Status: *I own every rights to the characters portrayed and story plot*

Faceless

Cyrene

In front of Adelaide and I stood another version of myself. This version had the clearest of all our eyes though. They were no longer my regular brown eyes nor where they Adelaide’s fierce hazelnut color. No, these eyes were a clear brown, so clear that they almost reflected the color white. “W-who are you?” I mumbled.
“Yeah! Who are you? I’ve never felt you inside here before,” retorted Adelaide.
“Cyrene,” was all she said.
“That is your name?” I asked. She nodded with a smile.
“How long have you been with us? How come we couldn’t feel you?” asked Adelaide. Cyrene shrugged. We waited expecting her to explain but she never moved.
“Can you talk?” asked Adelaide angrily.
“She just told us her name of course she can talk,” I retorted. This only infuriated Adelaide even more.
“Are you fucking kidding me? You created another one? Are you really that psycho?” she spat angrily turning her attention to me.
“How is this my fault? And I must be crazy if I created you!” I began to get infuriated as well and approached her unafraid. Adelaide grew closer as her angry face stood inches away from me. All of a sudden a barrier was created between us. I turned to look at Cyrene. She smiled as she shook her head. “She wants us to stop fighting,” I said slowly.
“How do you know that?” asked Adelaide as she began to analyze the barrier before it disappeared.
“I felt it. I don’t know how to explain it.”
“What is she saying now, mind reader,” Adelaide mocked.
I looked at her sternly and then back at Cyrene. “She says that she has been here all along as well. Another personality that has finally come to life when most needed.”
“Most needed?” asked Adelaide.
“I wanted to save Colden but didn’t know how. I think that is how she was created. Where were you by the way? I needed you,” I had suddenly remembered her absence.
“You know just chilling in the back of your brain, just watching the movie,” she started mockingly again, “I don’t know where the fuck I was! Do you honestly think I would stay inside if I knew everybody was in trouble? It’s as if I blacked out. All I could remember was watching you pace around your room and then darkness. I awoke when you were inside as well.”
“What is going on then?” I looked over to Cyrene but all she did was shrug. She had no clue either.

I awoke with a blistering headache. I was laying in my bed and I could hear voices outside of my room. I wondered how long I had been in a comatose state. I got up and felt the usual numb feeling I get when I regain control of my body. I opened the door to find Dr. Beth putting a damp towel on Red’s forehead in the living room. Laurie was sitting in between Colden and Emily. Emily was the first to notice me and quickly went to embrace me.
“Thank you, thank you,” she kept repeating as she held me. All I could do was smile softly and nod as I walked towards the rest of them. For a moment, all they did was stare at me in confusion. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder as I turned to find a smiling Reed behind me.
“How long was I out?” I asked in order to break the silence.
“An hour or so,” responded Reed.
Colden got up from where he was sitting and embraced me as well as he slowly whispered, “thank you.” My cheeks flushed as I wasn’t used to this much appraisal.
“How did you do that?” asked Laurie finally asking the question that must have been running through everybody’s mind.
“It wasn’t me,” I said softly. Dr. Beth immediately understood.
“Another personality?” she asked.
I nodded at first. “Her name is Cyrene and that is her ability,” I answered. I looked down at the floor as I felt a sudden sadness. Of course it wasn’t me, I will never have an ability. I will never be able to be the one to save someone. Those appraisals are not meant for me. Dr. Beth placed a reassuring hand on me almost sensing my disappointment.
“How did that happen? Is she like Adelaide?” asked Red as she kept her position in the couch.
“Not like Adelaide. No, she is completely different from Adelaide and me. In fact, she doesn’t speak. The only thing that came out of her mouth was when she told us her name.” I didn’t want to tell them about my ability to understand her without speaking. I was already the crazy one. “How is everybody?”
Reed sighed in relief as he moved himself to the next available seat on the couch. “Luckily, everybody is alive. Can’t say that no one came out unscathed though, right Colden?” Reed smiled jokingly towards him. Colden returned the smile.
“Yes, you were all very lucky. Aside from a few bruises and headaches, everyone is okay. Ty is up in his room resting like the rest of you should be doing,” said Dr. Beth.
“I don’t think I will be able to sleep until Mark is awake and I know that he is definitely better,” replied Emily.
“How is Mark? What happened after he was hit?” I asked.
“Mark will be fine. We were lucky to have Reed see his weak spot and even luckier that it wasn’t a spot that would’ve killed him. He’s resting in his bed right now and has transformed back to his usual self. The herbs I made him should keep him calm enough so that he is able to control his transformation,” answered Dr. Beth.