Status: In Progress

The Nanny

Chapter 2

"So Mr Hummel why don't you tell me something about yourself. Like what company are you from?" Blaine asked.
Kurt looked at Blaine confused.
"What are you talking about?" Kurt asked.
"For the nanny job, what nanny company are you from?" Blaine asked.
Oh...
"Oh um...You know uh." Kurt didn't know what to say.
He really needed a job where he didn't go around door to door.
"You're not from a company are you?" Blaine asked.
"No. But I'm really good with children. Just let me prove it to you." Kurt said as Blaine got up from his chair.
"Well thank you Mr Hummel. But I can't just hire anyone to look after my kids. Thank you for coming."
Blaine led Kurt out to the living room. Adam was there on the phone.
"Sir, you're wanted on the phone. It's about the nanny you wanted." Adam said handing Blaine the phone.
"Hello? Yes this is he. What? What do you mean Tuesday? I need a nanny today. Yes, I'll hold." Blaine said. "Yes, hello? Is there anyway you can get me one now? Alright fine then!"
Blaine hung up the phone as Kurt walked pass him. Blaine sighed, he really needed a nanny and Kurt seemed like a decent guy, Blaine guessed that he would have to do. Besides he only needed him for a few days once the company had a nanny he'll just hire them then.
"Can you work for the weekend at least?" Blaine asked.
Kurt turned around and smiled, Blaine had to admit it was a beautiful smile.
"Yes, of course. Anything is better than what I'm doing." Kurt said. "So where is the kid?"
"Kids, I have three. Children come here and meet your nanny for the weekend." Blaine said going over towards the stairs.
'Kids?' Kurt thought.
Just then three children comes running down the stairs. Two girls and a boy.
"Kurt, this is my oldest Kim she's 13, Jake he's 12 and Jillian she's 10. Guys this is your new nanny for the weekend Kurt." Blaine said introducing them.
Jake looked at Kurt, he wouldn't make it past today let alone the whole weekend.
"So...Hi. I'm Kurt." Kurt said.
"We know, you won't last even a day here." Jake said glaring at Kurt.
Kurt took a step back surprised, did the kid really just say that? He looks so innocent tough.
"I guess I now know why none of the other nannies worked out, but just remember kid. I worked in one of the toughest places in New York for over a year. A 12 year old little boy isn't going to scare me." Kurt said looking Jake in the eyes.
They stared at each other for a few minutes neither one of them wanted to look away first, finally after a few minutes Jake backed down. He looked at Kurt and smiled.
"You're alright." He said.
Blaine looked at Jake for a moment shocked, it was the first time he's said something almost nice to one of the nannies, any other time he would have been rude.
"Alright Kurt, you're going to be starting tomorrow, and I need you to live here for the weekend. The nannies are live in. So I'll allow you time to go home and pack your stuff and get settled in tonight." Blaine said walking Kurt to the door.
"Okay I'll be back."

"Mom! I got a job!" Kurt said as he entered his parents two bed room apartment.
Elizabeth Hummel ran out of the kitchen and gave Kurt a big hug. She had thought that Kurt would never find another job he liked let alone loved.
"Oh my baby! I'm so happy. What is it?" Elizabeth asked as she led them to the couch.
"I'm going to be a nanny for Broadway producer Blaine Anderson." Kurt said.
"But sweetie I thought that you hated kids."
"Mom! I don't hate them, I like them fine. I even want to adopt a few but Mark never wanted that or at least not with me." Kurt said sadly.
Elizabeth hugged him, she knew how hard the break up was on him. She knew that Kurt didn't really love him, even if Kurt didn't know that. But that didn't meant that it didn't hurt when the person you've been dating for years one day leave you for someone younger.
"It's going to be okay sweetie, the person you're meant to be with is right out there somewhere waiting to meet you."
Kurt looked up at Elizabeth with a smile on his face.
"You're right mom, he is out there somewhere."
"Now tell me about your new boss. Is he cute?"
"Mom!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Kurt is going to be like Fran, Blaine's going to be like Maxwell, Adam is like Niles, Sebastian is like CC and the kids are going to be something like the kids but Jill's not going to be as bad as Gracie was