‹ Prequel: Will You Stand by Me?
Status: Complete!

Full Circle

Chapter 12

December has been one hell of a month for Samantha. Her life has been sort of a roller coaster since she’s been back home and it doesn’t look like the wild ride is ending anytime soon. So when Matt invited her to go to Vegas with him and their friends for New Years Eve, she immediately declined. Her life was already full of unfortunate events and Vegas didn’t sound very appealing to her. She didn't want a repeat of the last time she went out and got drunk. Sure, she wanted to end the year with a bang but with her luck, she’d probably end up in a jail cell. Plus, Samantha never did anything special for New Years Eve. She usually spent the last night of the year sitting on her couch, drinking a glass of sparkling cider and watching the festivities on TV. She didn’t see the sense in partying until midnight. Why get drunk and forget what you are celebrating in the first place? That was her logic. Unfortunately, Matt didn’t like her logic. He wasn’t going to let her spend New Years Eve sitting on her couch. So, he offered to pay for her and Corey’s hotel room. Even that didn’t win her over. She didn’t want him spending his money on her. But, then he did the pouty face, and she couldn't say no to that. So, she told him she’d ask Corey if he wanted to go. Corey, like any other normal person, was all for it. So it was settled and now she is in Vegas at the Luxor hotel's nightclub. Since the guys are pretty well known, they were able to get a VIP section on the second floor. Samantha looked over the banister, sipping on her Sangria. She watched the people below move to the beat of the music.

“Isn’t this better than sitting on your couch?” asked Matt, holding his fifth glass of Jack and Coke.

Samantha took a gulp of her Sangria and nodded.

“Yes. This is way better. Thank You, Matty.”

Matt smiled and gave her a side hug, “No problem, Sammy. I’m just glad we finally get to spend the last night of the year together.”

“So am I. Never thought I’d be partying in Vegas though,” she said, walking over to sit next to Brian on a red leather couch.

Matt followed her and sat down next to her.

“well, get used to it. You’ll be partying with us from now on," he leaned over and kissed her cheek. Once he did that, she knew he was drunk. They usually try to keep affection to a minimum when their friends are around.

“That was seriously the cutest thing ever,” cooed Brian, who was also drunk. Matt laughed and gave him a random high five. Samantha learned long ago not to question their drunken behavior. So she got up to find something else to do. She saw Corey standing with the rest of the group and went over to see him.

“Hey, there you are, babe,” said Corey, kissing her.

Samantha smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“You having fun?” she asked.

Corey smirked and nodded. He too, had been drinking and was well on his way to being drunk off his ass. He pushed her up against the wall and lifted her up so that her legs rested around his hips. Samantha giggled and held on tighter to his neck. She began to moan a bit as he nibbled and sucked on her neck.

“Live porn!” yelled Jimmy as he walked past the intertwined couple.

"Oh God! Put me down," Samantha laughed and unhooked her arms from around Corey’s neck. He reluctantly placed her back on the floor.

“I’m gonna get another drink,” he said.

Sam nodded and headed back over to her group of friends.

“Hey, Sam. Can you come with me to the ladies room?” asked Anna.

Samantha hesitated for a second before replying, “Sure..”

Anna hooked her arm with Sam’s and led her to the bathroom. When they got there, Anna stood in front of the mirror and touched up her lipstick. Samantha stood awkwardly next to her, wondering why in the hell she brought her in here.

“I can’t help but notice how close you and Matt are getting,” said Anna, still fixing her makeup.

Samantha sighed, “Yeah. We are friends again. What’s the problem?”

Anna looked at her and scoffed.

“Um, the fact that he kisses you on the cheek now. Yeah, I caught that.”

“So what. He kissed me on the cheek. What’s your point, Anna?” Sam asked, getting annoyed.

“My point is, stay away from my fucking boyfriend. Cause’ if you don’t, I’ll spill your little secret. I heard Matt talking to one of the guys last week about the kiss you two shared. If you care about your relationship with Corey, I advise you to stay away.”

Samantha was pissed now. Anna is basically blackmailing her.

“You love being a pain in my ass don’t you? Guess what? I don’t give a shit what you say. Tell everyone about the kiss. I’m not staying away from Matt,” said Sam.

“Get ready to lose your boyfriend, bitch!” said Anna, storming out of the bathroom.

“Fuck,” Sam groaned out loud. Now Anna is going to cause a scene and there is nothing Sam can do to fix this situation. All she can do is go with the flow. World War 3 was just getting started when she got back to the VIP section.

“Did you kiss him, Sam?” asked Corey with a look of betrayal.

“Yes, but-“

“See, Corey! I'm not lying," said Anna, victoriously.

“Anna, can you please shut the fuck up?” asked Matt, clearly pissed off.

“No, Matt. You know, I should breakup with you for kissing that slut,” said Anna.

“Anna, you have no room to talk. Since you want to share other people’s secrets, how about I share yours,” said Corey, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Don’t you fucking dare!” said Anna, getting defensive.

Matt walked up to her, anger evident on his face.

“What the fuck are you hiding?” he asked.

“Nothing. He’s doesn’t know-“

“Anna has been having an affair with my boss. I walked in on them having sex in his office 3 months ago and that’s when she paid me $10,000 to keep quiet. She visit's the shop every Saturday to go home with him,” said Corey, smirking at the fearful look on her face.

Matt was quiet for a few minutes. He was visibly tense, walking around with his eyes closed and his hands behind his head. But then he snapped,

“You fucking bitch! I stayed with you for 2 fucking years and you go and cheat on me? Now I know why you were never home on Saturdays. That’s okay. I never loved you anyway. And I bet that baby isn’t even mine, is it?”

Anna was in tears now, “N-no. It’s not yours. But, Matty I’m so sorry. I never intended to cheat on you.”

Matt let out a sarcastic laugh.

“So you just tripped and fell on his cock? And thank-fucking-god that baby isn’t mine. I never planned to marry you, let alone have kids with you. Thank you, Anna for giving me a chance to finally get back the girl i love.”

Anna stopped crying and walked over to Sam with a glare.

“And now it all comes back to Samantha, the girl everyone loves so damn much. I fucking hate you, Samantha Walker,” said Anna, pointing at Sam. “I hope you burn in hell. Better yet, I hope he breaks your heart again.”

As soon Anna mentioned heartbreak, Sam was ready to fight. She wanted to beat her ass the first time she brought it up back at the bar. Today, Sam wasn't walking away without giving Anna something to remember her by.

“Take this into the New Year, bitch.” Sam swung her fist back and forcefully collided it with Anna’s right eye, ending the year with a bang.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there it is! Anna's shit talking came back to bite her. Now what do you think will happen?