‹ Prequel: Finding Her Way

Gloria's Battle (On Hold)

Chapter Two

"L-Leukemia?" London stuttered.
I nod my head, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.
London walked over to me and embraced me into a hug.
"Don't worry Gloria, you'll get through this, and I'll be here to help you whenever you need it, I promise." London whispered.
I nod my head as tears started to seep out of my eyes and onto London's shirt.

*Two Weeks Later*
I was at the park with Jason, wishing my older brother would come home from war.
Jonathon has been fighting for his country since two days before my thirteenth birthday. I don't know why he couldn't come home, but I wish he would.
"Hey birthday girl," I hear London's voice.
I smiled at him as I get up and give him a hug.
I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around.
My eyes immediately filled with tears. "Jonathon!" I cried throwing my arms around my older brother and began to sob.
"Sh, it's ok little sis, it's ok," Jonathon whispers.
"I missed you so much," I whisper.
"I missed you to Gloria, oh god how I missed you." Jonathon whispers back.

After several minutes later, Jonathon and I gently pulled away.
"I'm sorry I wasn't here when you found out you have Leukemia Gloria. I wanted to go home as soon as I heard, but I wasn't aloud to leave," Jonathon tells me.
"There is nothing to be sorry for Jonathon, ok?" I tell him, a smile on my face.
Jonathon nods his head, "Ok,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter...