Status: One Shot

Falling Asleep on a Stranger

1/1

Waking up in the middle of the night and going for a walk was probably not the best idea I have ever had. I pulled my thin sweatshirt around my small frame as tight as I possibly could. It was in the midst of fall in New York. The leaves were changing into reds and oranges and yellows and were all falling to the ground. Even though it was close to midnight, the streets of New York were filled with cars, buses, and trucks. I sat down on a bench thinking. I often wondered where all of the cars were going. Sometimes I wish one would come pick me up and drop me off somewhere wonderful. Sadly, that will never happen. I imaged the red Ferrari racing down the street was on a high speed chase with the cops. The driver inside was a brilliant man with a dangerous criminal mind. He gorgeous partner, wait no, he had a gorgeous girl in the backseat as hostage. I sat there waiting for the cops to come. They never did.

I saw a dark blue mini van parked on the side of the road by a small restaurant. I imagined that the owners of the van were a gay couple with their cute adopted children, one from South Africa and one from here in America. Instead of a gay couple with cute adopted babies, a worn down couple emerged from the restaurant with a string of eight children behind them.

My mother always said me getting lost in my head is going to be a problem. I always answered, "Yes, Mama." with a kiss on the cheek. 'The creative mind doesn't stop', i would always think after. Is it really so bad to get lost in my own world for a bit? I think not, but my opinion really doesn't matter to the world. No bodies' really does, unless your famous.

When I was younger I really thought I would leave my mark on the world. Singing my heart out on stage, playing the guitar. No body ever gave me the chance to be something great. No body ever will. I just sat there thinking about my younger self. I probably let him down. Look at me, I am twenty-four, working at a shitty coffee shop in New York, living in a shitty apartment, paying shitty rent. My life was shitty. Complete and utter shit.

I got up from the bench, wallowing in self pity, making my way to the subway. It was a long walk from where I was to the nearest subway station. The whole time my mind was replaying that stupid pop song by Hot Chelle Rae. It was like #Don't Stay Goodnight or something gay like that. That's why I probably like it. Oh, gay joke number one. Yes I am gay. #Gayisokay

I arrived at the subway station. It was scarier at night. Late night passengers leaned against the wall while a man singing and playing a guitar was in the middle trying to woo the crowd. His long dirty blonde hair and raspy voice didn't help cheer the crowd's spirits. He was playing a Queen song, We Are the Champions. He was failing, miserably. I felt bad for the poor man. I walked over and threw in his red fedora a ten I had in my pocket. He smiled at me, thankful that he probably had money for the night. Then I thought, 'Fuck it.'

I belt out the chorus, joining in. A few people turned the attention away from there phones and to me and the dirty blonde. They started putting in dollars and other small bills into the red fedora. He smiled gratefully at me. Once the song was finished, the subway train had pulled into the station. I had almost made my way into the subway car, when the dirty blonded man tried to give me some money. I shook my head no and walked into the subway finding a seat next to a heavily tattooed man. He looked quite intimidating with all of the tattoos, but he looked kinda shy. I felt my eyes get heavy. The lack of sleep the nights before had caught up with me. I laid my head back, closed my eyes, and before I knew it, I was out cold.

I was shaken out of my slumber by the heavily tattooed man that was seated next to me. My head was laid on his shoulder. I opened my eyes to see an extremely hot guy siting on the other side of me.

"Woah, your hot." I spoke in a half-sleep state. He just chuckled and I widened my eyes. "Oh, shit. Sorry, man."

"No, it's fine." He smiled, showing his dimples.

"I'm Tony." The heavily tattooed man said. I totally forgot he was there.

"Well, thank you." He said. Shit, did I speak my thoughts.

"Yes, you did." Tony said. I just blushed and hid myself in my hands.

"It's okay. Tony is very quiet. I'm Jaime." The hot guy introduced himself.

"Vic."

"Cute name." Jaime winked.

"Do you know what is even cuter? My number in your phone." I smirked. I learned that one from my younger brother's girlfriend. She said it to him the first time they met.

"Well, that was a great choice of words." Jaime smiled.

"We, first, have to ask you a question." Tony said.

"Oh, yeah, that." Jaime smirked. "I heard you singing with that guy. You were really good."

"Thanks." I blushed.

"We, kinda, have a band. We need another guitarist, a singer, and a drummer." Tony stated.

"Well, I can sing-"

"Well, obviously." Jaime butted in.

"I can play the guitar, and my brother, Mike, plays the drums."

"The only problem is that we are moving going back to San Diego." Tony said.

"I grew up there. I was thinking about moving back there. There is nothing for me here." I said.

"Great." Tony spoke.

"Awesome." Jaime smiled. The subway started pulling up to my stop. I started to get up when Jaime pulled me down.

"I still need that number." Jaime smirked. I quickly typed my phone number into his phone. He gave me a quick peck n the lips and pushed me towards the opening doors. I looked back to see Tony waving, and Jaime winking at me. I shook my head smiling. I guess anything can happen in the city that never sleeps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this sucks. I am in another country at 4:20 in the mooring writing this. Great. Go Croatia.