Status: I hope you like it, no this isn't based from my life, I have my mother, some people don't, and I hope this touches someone's life. It's based from a friend I have, she lost her mother. She inspires me, and I don't know what I would do without her. Really. Anyway, I hope someone is touched by this, s

Hold on, Let Me Sketch That..

Don't you just love the still sweetness of a sun-kissed morning?

Don’t you just love the still sweetness of a sun-kissed morning? My daily outings have been getting longer. But how could they not? When I’m out in nature I see everything. My time to wander seems endless. Time is lost when your deep in serenity such as this, let me explain.

First I follow the small trail hidden under deep forest behind my house. Although, once I get started walking the trail, it becomes more open, the trees start to filter in small rays of light, warm and bright. Once I’ve been on the trail for about 5 minutes, the trail slowly starts to disappear into the dense wood, and I keep walking, now following the hushed gurgling sound of a small stream. Finally I come upon the small creek that leads into a quiet shallow river. I follow that creek until I reach my destination.

Never in my life have I seen a more wonderful sight. I find myself walking taking in the sights. The lovely wild roses blooming, in every shade of pink, I love pink. Then I hear the sound of the birds singing something sweet, and blissful, mixed with the sound of the burbling water, and fills me with happiness. It makes me feel less lonely and afraid.

Then I take a seat under my favorite willow tree, sketchbook in my lap, with the harmonious portrait of the beatific scenery before my eyes, God’s handiwork. I start to create things of my own. Today it’s not very hot, so it’s nice. There is a light slow breeze blowing. Everything is so lovely…

It takes away my sadness. I have so much to worry about, but when I come here, I’m not obligated to be consumed by my worries, for a short time. I’ve been spending time here since the death of my mother, four years ago. It’s been tough, I’m trying to make it through my first year of college, and it hurts to think about my past, and I’m quite scared to think about my future, frankly. So I’m stuck in a strange present, where my only normality is my small area of quiet peace, because everyone needs serenity, to drift into calm. This is the best place for me to be for the next few hours.

My sketchbook is filled with different and unusual things, some beautiful, some not so beautiful, but my own. It leaves me to wonder sometimes, who am I? Sometimes I feel like strange new creature, other times I feel like wise old owl. Too bad whatever wisdom I have, can’t help me overcome these feelings I always have. Is it loneliness? Or is it just emptiness? I don’t know. Confusing thoughts, I know. All of these feelings and thoughts are in my sketchbook, every page. I just have to sketch them down. I feel better when I do. Lately I’ve been sketching the scenery around here, trying to capture every beautiful moment. All while the peace works at my heart that has been thawing since the beginning of this year. I keep in mind my old state, and to be honest, I have recovered quite a lot in a short amount of time. It’s a very crazy thing I have to say, how much I hurt the first two years. I remember all of the empty Holidays where my Dad would try to make them like they were before Mom died, he tried so hard to help me through, and I know he was hurting just as much as I was he. He was just being brave for me. I also remember how I stayed in my room a lot. I hardly ever came out. I wrote in a diary for a while. That didn’t help either. I felt as if no one; absolutely no one knew what it was like to lose their Mom. That was a silly thought. Now I look back, and think about some of my reasoning, how inaccurate I was. Of course healing would take time, and I would miss my Mom dearly. I just needed time, and love. My Dad and I are closer than we have ever been. I wouldn’t trade that for anything. My Mom wouldn’t want me to be unhappy.

This place has showed me that in many different ways.

I came out here for closure, I’m happy I stumbled upon this place. I wouldn’t have been here otherwise, I think. I came out here to ponder the mysteries of the heavens, to pray, to learn more about myself. I still do. I come out here to create my dreams, to escape when needed, because life can be stressful, and to be close with the things I thought I lost, and be at peace with them. I hope everyone has a place like this, a place to be free, and feel at peace with themselves, and everything around them. It is definitely a blessing -- wait just a minute, let me sketch that thought.