My Rock of Love

24 John Mayer - 3x5

+Recap+ The Jonas boys went off on tour for the summer leaving the women behind! Nicole and Mrs. Jonas are having fun as it is with out them, but 'shhh' don't tell them!

Kevin lay asleep in his bunk with his phone on his chest. He smiled as it vibrated on his chest to show a picture of Nicole. "Hey sweetie!", he chuckled knowing why she called.
"Paul Kevin Jonas Jr. I asked you not to get me a gift this year", she giggled. She smiled as she looked down at a picture of a lily he drew for her. Laying on her bed she laughed seeing on the back was the poem he wrote her for their one year anniversary a few years back.

Kevin smiled as he looked up at a picture of her in his 'condo' as he sat up. "I had to do something, I mean they can't call me the sweet romantic one if I don't get my girl a gift for her birthday", he defended.
Shaking her head Nicole smiled as she looked out side seeing the sun setting. "I love you Paul Kevin Jonas" She whispered as she held back a tear.
"I love you Nicole Lillian McCoy, and I'll see you soon...", he said laying back against the wall behind his head.
Looking to her bed side stand was a picture in a black frame of she and Kevin one the beach the day he and the boys were leaving. He was holding her wearing her black hat, and her wearing the green shirt he gave her all those years ago. "Just two more months right?", she questioned hoping she hadn't lost count. He chuckled 'yes' as they said their 'I love yous' once more Kevin rubbed a lump in his bed and smiled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm writing you to
catch you up on places I've been
And you have this letter
you probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it
didn't have a camera by my side this time
hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way with words...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicole yawned waking up as she saw her alarm and laughed 'Three more days' she pulled back her covers and got changed for her run. She closed her eyes as she ran about and down to the beach. She stood in awe of the site, the sun was rising, and the waves crashed against the sand. She took a break and sat on the sand laying her head on her knee absorbing her surroundings. She turned her head and sighed wishing Kevin could be with her. She lay back against the cold sand remembering he'd soon be home and back in her arms as she watched the sky change from orange to blue. Running back neighbors waved and she nodded to them then ran into the Jonas drive way. "Good you're home now", Denise greeted as she entered the door. "I was just cleaning the house want to help?"
The young woman nodded running upstairs and changing into some ratty clothes. She joined Mrs. Jonas with a rag and a smile working on the house together. The day became late, but the house was now clean. Denise walked into Nicole's room to find her remaking her bed and yawning. "Why don't we call it a night?"
"Really? We don't have to...", Nicole said looking back at her. Mrs. Jonas nodded and smiled.
She hugged Nicole kissing her non-dirty cheek and laughed. "Yes, we'll take our showers and head for bed, besides I have plans tomorrow and will be busy"
The two women went their separate ways for the night falling asleep in their beds exhausted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy cliché'
And its strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'...I never know what the future brings
But I know you are here with me now
Well make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with...'


With a soft sigh Nicole awoke reaching for her alarm shutting it off, but brushed up against something on her other pillow. She sat up with a sigh and looked down to find a photo of Kevin asleep on a pillow. She looked on the back and giggled.

Everyday I wish I could wake up with you beside me...

She sat up and walked to her vanity and gasped smiling. On her mirror in green dry erase marker was a message.

I wish I could be this mirror because it sees you're beautiful face when I can't...

She smiled biting her lower lip and opened her door to find lily peddles leading down the hall. She followed the trail quickly and walked down the steps to find them leading her to her running shoes. She picked them up to put them on to find another photo underneath them. It was a picture of the sunset on the beach they go to. She flipped it over and smiled.

You can run forever and I'll run forever with you and never get tired...

She put the picture down and ran toward the beach, as she passed places she looked for more clues wondering what was going on. She finally reached the beach and looked around finding no one. Sighing she looked down and saw a rock with 'look under me' written on it. Lifting it she choked up. There under the rock was a picture of Kevin, her brother, and her father smiling.

Without you in our lives, we might as well be living under a rock...

She looked from side to side of the beach again still not seeing any signs or clues.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There are no more pictures Nicole, just me", Nicole turned in tears to find Kevin with a smile and his sunglasses on looking down at her. She ran up and held him crying as they reunited. "Oh I missed you", he whispered caressing her back running his fingers through her soft brown hair. She pulled back enough to kiss him intensely. He held her to himself never wanting to let go. The sounds of the crashing waves and the birds were just music for this movie moment. The two slowly parted enough to breath their foreheads touching as they held each other. "Walk with me?", he simply asked. She nodded as she took his hand lacing their fingers. They walked along the beach silently, no words were needed for them as they walked along the shore. Kissing her head Kevin chuckled. "Surprised?"

She smiled nodding as she leaned her head against his chest. "Yes, I thought you and the boys wouldn't be here till tomorrow", she giggled. He smiled stopping her and holding her to his chest. "But I liked this surprise..." she said smiling as she kissed him sweetly. He chuckled and looked down into her eyes and nodded.

He looked down to the wet sand in shock. "Nicole look!", he said pointing down. She giggled turning around, but gasped tears quickly brimming her eyes. In the wet sand was a slowly fading message. 'Nicole, will you marry me?' She stood in awe as Kevin slowly got down on one knee behind her removing his sunglasses. She turned to Kevin and cried smiling seeing what she read was real. Looking down into his soft hazel eyes she nodded.

"Yes, Yes, Yes Kevin I will marry you!", she cried. Kevin lifted her off her feet and spun her around kissing her. Setting her down she laughed wiping her tears as Kevin took her left hand kissing each of her fingers then slipping on the simple round diamond ring on her finger. They kissed once more no words were said as they walked home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO more 3x5's
I Guess you had to be there
I Guess you had to be with me
Today I finally overcame
tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to
lose my way but let me say...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they walked into the house congratulations were heard all around. Nicole gasped seeing her father and brother with the family. She looked to Kevin and laughed as she cried again running up to her father. He held his daughter crying not having seen her in years now. Nicole knew he would soon forget this moment because of his memory trouble, but was happy all the same that she could share with her family. Chad joined the reunion soon after whispering a soft 'congratulations' to his baby sister. The Jonas family watched in awe of the small family as they soon parted. Nicole introduced her father and brother to her future family.

They went into the kitchen to have a small party together as they raised their cans, glasses, or bottles. "To Kevin, and Nicole, may the two be blessed with a great union!", Paul Sr. said followed by nods in agreement.

Nick smiled and drank his soda and laughed. "My brother is getting married? Boys...you know what that means?",he chuckled looking at his brothers. Nicole and the other adults looked to each other confused.

"BACHELOR PARTY!", Joe shouted causing the room of family to laugh at they're antics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
no more 3x5's
just no more 3x5's...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

They're the family we all wish we had. How could a girl like be Nicole be so lucky?! I want to thank you all again for reading, and supporting the story! Keep an eye out for Get Me Off This Roller Coaster Ride: A Jonas Brothers Musical! I'll be posting soon!

Preview: The wedding!