twenty I realized that I was not human and that I was adopted. Shortly after my twentieth birthday... I've been on the run from my birth parents." He shrugged like it was all no big deal. I couldn't move for a few seconds. "You okay Jensen? You seem a little tense."

"I'm... You can't be that old you look my age. Maybe a few years older."

"Being a demon has its perks."

"Huh... so why don't you have an accent?"

"Eh... I do when I'm experiencing intense emotions."

"Favorite bird?"

"Owls."

"I like owls to... they creep me out but I like them." I paused for a while trying to figure out how to talk to him. "Why are you running?"

"My dad wants me dead. My mom sent me to an adoption agency so that I wouldn't be... she wanted me to have a chance at life."

"And you think you are boring?"

"Yes I do. Tell me about your life."

"Well I went to an all girls boarding school. I have been there since kindergarten because my parents didn't want me. I'm... I'm nineteen. I like black. I really want to have a cat but... odds dont seem to be in my favor."

"Why would your parents hate you?"

"I 'creeped' them out... I guess. Thats what they told me anyway." I shrugged. "Every year there was a parent teacher conferance thing... they had to go if they wanted to keep me there and... when I was in the sixth grade I took them to my room. I was so excited to show them my room. It was the first year that I had any roommates and I wanted them to meet eachother. They told me that they didn't want to... they didn't want me... they didn't want anything to do with me. I was an abomination... unnatural... unwanted. I started to understand then why I didn't get the phone calls that everyone else did... or the birthday cards. For the longest time I actually believed that they loved me and then I realized that they didn't and no one else did either."

He slammed on the breaks and turned to look at me. His nostrils were flared and his eyes were black. I cowered against the door and curled back into a ball.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love me? :(