My Rock of Love

2 Celine Dion - Taking Chances

+Recap+ We met our two characters Paul, and Nicole. They met through the internet and kept in contact for over a year.

It's been another year and Nicole and Paul had grown closer. Nicole actually began seeing someone. Greg was introduced to Nicole through her step dad which was bad enough, but what made it worse was he wasn't the best boyfriend. He would put her down even in public. She would have to make excuses for other bruises on her arms and neck. 'He's just a bit rough when we get in the moment' she would giggle. The family liked him which made her more upset because the only way she could keep from abuse from her step father would to stay with Greg.

Paul found a girl after meeting her at a school dance. Her name was Anne. And she was perfect! Golden hair, and blue eyes that made her look more angelic. She had to admit she liked him for a while, but was too scared to ask him out. Paul found that even more cute about her.


PKJ187: Oh Nicole she was so funny today we were on a date and she was eating an ice cream when it landed on her nose...haha

Nicole became used to these kind of conversations, he would talk about Anne and she would listen. She knew she and Paul would never end up meeting, but she wished that she could get him out of her head every night.

PKJ187: Nicole you there? Or are you on the phone with Greg? I can talk to you later if you want!

LCM188: No, well kinda, he's just talking about himself. No biggie.

Paul noticed Nicole didn't talk much about him which made him wonder. He never pushed the subject.

LCM188: So anyways...go on with the date.

PKJ187: No...come on talk to me...I have an idea!

LCM188: Well don't make me wait! Tell me!haha

PKJ187: Why don't we talk on the phone...it'd be fun!

LCM188: Are you kidding? NO! haha why?

PKJ187: Aw come on it'd be fun take a chance with me here! I mean you trust me right? You know I'd never break your heart.

Nicole thought about it for a while making Paul more and more nervous with every second.

LCM188: Alright...but not too late ok? 423-***-8788 Call me in...5 minutes ok?

PKJ187: Yes sir...mam...Nicole! Will do.

*LCM188 Has exited chat*
*PKJ187 Has exited chat*


Nicole waited by her cell phone nervous. She's wanted to hear his voice. Right on the dot in 5 minutes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know much about your life.
Don't know much about your world, but
Don't want to be alone tonight,
On this planet they call earth...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Makes me work a little bit harder, makes me that much stro..-

The ring tone didn't even finish when Nicole picked up. She was nervous what if this wasn't Paul, what if it was Greg that scared her the most.

"He-hello?", Nicole closed her eyes and prayed that it was Paul.

"Nicole! Is that you!? Wow it's me Paul!", She could hear the smile in his voice as she smiled and thanked God for this heaven send."Wow I can't believe I'm talking to you! You'd think that after two years of talking we'd have talked on the phone before.", They both laughed at the thought.

"Yeah, I'm glad you made me do this haha", Nicole smiled and blushed hearing his laugh and loving it. "So.."

Nicole and Paul continued to talk laughing at inside jokes they'd had for the past two years. No words about their others. It was as if they were in their own little world.

"Paul, will you sing to me? You know one of your songs that you and your brothers wrote?", She asked nervously. She didn't hear a word and began to become scared that he didn't want to.

"You sure? I mean I'm nothing like my brother Joe", he grabbed his guitar biting his lower lip waiting for a reply.Anne never wanted to hear me sing, let alone play.

"Yeah, I don't care...I want to hear a song...please?",She pleaded. She waited until she heard him softly strumming. Biting her lower lip she listened to him play one of the songs from their album.(You Just Don't Know It)

You just don't know it
It's getting hard to say hello
You just don't know it
I'm on the edge of crossing
the line I don't want to blow it, or show it
Before you know you're mine You just don't know it

Oh, you won't see me break
Won't make that mistake
Oh no I'll just walk away
There too much at stake
right now I go on and on
Singing this song about you
And that's what's wrong with this song

Can you feel it?
In the way I look at you
Girl, can you hear it?
I'm crying out inside I don't want to see you
Be near you
You're a million miles too close

Oh, you won't see me break
Won't make that mistake
Oh no I'll just walk away
There too much at stake
right now I go on and on
Singing this song about you
And that's what's wrong with this song

You don't know the way I feel
So I'll stay alone

Oh, you won't see me break
Won't make that mistake
Oh no I'll just walk away
There too much at stake
right now I go on and on
Singing this song about you
And that's what's wrong with this song


He strummed for a bit longer before he stopped and smiled hearing soft clapping coming from the other end of the phone.

"That was great!", Nicole smiled as they continued talking and laughing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much later Nicole looked to her clock and saw the time.

"Paul! It's 2 am! We better go!", Nicole gasped as Paul laughed. "What's so funny?"

"I can't believe it! Wow that is late. But, why don't we keep talking till dawn? I mean it's not that much longer. I'm not even tired", Paul smiled biting his lower lip. He didn't want to admit it, but he liked talking with Nicole. She had a pretty voice.

"Sure, I'm not even tired either!", she smiled and got the butterflies thinking about talking with him longer.

They talked past dawn into the afternoon but sadly had to cut the conversation short due to their stomachs rumbling louder then they did that morning.

"Why don't we do this every weekend? Talk on the phone till the morning? It'd be fun!", Paul suggested. Nicole couldn't help but want to do it to.

"Yeah, And talk during the week like usual!", she added into the agreement.

"Then good night Nicole, sweet dreams", Paul smiled as he regretfully got ready to end the phone call.

"Good night Paul...hope those pancakes are as good as they sound",Nicole blushed and smiled hearing him say 'sweet dreams' she wondered what it sounded like. It gave it shivers hearing him say it.

They both hesitantly hung up the phone. Every week they continued calling each other and would vary on when they would hang up. Sometimes they would talk till the afternoon. Other times Anne would want to go on a date during the afternoon and so they'd have to talk till dawn. But they wouldn't stop talking.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast...
And maybe it's not meant to last...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Months past and the calls became less frequent. Paul would make the excuse, 'Anne stayed over and I didn't want to be rude and say I have a girl waiting for me to call'. Nicole understood but began to feel more and more alone. Greg became more violent, he forced himself on her, but she gave him a nice black eye to match his heart. Nicole and Paul talked about it and how her step father beat her for being so stupid for breaking up with him. Paul wished he could do something, but what could a 18 soon to be 19 year old really do for a girl he didn't really know? Besides with the band picking up on the new album he didn't have much time to tell Nicole of what was going on. If it wasn't the band, it was Anne pulling him to do something together. Man this gets just harder and harder when you least expect it.

LCM188: You actually going to call me tomorrow? Haha I mean I know you called me two weeks ago when it was your turn. Haha are you M.I.A or something?

PKJ187: Haha sorry Anne is wanting to be together you know how that goes. But I promise I will call tomorrow ok? But I gotta go Anne wants to go on a date for our 5 month anniversary tonight. BYE!

*PKJ187 Has exited chat*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to start again,
And maybe you could show me how to try,
And maybe you could take me in,
Somewhere underneath your skin...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow came and no call from Paul. She tried calling his phone, but she got his voice mail. She'd left messages before, but knew this was it. She was alone now. She went on the net several times a week only to be disappointed to discover he never came on. She gave up till finally a month later.

-Even the best fall down sometime
Even the wrong words seem to rh...-


"Yeah?",Nicole answered her phone in anger.

"Hey, what's wrong Nicole? Haha who got your thong in a twist?", Paul said trying to brighten the dark moment.

"I think you have me confused with Anne, so I think you should reach down and fix it for her since that's what you like to do!", She was angry, Nicole couldn't help holding back all the anger she had in her now.

"Nicole, stop it grow up. Dang I'm sorry I'm with Anne so much, I mean I DO have a life outside of YOU!",Paul was pissed, but he didn't mean to be so rude. Nicole was like his best friend.

"Go on and hang with the gold digger, the only reason she is with you is for your nonexistent money! With your sucky band no wonder!", Nicole gasped and covered her mouth regretting what she said about Paul and his brothers band. "Paul...no I didn't mean...-"

"SAVE IT! I'm sorry you're so jealous of Anne, but when you dis me and my brothers that's crossing the line! Don't call me Nicole!",Paul hung up and sighed jumping on his bed regretting so much but his anger got the best of him.

Nicole lay in bed crying after losing the one thing she held on to. 'Maybe he'll forgive me! Why would he? I wouldn't forgive me!' Nicole sighed and laid in bed unable to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I had my heart beaten down,
But I always come back for more, yeah.
Theres nothing like love to pull you up,
When you're laying down on the floor there.
So talk to me, talk to me,
Like lovers do.
Yeah walk with me, walk with me,
Like lovers do,
Like lovers do...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul knew Nicole was right, that's why he broke up with her a few weeks after their 5th month anniversary. Anne made a huge scene when he didn't buy the diamond necklace she wanted for their five months and two week anniversary. How could he afford such a thing when he just bought her the silver frame from Tiffany's with a picture of them on their first date. A few days later he found it replaced with a picture of Orlando Bloom. What girls saw in him, he would never know. Paul tossed and turned contemplating about calling Nicole back and apologizing, but decided against it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could things ever be the same?
Dont know much about your life
And I dont know much about your world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Well There is Chapter 2! What did you think? Tell ME! Hehe

Preview: Will Nicole and Paul talk again? What happens with the band? Will the two meet? Wait and see!