My Rock of Love

13 Gavin Degraw - Chariot

+Recap+ Nicole left back for home and is now back in college, Kevin is back on the road.

'I know, we're inseparable'
, Kevin sang with his brothers as screaming girls some half his age were singing along. 'And even when we're miles and miles apart..' he kept singing thinking maybe she could hear him from states away. The smile on his face never left as he would play.

"Kevin, that's the one thing I miss about watching your shows every night",he remembered Nicole telling him one night what she missed most "I could always look at you, and you'd be smiling at the girls...Nick and Joe do it sometimes...but you always do it', she'd giggle saying that's why all the girls came to their shows. Not because of Joe or Nick, but for his smile.

They both would laugh and talk about other things."So, have you thought about spending the summer with me and the boys? We'd have so much fun! We'd almost be done with the tour, then you and I can go to the beach. And you can wear that new suit that you still haven't let me see!", Kevin asked. Nicole giggled shaking her head. She knew he was a guy, but sometimes she underestimated his charm.

"You will see it soon enough good sir, keep your boxers on please!", she laughed. Sometimes she'd hear guitars playing in the background and Nick would be shouting 'YES!' in the heat of finding a good hook. "I'm guessing you guys are on the music bus?", she would always question.

"Yeah, Nick's got some good hits coming...You'll get to hear them if you stay with us this summer...", he teased. Nicole smiled laying on her bed thinking about it. She wanted to and she actually got a second job along with school just to get ready for next fall knowing that money wouldn't grow on trees. Mrs..-Denice said she could babysit Frankie while the boys were performing, and she'd pay her, but both knew it wouldn't be enough. Nicole laughed hearing Kevin continue to talk about what they would do while she was with them trying to convince her.

"Alright, hehe I'll do it!", she smiled knowing she had a few days before she'd leave where she'd be with her mom and brothers before she left, and it gave her joy to hear that even the rest of the family wanted her to join.

"YES!", weirdly that wasn't Kevin, it was Joe, and Nick! She laughed so hard she almost fell as she listened to them cheer.

"I miss you. Haha sounds funny huh?", Kevin said rubbing the back of his neck. She smiled telling him it was fine, how she felt the same. She knew it was rough, with his grandmas death, then Cocoa their family dogs death, now more fans keep badgering him it could be rough for a soft heart. Nicole knew Kevin and the boys were strong. Soon it was time for Nicole to head to work for the night as she bid Kevin good luck with the concert the two would say an awkward good bye.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Staring at a maple leaf
Leaning on the mother tree
I said to myself we all lost touch
Your favorite fruit is chocolate covered cherries
And seedless watermelon ohhhh
Nothing from the ground is good enough
Body rised
It puts over me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'I love you' would always want to come out of both their mouths, but both weren't sure. Nicole would run down and over to the local pizza joint and would make pizza for $8.20 an hour for eight hours, it was strange because she'd be at the restaurant from 8pm to 4am. Mainly the last hour was for clean up, her room mate became scared for her. Although Nicole kept insisting that she was fine. She'd sleep from 5am to 11am then head for classes which on Wednesday she didn't have any so she'd work the whole day. Neither could complain, she would make enough money for school by the three weeks before summer vacation. Nicole would work harder though for money to get a nice dress for the premier.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a full week before Nicole would be leaving for the weekend of the premier when her room mate called Kevin. "I'm very mad at you! So mad I would totally be in that bus kicking you for putting pressure on her!", she shouted into her phone. Kevin was confused though Nicole was more tired he didn't know what was going on. "She's working two jobs PLUS school for you Mr. Rockstar...just so she can be with you. Now why don't I hear you doing something nice for her! She's wasting away by working harder so she can get a damn dress for you!", she continued. Kevin's face became white as he heard this. His eyes went straight to Miley and Mandy as he began to think.

Kevin cleared his throat. "Meg breath, ok? I was supposed to surprise her, but Mandy, and Miley are going to be taking her shopping for her dress, on them. It was their idea, I wasn't supposed to tell, but since this is going on I better so she can relax. If I'd known she was going through this I wouldn't have begged her", Kevin said with a sigh sitting on the floor of the dressing room. Mandy walked over looking Kevin over as Meg talked.

"I'm sorry...I'll tell her to let up, at least for this week, luckily she'll have more then enough by the last three weeks of school so she'll be done then in time for exams. Haha good thing she's theater major huh?", she joked. Kevin laughed knowing she didn't want to do the stage thing, but she wanted to do stage hand. "Listen I've gotta head to class, sorry for all the yelling...", she apologized.

"No, thank you for telling me, I'll really be spoiling her this summer now... Thanks for looking out for her Meg, you're a good friend", he smiled and hung up and began to help Mandy with hooking up with someone back in Jersey.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember seeking moons rebirth
Rains made mirrors of the earth
The sun was just yellow energy
It is a living promise land
Even over fields of sand
Seasons fill my mind and
Cover me
From bringing back
More than a memory...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Nicole got back to her room she sighed and snuggled with her teddy bear for a nap before her next job. As she soon heard Kevin's guitar play those familiar chords she smiled picking it up. They talked long enough for her to change uniforms and hair styles. "Listen sweetie, I gotta head out for work, text me when you get the chance ok?", she said as she rubbed her eyes. "bye...", she hung up and left for another night of late night pranks making pizzas for 'Amanda Hugnkiss' and 'Gunner Tinkle'. As she began mopping her phone vibrated. She looked down to see the ID "boyfriend calling" and quickly picked up being one of the few in there. "I thought you'd tex...", before she could finish she was cut off by the sound of screaming fans.

"Ok everyone, tonight, we are singing to TWO ladies...one is this lovely Heather from the audience, the other...is a special lady to my brothers, and we want to sing this song to them will you help?", she heard Joe say into the microphone. Shouts and screams were heard as the song began to play. 'Hello beautiful...' tears streamed down her face as the fans and boys sang it was a sweet gesture as she sat on the counter listening. '...if I couldn't see....those eyes', he finished picking up the phone Joe said into the phone and not the mic. "He's thinking of you Nic", he said handing it to Nick. "We miss you but not as much as him. See ya in a week Nic", the young Jonas said. Soon she heard the breathing of her favorite brother. "I just wanted you to feel special...so what wouldn't be more special...then this?", Kevin said with a chuckle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole could hardly talk as she sniffled back tears. "I won't be satisfied...until I see your hazel eyes again", she said making him laugh. "I'll let you go, you guys need to finish", she sighed wiping her eyes. They said their good byes but both hesitated on hanging up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You'll be my vacation away from this place
You know what I want
Holding that cup,
It's pouring over the sides
Make me wanna spread my arms and fly...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That night Nicole slept better then she had in days. A smile never left her face as she went to classes. Her co-stage hand questioned if she finally lost her virginity, but Nicole just punched his arm and growled as the cast worked on a scene. "No, I'm waiting for that special someone! So, when there is a ring HERE!", she said flipping her ring finger out. "Then my smiles will be from that", she sighed as they made a scene change as he whispered. 'I think you found him already...'

Nicole smiled as butterflies flew in her stomach thinking of his gift. 'Maybe I have...'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh chariot your golden waves
are walking down upon this face
Oh chariot I'm singing out loud
To guide me
Give me your...
Strength...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Well again sorry if it's short...but I'm gonna try and do 14...15 is where it gets interesting! I love throwing y'all off in previews!

Preview:Nicole gets some news...
Image