My Rock of Love

15 Jessie McCartney - Because You Live

+Recap+ Nicole had lost her mother to lung cancer =(

It was the day after the funeral as Nicole sat in theater class. The words of her favorite professor were lost in her thoughts as she sat beside her friends hearing the lesson of the day. "Draw from personal experience. If you haven't personally lost a friend, or loved one then simply use something else", she heard as she shook her head. As Nicole sat in the class she smiled watching her friends perform their pieces.

This wasn't Nicole's passion though, she loved to be in the back helping these magic moments happen. As she watched it she smiled when she heard her cue to shut the curtain and laughed as James bowed but was cut off by the closing curtain. "Ahh Nicole it's attacking me!", he shouted as she shook her head. As she went to sit in the audience she felt a vibration in her pocket. 'Your boyfriend' flashed on the screen making her smile.

Walking to a glass study room to answer her phone she smiled leaning on a window sill looking at the rain outside.

"Hey! I thought you were in class!", Kevin said without needing a prompt that she answered.

"I am, but we're on break. What'cha need?", she giggled. There were a few fans of the boys in her class and last thing she need was them to know and take her phone.

"I just wanted to check on you, are you ok?", he asked. She smiled at his concern and wiped her eyes as the tears became more like the rain outside.

"I'll be fine. I can't wait until next week. I need to get away...", she said. I need you... she wanted to say but she was nervous. They talked for a bit longer before Nicole had to return to class for the last scene. Kevin was sad 'when will you say you have to leave because, you have a scene?' he asked. She smiled shaking her head. "Never, besides once I get my degree maybe I can be a stage hand for your shows! I can't if I become some actress", she laughed. He laughed too as they said 'good bye' and hung up their phones only to call each other hours later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Staring out at the rain with a heavy heart, It's the end of the world in my mind, Then your voice calls me back like a wake up call, I've been looking for the answer, Somewhere
I couldn't see that it was right there,But now I know what I really know...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole sat on the plane smiling as she sighed. It had been a few days since the funeral and she was happy for the distraction of being with the boys. She smiled even wider remembering the phone conversation last night.

Kevin and Joe kept fighting over the phone. "Nicole I totally miss y-", Joe would always say as Kevin would steal the phone away to get back to talking about the plans for the weekend.

She just laughed and smiled as Kevin told her he would have someone special picking her up. "He's a nice guy I totally trust him", he would say even as she protested. She didn't want some stranger picking her up. She finally smiled caressing her ring finger on it lay a silver band. It was a ring her mom had meant for her twentieth birthday, a purity ring. She remembered being thirteen and wanting one, but 'better late then never' she said shrugging. Soon the plane landed and she got her bag out of the over head and walked off the plane behind an old married couple.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walking out the door she was warmed by the sun shining from a near window. As she looked around she finally spotted a tall man with curly hair and sunglasses. She walked hesitantly toward him until she was hit with the gentle scent of Burberry Brit. Kevin. Without a word she dropped her bags and jumped into his arms kissing him. Kevin didn't hesitate to pull her into his arms as she wrapped her arms around his neck. They felt relief that no one knew who he was, but it helped that he was wearing sunglasses and a hat too. Plus he didn't have his brothers with him which helped as well.

They both laughed as he slowly set her down and looked down at her. Smiles filled their faces after not seeing each other for a while as she walked slowly to grab her bag. As she lay her hand on the handle it was taken quickly by Kevin. "Come on, Mandy, and Miley are bugging to see you!", he said wrapping an arm around her shoulders walking her to his Jeep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Kevin drove he talked about his excitement for the movie. "I mean 3D! It's crazy!", he kept repeating. Nicole just shook her head laughing because he'd been talking about it for a while.

Smiling she lay her hand briefly on his as it held the steering wheel caressing it. "I'm glad you're happy sweetie", and she was even when she sat in classes wishing she could be with Kevin she was happy he was doing something he loved.

Kevin smiled taking her hand in his kissing the knuckles then looked back to the road. "Thanks, I just can't wait until summer, then I'll be really happy", he laughed. He was happy playing with his brothers at packed arenas, but he wasn't as happy as he was when ever Nicole was there. When they would be playing he couldn't help, but wish that Nicole were in the back watching him play dancing like it was hard rock concert.

As he drove her to the house they listened to the radio and laughed when girls honked at his Jeep listening to the Jonas CD.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's alright, I survived, I'm alive again, Cuz of you, made it though every storm, What is life, what's the use if your killed inside, I'm so glad I found an angel...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mandy giggled holding out a dress that was pink making Nicole shake her head. "Uh uh! Too girly for me!", she said seeing the dress. It just wasn't Nicole's favorite color and she wanted to look nice.

"We should have brought the boys with us, it would have been fun", Miley said with a smile. Nicole smiled pulling out a beautiful cream dress with an empire waist and braided straps for both her arms. Both girls ran over to her and smiled nodding. "It's perfect, not too girly, and nice for the warm weather!", Miley gasped as Mandy nodded. Nicole bit her lip seeing the price.

"Never mind! It's too expensive!", she gasped. Miley sighed pulling the dress from her grasp. 'You're getting it!' both girls shouted causing Nicole to blush as people looked over at them. They giggled as they walked to the cashier. "I will totally pay you back when I can!", Nicole tried to say as Miley handed her credit card to the man. Mandy just sighed at Nicole as they began to walk out.

Mandy smiled as they got ready putting all their hair in soft curls. "Awesome!", she said as they heard a knock on the door. Mandy walked to the door opening it a crack to see Mr. Jonas. "We'll be down in a minute Paul", she smiled. They finished getting ready and headed down the stairs. Walking down they saw all the boys ready in their suits. Kevin and Nicole locked eyes right away and smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone, Who was there when all my hopes fell, I wanna fly, looking in your eyes...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kevin and Nicole held hands the whole way knowing they couldn't walk the carpet together. "You'll be great, and I'll be in the theater with you the whole time, don't worry", she smiled looking into his eyes. He nodded as he kissed her cheek as they approached the theater. All three boys and Miley got out of the car first to get pictures taken and deal with the press as the two girls rode to the back to enter the theater.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mandy and Nicole sat by each other looking around the huge theater. It was pretty and nice as they slipped on the 3D glasses. "We look like movie stars", Nicole said standing and pretending to blow kisses out to the fans giggling. "Please no pictures...my skin can not take the light", she joked as Mandy pretended to snap photos. The girls laughed and soon were joined with the boys as they waited for the movie.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the movie played gasps would be heard as the movie played because Kevin would 'shoot his guitar to the audience', or Joe would 'point to you' Everyone enjoyed the movie it was like you were on the stage even as you sat in the velvet seats.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the movie ended Mandy and Nicole clapped, soon everyone else did and smiled as people began to exit the theater. Mandy took Nicole's hand ready to get out before fans and press went nuts over the boys. "We'll see you at the car!", Mandy shouted as they walked out.

Singing some of the songs the girls waited to be joined by the trio. "So, I gotta ask, what was up with you and Kevin in there!", Mandy asked nudging Nicole. Blushing the brown eyed girls smiled. 'Nothing...' Mandy didn't buy it. She saw Kevin lacing their fingers, whispering in her ear once in a while it was like...

Before Mandy could finish her thought she was greeted with three Jonas boys. She smiled as well as Nicole as they sat in the car with them Kevin, Joe, and Nick sitting beside each other in the back.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As they pulled up to the house Kevin took Nicole's hand stopping her from leaving the SUV. "I got plans...", he said closing the door. She looked at him confused, but say back in the seat beside him seeing Joe, Nick, and Mandy wave to them as they left. As they drove Kevin held her hand caressing it with his other hand seeming like he had something to say.

"Is something wrong? You seem tence...", she said laying her hand on his neck softly rubbing it. He smiled leaning his head on hers. 'No' She ran her fingers through the soft curly hairs on his neck just as the SUV stopped.

As they got out of the car Kevin took off his shoes and socks, seeing this Nicole did the same. They walked down to the beach in silence just holding hands listening to the soft crashing waves and seeing the beautiful full moon and stars.
Because you live there's a reason why, I carry on when I lose the fight, I want to give what you've given me always...
Their foot print were washed by the sea as they walked along the shore line talking about the movie, and the future of the summer. "I'm going to be seeing my brother a week before, with everything I just feel it's best he see me a little more you know?", she said as Kevin wrapped his coat around Nicole's shoulders. He knew she hurt, but she hid it well. "So, cute romantic one, tell me what this was all for?", she giggled. It drove her nuts in a good way to be at the beach with him.

A soft laugh left Kevin's lips as he stopped her and looked down into her eyes. "I wanted to tell you something. I would have said it over the phone, but I wanted to look in your eyes", he said as she looked up at him. "Nicole McCoy, I...you give me butterflies when you call me, you are proud of me even when I'm not of myself. My family loves you, and well...I love you", he said almost in a breath. Nicole smiled tearing up as she looked into his eyes.

"Paul Kevin Jonas, I love you! I've-", she didn't finish because Kevin's lips crashed onto hers holding her to him as if they were one. Wrapping her arms around his neck Kevin ran his fingers through her hair when suddenly Nicole pulled away feeling a vibration on her thigh. She pulled out his phone with a laugh and pushed for speaker.

"Did you tell her!", Nick asked in a whisper as if he talked quieter Nicole may not hear him.

"Tell me what Nicky!", she giggled as Kevin took his phone in his hand.

"Uh, nothing...TELL THE GIRL KEVIN!", he shouted thinking his brother was being shy again. Nicole laughed as Nick hung up. Kevin smiled looking back down at her.

As they walked up to their rooms they couldn't stop smiling. "See you in the morning...", Kevin whispered as they stood at her door. Kissing her softly she smiled as they pulled away. 'I love you', she whispered as he kissed her again. "I love you too..", he whispered walking backward to his room.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because you live and breathe,
Because you make me believe in myself when nobody else, can help,
Because you live, girl,
My world has twice as many stars in the sky...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole laughed again as she looked down as her camera pictures of Kevin and her the two days they were together that weekend. She waited for Kevin's now nightly call, that had now become tradition these past for two months. She giggled opening the video as Kevin played his green electric guitar to the tune of 'I am what I am' singing different lyrics. "I love this sweet girl, I can't help myself, and if you don't like it, too bad theres no body else...", she laughed until she came to the last one and smiled seeing Kevin doing the sign of 'I love you' in sign language.It was her favorite. Soon she heard her song 'please be mine' playing as she picked it up. "Hey sweetie", she said sitting up as she pulled her laptop on her lap logging on to her messenger and turning on her web cam for her and Kevin to talk.

"Haha there she is...", said Kevin with a smile. They smiled and talked like that for an hour before Joe came in to tell him they were going to work on a new song in the back.

"I can't wait to hear it! I better go too though. Got my mid term and it's math gag!", she giggled as Joe and Nick both made gross faces and the thought of math. Kevin smiled.

Meg walked in and smiled seeing her cheerful room mate as Nicole blushed. "Good luck, you'll do fine. I wish I could be in that class next to you doing the same thing you know", he said with a smile. She smiled. 'You are' she blew him a kiss. "I love you baby I can't wait until next month!", he said as Joe lightly shoved him over.

"And he says you have to bring your bikini!", Joe said into the cam and phone causing Nicole and her room mate to laugh harder. Kevin shoved him off shaking his head as he winked at Nicole.

"I love you too Kevin, I'll tell you how the test goes tomorrow. Can't wait to see you guys on Dancing with the Stars tomorrow!", she said as she set her computer on her desk knowing they would be. 'KEV, Come on before Nick loses his funk!' She chuckled as Kevin rolled his eyes giving her the 'I love you' sign and hanging up on the computer and phone. As she climbed into bed all stresses of the exam were gone as she dreamed of Kevin.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because you live and breathe, Because you make me believe in myself when nobody else, can help,
Because you live, girl,
My world has everything I need to survive,

Because you live, I live, I live...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww that was cute they said 'I love you!' Thank you to those who read! I love you all God Bless.

Preview: Getting ready for summer of fun with the Jonas Bunch!!!