My Rock of Love

27 Gary Allan - Tough Little Boys-Epologe

+ Recap+ Kevin and Nicole are married! Joe, and Nick have met wonderful girls and are now dating them, and NICOLE'S PREGNANT!

{Five years later}

Joe sighed as they walked onto the bus ready for their next stop. Kevin walked back rubbing his neck with a smile. "Feeling the pain bro?" he laughed as Nick walked in behind him texting to his wife Hailey. His brother nodded and chuckled.
They had decided to go on tour over the summer for a reunion tour for fun since fans had asked for it over the past year and a half. It had been great, but they all were missing home, some more then others. "It's still a blast with all the crazy girls, but Danger is definitely feeling the pain of not stretching this morning", Joe laughed as he stretched his legs out. Kevin smiled sitting on the large leather couch in the back as Nick and Joe followed suit.

"Yeah I'm feeling that fall from spinning. Just another bruise to add", the eldest Jonas laughed. It was just the beginning of the tour though; they still had another month and a half until they would be home again. As they lay back on the couches they talked about the next tour date.

Joe smiled patting his older brothers' shoulder and laughed. "Think of it this way Kev, Nicole will take good care of those bruises when you get home". Nick shook his head at his brothers as he went back to texting. Soon his phone was ripped out of his hand and taken away. "Alright Nick, enough talking to Hailey, talk to the boys now"

Kevin laughed as he took the phone from Joe and handed it back to him. "Let him be. I'm off to check....the bus driver", he said getting up.

"MORE LIKE CHECK ON YOUR WIFE AND KID!" Joe shouted with a sigh. "I swear both of you are" He makes the whip crack motion "whipped! I'm glad I'm not like that", he continued crossing his arms with a groan. Suddenly Joe's phone rang and he answered it without hesitation. "Kitty KAT!"
Kevin and Nick looked to their brother and shook their heads. "Yeah, We're the one's who are whipped", Nick whispered to Kevin. They both did a whip crack motion before going back to their business.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I never once, backed down from a punch.
Well I'd take it square on the chin.
And I found out fast a bully’s just that,
And you’ve got to stand up to him.
So I didn't cry when I got a black eye,
As bad as it hurt I just grinned.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"HI DADDY!" a curly haired girl shouted into the screen. Kevin smiled seeing his daughter on the screen of his laptop. She was in her PJ's which surprised him that she wasn't in bed already. "I miss you!"

Her father smiled, "I miss you too sweetie, I'll be home soon. Where's mommy?" he asked.
She smiled putting her little finger to her lips. "Shhh she's sleeping", she whispered. He shook his head when soon Joe walked in.

"Who you talking to?" he asked as he heard a small giggle. "It's Mad Eye Moodie isn't it!?" he shouted. He got into frame with the web cam and wave to the small child. "Hey Madison! How's my favorite niece!"

The little girl giggled as she says in the large computer chair. "Uncle Joey, I'm your only niece!" she smiled. She was so smart for being only five. Nick soon joined in seeing his niece as they all talked to her.

Madison smiled this was the best part of her night; she always talked to her father and uncles before she went to bed. "Will you be home to see me go to school!" she asked. There were still a few months before her first day, but Joe and Nick both bit their lower lips not wanting to break her little heart.

"Will definitely try Mad Eye, ok?" Joe said making a silly face for his niece to laugh. It worked.
Kevin looked to the computer clock and saw it was 9:30pm for everyone in California. "Young lady why aren't you in bed", he smiled knowing he could never stay too mad at her.
"I can't sleep", she pouted. "Will you sing to me...PLEASE!" she smiled. Nick already had a guitar ready knowing his older brother couldn't deny her pretty eyes.

He smiled looking to his brothers as he began to strum his guitar. Joe sang softly to his niece as she sat in the chair in excitement.

'Take my hand tonight,
We can run so far
We can change the world to anything we want
We can stop for hours just staring at the stars
They shine down to show us'


As they sang the small girls eyes began to get heavy so they continued knowing this was 'her song' when they were away. As she began to fall asleep Joe smiled.

'You know when the sun forgets to shine
I'll be there to hold you through the night
We'll be runnin' so fast we can fly tonight
And even when we're miles and miles apart
You'll still be holdin' all of my heart
I promise it will never be dark
I know, we're inseparable'


Just as they finished Madison was out like a light. "Aww she looks so cute. I can't wait to have kids", Nick whispered as they watched her sleep. Nicole was soon awake and smiled taking their daughter to bed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But when tough little boys grow up to be dads
They turn into BIG babies again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicole lay in bed as the sun rose over her body. Soon her slumber was disturbed when a very excited five year old began jumping on her bed. "MOMMY MOMMY! SCHOOL!" Madison shouted jumping up and down.

Her mother laughed as she got out of bed grabbing her daughter and spun her around in the air. "Yes baby you're growing up so fast!" she giggled as she tickled her daughters belly. She bit her lower lip sad that Kevin couldn't make it to see her off on her first day. As Nicole ran her fingers through her daughters brown tight curly locks she wished that her husband could have made it. "Why don't you get dressed and I will go get breakfast ready ok? I'll make pancakes!"

Madison got out of her mother's embrace and ran to her room to get dressed as Nicole went to make breakfast.
-------------------------------------------
As Nicole placed some batter on the skillet she heard the door open and close. "Madison Grace, the bus won't be here for another two hours you'll be fine!" she laughed, but she heard no reply. "Madison?" She turned around to find no one there. Her heart rate became faster then ever as she ran around the house looking for her daughter. Suddenly arms wrapped around her from behind causing her to scream.

"Baby relax, if I wanted a screaming fan I'd be back on that bus", she heard a familiar voice whisper in her ear holding her body close. Nicole turned to be face to face with her hazel eyed, curly haired husband. He smiled as she stared up to him in shock and a slowly decreasing fear. He held her close until they finally kissed. They were in their own little world again.

"DADDY!" shouted their daughter from the steps as she ran down them. Just as she reached the final steps she tripped and fell scraping her knee. "OW!" Kevin and Nicole walked over to check on her. Her knee was slightly bloody as Kevin wiped a tear from her eye. She smiled showing off a hole from one of her two front teeth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scared me to death, when you took your first steps,
Well I'd fall every time you fell down.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"She's definitely my niece, she's a klutz like me", Joe said leaning on the door frame. Soon he was joined by Nick behind him. Madison saw her two uncles and ran into their arms.
Nicole smiled as she held Kevin. "She may be your niece, but she's not your kid. She got GOOD looks and not funny looking one's like yours Joe", she laughed. Nick and Kevin both joined in laughing.

Sniffing the air Nick looked around. "Nic, is something burning!?"

Without another word Nicole ran into the kitchen and sighed seeing the burnt pancakes on the skillet. Throwing away the first one she began to make more batter knowing that everyone would want some now. Before she could begin Kevin took the bowl and box of powder mix from her sitting her in a chair. "You are going to sit and relax. I swear if I have to get a call from Meg again about you stressing I may wring my own neck before she does", he chuckled as he began to work on breakfast.
--------------------------------------------------

"BYE MOMMY BYE DADDY!", Madison shouted from the door of the bus. She waved to her parents and uncles as they waved back.

As Kevin held Nicole in his arms he bit his lower lip watching the bus holding his little girl drice away. "Are you sure we can trust the driver? He looked kinda old", he asked her nervously.

Nicole laughed shaking her head as she turned in his arms rolling her eyes. "If you're so worried go check on her!", she giggled kissing his nose. Without hesitation Kevin hopped into his jeep and followed after the bus. Joe wrapped an arm around his sister-in-law and laughed. Nick just shook his head watching his eldest brother drive off.

---------------------------------------------------

Sitting in the parking lot of the school Kevin watched as Madison played with the kids. He smiled as she giggled playing tag with other boys and girls, her curls bouncing as she ran. When he saw her fall he wanted to jump out of the jeep and help her, but she was soon helped up by a blonde little boy.

Convinced that he sadly was no longer needed he started his jeep and drove back home. Tears rolled down his cheek as he drove down the road. As he drove up the drive way he smiled to see his wife on the porch swing.

As he walked up the steps she smiled scooting over to make room for him as she rocked back and forth. "She's just fine isn't she...",she said simply as if to make him feel as if he was over reacting. He nodded holding her close as a few tears escaped her eyes. "She's growing up honey, we knew it would come sooner or later"

He nodded as he held back tears rubbing her shoulder. "I just wish it would come just a bit later"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your first day of school, I cried like a fool, and
I followed your school bus to town.
Well I didn't cry when Old Yeller died,
At least not in front of my friends.
But when tough little boys grow up to be dads
They turn into BIG babies again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe paced the floor of the living room holding a small box. "Are you sure she'll like it Nic? I mean come on! Five years of dating, I'm surprised she didn't dump me after our first year!", he groaned stroking his fingers through his hair. Nicole sighed as she sat him down and laughed.

"Joe, she'll love it, now get going to the dinner before I have to hurt you!", she said looking into his brown eyes. He nodded standing up again hugging her before he ran out the door. Kevin walked into the room wrapping his arms around his wife as they watched him pull out of the driveway and head out to the restaurant.

They stood in silence for a while before Kevin kissed her cheek and smiled. "MOMMY CAN YOU READ ME A STORY!", their daughter yelled from upstairs making them both laugh. Holding hands the two walked up the steps to help their daughter sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hours later a ecstatic Kathleen walked into the house showing off her engagement ring off. "ISN'T IT BEAUTI-"

"Shhhh we just got her to sleep a few hours ago", Nicole whispered softly laughing as she lifted her head off her husbands lap. Kathleen blushed and sat down as they began to talk about the dinner. They became louder and louder as they explained not meaning to.

Joe laughed as he continued explaining how he purposed. "She looked SO mad when she got back from the bathroom. 'I do NOT have a huge zit', she shouts", he chuckled. As he was about to go on they heard a quiet yawn come from the stairs as Madison walked into the living room full of adults.

The young girl crawled up to lay across her parents lap as she yawned again. "Madison, you should be in bed baby", Kevin whispered running his fingers through his daughters curls.

"Can't I hear the rest of the story? PLEASE Daddy!", she said looking into her fathers eyes. Her mother and father laughed as they nodded for Joe to continue.

Joe chuckled as he saw her eyes begin to close, but continued the story. "...And even though I told her not to bite too hard into the cup cake, she did anyway!"

"Luckily I didn't chip a tooth with the rock he had in there", she giggled as she looked down at her ring again.

Nicole laughed as she looked to her husband just staring down at their daughter. She smiled as she slowly picked her up holding Madison close to her. "Well you two, I guess we'll be planning a wedding soon enough" Kathleen blushed and nodded as Joe kissed her cheek getting up from the couch.

As the newly engaged couple left Kevin and Nicole walked Madison up to bed for the second time to her room.

---------------------------------------

As he stared at Madison from her door he couldn't help to feel nervous. He saw the bumps and scars she had gotten over the past five years. It scared him that soon those bumps and bruises couldn't be healed anymore soon as she grew older. He knew someday she would be hurt and he couldn't help. A simple cartoon band-aide, or ice cream wouldn't heal the woulds she would someday face. "If you stare at her any harder you'll wake her up again Paul", his wife whispered in his ear making him shiver.

He smiled picking her up and walked her into their bedroom. "Is there a reason we wouldn't want to wake our daughter Mrs. Jonas?", he chuckled as he shut the door. She smiled leaning in to kiss him as he turned off the lights.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm a grown man but as strong as I am,
Well sometimes its hard to believe,
How one little girl with little blond curls,
Can totally terrify me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now Denise, are the boys still as nutty as they were when they began this career?", Rachel Ray asked. Nicole and her mother laughed as they looked at each other and both laughed.

Before answering she nodded. "Definitly, it's as if age is nothing but a number for those boys. They still do jumps and will wrestle it's as if they will never grow up sometimes and I love it"

Nicole laughed agreeing with her mother as she lay her hand on her now 4 month along belly. "It's funny because Madison tries so hard to play with her uncles and father, but when Frankie or Nick even just throw her on her bed Kevin will go hay wire. It's adorable though. He's such a manly man, but that little girl has him wrapped around his little finger", she explained with a smile.

The women and the audience laughed as they continued to talk about the boys and the life of being with the Jonas boys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were to ask my wife would just laugh,
She'd say, "I know all about men,
And how tough little boys grow up to be Dads
They turn into BIG babies again."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"DADDY DADDY I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!", the young girl giggled running into the house. Kevin stood in shock as almost dropped his cell phone. Nick was telling Kevin about how his son took his first steps, but his brothers mind was trying to focus on what his daughter just said.

Kevin hung up with his brother as Madison jumped into his arms. He looked down into his daughters brown eyes. Her eyes were just like her mothers, no matter how mad he was or upset if he looked into them they made him turn into puddy in their hands. "That's great sweetie, just...don't get married until you've graduated college alright?", he chuckled.

His daughter giggled and smiled nodding as she wrapped her small arms around his neck. Softly he began to hum John Mayer's 'Daughters' as he danced with his little girl. He charished the moment he had as she sung along with his humming. Nicole leaned against the kitchen door watching father and daughter as tears ran down her face. Her father had past just a few months after Madison was born. It was moments like this she loved because Kevin would always remember them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I know one day I'll give you away,
And I'm gonna stand there and smile.
But when I get home and I'm all alone,
Well I'll sit in your room for a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"UNCLE CHADDY!", Madison shouted as she ran to her uncle down the hospital hall. Chad picked the small girl up spinning her around. "I turn 6 soon!",she said showing him on her fingers. He nodded as he walked over to the Jonas family followed by his wife and three adopted children. As he set his niece down she ran over to her cousin's soon joined by Nick's now walking son.

The Jonas family all greeted her brother and his family after not seeing them in a few years. "How is she?", he asked softly. Suddenly a scream was heard. "That good eh?" making everyone laugh.

Joe laughed as he held his wife and nodded. "Kev, said anytime now"

Not much later a babies cry was heard, everyone stood wondering if the cry was the newest addition to the Jonas clan. They were all smiles as Kevin walked out with a baby wrapped in a blue blanked. "Everyone, meet the newest Jonas boy, Paul Kevin Jonas III", his father said showing off his son to the crowd of family.

"HEY HE LOOKS LIKE ME!", Joe shouted as Kathleen hit his chest. "Well...he might!"

Everyone rolled their eyes and stared in awe as the small child yawned and snuggled into his fathers body.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I didn't cry when Old Yeller died,
At least not in front of my friends.
But when tough little boys grow up to be dads
They turn into BIG babies again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could life get any better for me? I have two beautiful children, a wonderful husband, and a great family. So Joe's a little annoying, but I can deal with it. I'm kidding. As I lay beside Kevin I can't help but feel blessed for every day I've spent with him. If it hadn't been for me making friends with crazy Jonas fans, I may not have been hit in the head by Joe's mic stand. If I hadn't I may not have met 'Paul'. If I hadn't met him, who knows where I would be. Fate seems to work in funny ways. And I'm so glad it is though. If it weren't I probably wouldn't have Kevin, my best friend, my husband, the father to my beautiful son and daughter, and my Rock of Love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When tough little boys grow up to be dads
They turn into BIG babies again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

This is the final chapter of Rock of Love! I really want to thank all the fans of this story. It's been a real joy to hear from all of you! I'm happy that I was able to share my story with you, and I hope all of you will be back in a few weeks to read the musical I'm writing! (Yes a Jonas Brothers Musical!)

Thank you all again for reading this story! I'm SO sorry for the final one taking so long to be posted. I was gonna post it yesterday but my internet got frozen so it didn't work out! I hope you liked this final installment of the story!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE FANS OF THE STORY! Every single one even ones that don't rate or talk to me. It means so much that you even read it!