‹ Prequel: Will You Stand by Me?
Status: Complete!

Full Circle

Chapter 3

“Ok, how about these?”

Samantha holds up a pair of black skinny jeans to her computer. It has been 5 days since she has moved back to Huntington Beach and she, of course, hasn’t been out yet. Becca wasn’t taking no for an answer when she invited Sam out for a night at the bar. So now Samantha is trying to pick out an outfit with help from Rene, via Skype.

“Seriously, Sammy? You wear those all the time. Pick something with some sex appeal!”

Samantha lets out an aggravated sigh and throws the jeans back into her closet. She goes through her wardrobe again for what feels like the 20th time before coming across a black leather skirt. She pulls the skirt out and looks at it before walking over to show Rene.

“Fine, what about this?” asks Sam with annoyance.

Rene squints her eyes as she observes the leather fabric.

“That’ll work. Pair that with a nice halter top and-“

“No, Rene! Can’t I just wear a band tank? I don’t want to feel over dressed. It’s a bar for Christ’s sake!”

Rene rolls her eyes at her hardheaded friend before sighing in agreement.

“Ok, Ok. A band tank will do. As long as it matches the skirt nicely.”

Rene was always the fashion-conscious friend while Samantha was happy with jeans and a tee shirt- a band tee shirt. Rene thinks that Samantha should at least try to attract the opposite sex.

“Remember, Sam! If a guy-“

“Yes I remember. If an attractive guy is interested in me, give him a chance. You told me that at least 5 times already. I’ll try, but I’m not promising anything.”

Samantha hasn’t been in a relationship since Matt and she never had the desire to find a guy to have a relationship with. She played the field a bit when she was in Chicago but hookups never turned into anything serious.

“Ok. Sorry I’m pushing the subject. I just think its time you let a guy in; someone that will patch up your heart,” says Rene. “Anyway, I have to go. Gotta make that money!”

Samantha laughs at her long distant friend.

“Ok, girlie! Hope work goes well. I’ll call you tomorrow to tell you how my night went,” says Sammy.

“Cool! Can’t wait to hear about it!” Rene winks and ends the Skype call.

Samantha laughs out loud.

What would I do without that girl? she thought.

Sam checks the time; 45 minutes until Becca picks her up. She strips out of her shirt and sweat pants as she walks to her bathroom. She takes a quick 15-minute shower. Then she blow dries her hair and goes to her bedroom to get dressed.

25 minutes left. Shit!” she curses.

She drops her towel and puts on her Red lace bra and underwear. She then puts on her clingy black leather skirt and Slayer tank top.

Now15 minutes left for hair and makeup,” says Sam, sighing while looking in the mirror.

She adds volume to her hair, puts on black eyeliner and applies dark red lipstick. She finished right on time as her doorbell rang.

~

Chug, chug, chug, chug!

Becca and the bartender cheer Sam on as she chugs her fifth beer. Sam chugs the bitter drink, making a sour face after finishing. Becca laughs and pats her on the back.

“You’re getting better at this. How ya feeling?”

Samantha giggles, “I feel fine! Actually really good.”

Samantha tries to prove just how fine she is by standing up abruptly. Her intoxicated mind tricked her as she wobbled into Becca.

“Shit, Sammy! You might want to take it easy for the rest of tonight,” Becca laughs at the lightweight brunette.

Becca already downed 5 beers and 2 shots of Jack and isn’t as intoxicated as Samantha is.

“Hey ladies, can I buy you two a drink?” asks an attractive man with pale blue eyes.

“Umm..yeah, sure,” replies Becca.

“You really don’t have to. I’m fine,” declines Samantha.

“No, no. I want to. I don’t have a problem spending money on a beautiful girl.”

Samantha blushes.

“He really likes you, Samantha. Plus he’s fuckin’ hot,” Becca whispers.
“You should get his number!”

Samantha didn’t get a chance to reply as the handsome man came back with two drinks, handing one to Becca and the other to Samantha.

“Thanks,” both girls reply.

“Not a problem.”

The man moves closer to Samantha, obviously wanting to talk to her. Becca takes the hint.

“Umm, my boyfriend is on his way here. I’m gonna go reserve a booth. Sam, will you be ok here?”

Samantha looks from the guy, to Becca, then back to the guy.

“Talk to him,” Becca murmurs.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. I’ll meet you over there.”

Becca nods and walks away.

“I’m Corey, by the way,” says the guy, watching Sam finish her Jack and coke.

Samantha clears her throat of the strong alcohol before speaking,“I’m Samantha. Thanks again for the drink.”

Corey laughs, dragging a hand over his short blonde hair.

“Like I said, it’s not a problem.”

It’s silent for a few minutes before he speaks again, “I’d like to get to know you, Samantha. If that’s ok with you?”

Samantha sensed this was coming. She had to admit the man was good looking. It wouldn’t hurt to give him a chance. He could get Matt off her mind.

“Sure!” replies Sam.

She gets out a sticky note and pen from her purse and scribbles down her phone number. Corey smiles as he takes her number.

“Hey Sammy, I want you to meet my boyfriend!”

Becca comes back over to retrieve Samantha right on time.

“I’ll call you, Samantha,” Says Corey, smiling.

Samantha nods and returns the smile.

Becca pulls the intoxicated brunette towards the back of the bar.

“Babe! Meet my new friend and our neighbor, Sam!”

Samantha’s face pales when Becca’s boyfriend turns around.

“Oh my god. Jimmy?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this chapter is good. Any thoughts? :)