Kiss Me, Kiss Me

twelve.

'You’re actually here!’ Michael cheers from the airport’s large lobby, ‘I thought for sure I would have to drag your ass here! Give me a hug. I’ve missed you so damn much.’ Michael throws his arms around my waist squeezing the life out of me.

‘I missed you too!’ I smile, ‘It’s been months Michael!’

‘How was your flight? Was it good?’ Michael questions as he goes to grab my bags before handing them to a large man dressed in all black.

‘It was long, but good.’ I inform Michael thinking back on the small argument I had with my mom before I stormed out of the house. She didn’t call before I got onto the plane but I wasn’t so sure how good the connection was once I was in the air.

‘Good, oh, this is Sam. My personal guard, he goes with me everywhere so don’t get freaked out when you see him standing behind us. He’s actually friendly, right Sam?’

‘Nice to meet you, Mckenzie.’ Sam extends a large hand out to me while I stand close to Michael.

‘Nice to meet you.’ I reply shaking his hand and following them out of the lobby.

Photographers stood outside the sliding doors with their large cameras in their hands. I shield my eyes from the bright hectic flashes coming from every tiny angle. Michael places a secure hand on my back leading me to the blacked out SUV waiting in the front of the line. Sam opens the door and I slide in with Michael while Sam puts the luggage in the trunk.

‘Sorry about that.’ Michael murmurs placing his back against the window to block the flashes.

‘Is it always this crazy wherever you go?’ I wonder sinking down against the leather seats.

‘Pretty much.’

‘Then I’m sorry for you.’ I stiff out a small laugh causing Michael to join in, ‘I’m serious. That has to be horrible!’

‘Oddly enough, I’ve started to get used to it. It doesn’t bother me as much as it did when we were first starting out. Now, it just comes with the overall package.’

‘Speaking of, there’s a show tonight right?’

‘There is. I would understand if you went to sleep instead because of the long flight.’

‘Are you kidding? I would not miss it for anything. I came to see a good show, so don’t disappoint.’ I tease looking over at Michael as we pass through a new place I never saw before.

‘What the hell? I have the show in literally a few hours and you just added so much damn pressure.’ Michael laughs covering his face, ‘watch me fall on my ass on stage tonight.’

‘I’m sorry,’ I give in, ‘I’m sure you’ll be amazing as always.’

Once we get to the hotel, I spot dozens of fans outside chanting over and over. Michael smiles before unbuckling his seat belt as Sam comes to a slow stop.

‘Stay close to me, all right? The fans can get a little pushy when we come around.’ Michael informs me just as Sam opens the door letting us out.

The girls and some guys erupt in screams once Michael is in eyesight. I stand in between Sam and Michael while we all rush into the hotel. Sam goes back to get my luggage then we get into the elevator to go up to the room.

‘Okay, here we are.’ Michael speaks as he slides the sleek card into the room’s door, ‘I am right across the hall. I’m sharing a room with Calum so I got you your very own room. Just because I didn’t know how comfortable you would feel in the same room or bed-…’

‘You’re rambling,’ I point out with a smile, ‘It’s perfect Michael, really. I cannot thank you enough for talking me to come here and for doing all this for me.’

‘As long as you’re happy.’ Michael sets down my luggage in the corner of the room, ‘that’s all that matters.’

‘Thank you.’ I repeat wrapping my arms around his toned waist.

‘Come on, let’s find the guys.’ Michael grabs my wrist and pulls me down the hall before opening the door to some room. ‘Where are you assholes?’

‘Mckenzie!’ Luke and Calum jump up from the bed where they were playing FIFA.

‘So this is what you look like when you’re not on his screen?’ Luke jokes, ‘I actually started to think that you were some program Michael created.’

‘Ha ha.’ Michael pushes Luke out of the way, ‘shut up. Where’s Ashton?’

‘He’s at the pool with Bryana.’ Calum answers pulling his phone out of his tight black jeans, ‘Shit we gotta leave for the venue soon.’

‘Hey, I’m going to change out of the airport clothes and freshen up real quick. Is that okay?’ I wonder looking up at Michael.

‘Yeah, go for it. I’ll make sure we won’t leave without you.’

‘All right, I will see you in a bit, nice seeing you again guys.’

‘You too.’ Calum and Luke call in unison.

I go into the room to take a quick shower and get changed for the show. I turn the shower on the fancy before then stand at the window. The room had the most incredible view of the city and all the fans below. Police cars were making their way towards the venue that was apparently not too far away. Fans held signs up down in the streets expressing their love to the band. I use my phone to take a few quick pictures before getting in the shower. Once I’m down I put on a pair of black jeans with a striped tank and black sandals. I run the brush through my hair a couple of times before going around hall with my purse to leave for the venue.

‘You look nice,’ Michael smiles happily, ‘are you ready to go?’

‘Yes, I’m so excited! If there’s this many fans outside I can only imagine how many there are at the venue waiting for you.’

‘It amazes me too.’ Michael says pulling his cellphone from its charger then leading the way down to the lobby. ‘Oh, Ashton look who’s here.’ Michael announces as Ashton enters the lobby with a blonde girl behind him.

‘Mckenzie, hey. Long time no see.’ Ashton waves, ‘this is Bryana. Bryana, that’s Mckenzie.’

‘Hi.’ We speak at the same time while walking towards the glass doors.

With the help of Sam, Michael and I climb to the very back of the van together with Luke while Calum sat up front with Ashton and Bryana. Fans slap the glass as we drive back causing me to slightly wince uncomfortably. Michael senses my discomfort then places his hand over mine for the duration of the ride to the venue.

‘Come on, I wanna show you around.’ He speaks excitedly as I link my arm through his.

Michael shows me where they get changed for their performance then he takes me to the food area where they had a cook on stand by and then to their entertainment room filled with some of their favorite movies and FIFA. Michael and I sneak away to the backstage area where he shows me all of the controls and the special place they keep their guitars.

‘Michael!’ some girl calls as I feel my arm link around Michael that much firmer. ‘Hey, who’s this?’

‘Mckenzie, this is Celeste. Celeste, this would be Mckenzie.’