Kiss Me, Kiss Me

fourteen.

‘So what are we going to do for three hours?’ I wonder looking over at Michael as the two of us lie in his bunk on our way to Paris for the next show.

‘We could watch a movie, if you want or play the game for a few hours.’ He suggests, running a hand through his bright red hair.

‘Okay, let’s watch a movie.’ I nod in return, nestling against a fluffy pillow in his bunk.

Halfway into the Amazing Spiderman, I let out a yawn rubbing my eyes to stay awake. The more I stared at the screen the heavier my eyes felt.

‘Someone’s sleepy.’ Michael singsongs taking his eyes from the screen, ‘your jetlag may be catching up to you.’

‘I’m not sleepy.’ I defend, just as another yawn falls from my mouth.

‘I’ll wake you when we get there.’ Michael smiles turning off the movie, throwing his blue stripped sheet over my legs.

It felt like I was sleep for a matter of minutes before Michael was lightly shaking me. I stretch in the tiny bunk pulling the sheet over my head, still tired.

‘Come on – there’s fancy hotel beds waiting for us.’ He carefully climbs over me, dropping to the floor of the bus.

When I finally make it to the front of the bus the others were slowly going out with duffle bags in their hands. Michael throws his backpack on, grabbing his laptop as he went. I drag my suitcase off of the bus to walk right into ecstatic squeals and shouts. Security and local police hold back fans as everyone makes their way to the hotel lobby.

‘Is it like this everywhere you go?’ I whisper to Michael looking out at dozens of fans shouting lyrics to one of their songs.

‘Some fans are more excited than others – Paris is definitely one of those places. The fans here are extremely passionate and they just go all out every time.’

‘It’s nearly four in the morning and they waited just to get a glimpse of you guys. How do you wrap your head around that?’

‘Honestly, I don’t. I still cannot believe this happens when we tour. It’s pretty mind-blowing.’

‘Alright, here are the room keys everyone. Let’s get some sleep.’ The tour manager distributes the room keys to each of the guys and crew one by one.

‘We are in 303.’ Michael grins holding up the sleek key card, ‘I cannot wait to sleep.’

Michael and I say goodnight to the others as everyone disappears on the third floor. He slips the key card into the door and pushes it open, swiping the light on. The room exceeded any expectation I had. There were two queen sized beds, with giant flat screen TV in the middle. The mini-fridge was stocked with every snack and drink that you could possibly think of. The bathroom was just as big as the room, with a separate shower and tub. I walk over to the window, slightly pulling back the curtains getting the best view of the Eiffel Tower.

‘I never want to leave.’ I gush falling back into the bed, instantly sinking into the cool sheets. ‘It’s so amazing here.’

‘Just wait until I take you site-seeing tomorrow.’

‘This is really sappy but I could never thank you enough for bringing me here Michael. This is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me.’

‘Don’t mention it.’ Michael replies with a smile from across the room.

‘Really, thank you.’

‘Mckenzie, could I ask you something?’

Michael’s Point of View

‘Mckenzie could I ask you something?’ I blurt out before I had an opportunity to take the words back.

‘Anything.’ She nods looking at me with curious eyes, ‘what’s up?’

‘I,’ I pause feeling completely out of my comfort-zone, ‘never-mind.’

‘No, what is it?’ Mckenzie urges sitting up in the bed to walk over to me.

‘I want you to be my girlfriend.’ I utter, quickly looking down at my black Converse, not able to face her in that moment. I wordlessly pray that she doesn’t shoot me down immediately or go into a speech about how the two of us would be better friends than anything else.

‘Well, aren’t we supposed to go on a real date first.’ She speaks, with a taunting smile.

‘Okay,’ I retort feeling a thousand times better, ‘I’m going to take you on a “real date” tomorrow so be ready.’

‘Okay.’ She repeats, allowing her head to fall against the hotel’s fluffy pillows. ‘Now, I’m going to get some sleep so I can be well-rested for my date tomorrow. Goodnight.’

‘Goodnight.’ I reply pulling out my phone to tweet with the fans for about an hour before going to get some sleep myself. Thank God we had a day off tomorrow. I could sleep until noon.

Halfway into the night, Mckenzie hovers over me in the dark nearly giving me a heart attack. I blindly slap around in the air until I finally get a hold of the nearby lamp. Her eyebrows were knitted together as she rocks back and forth.

‘What’s wrong?’ I sit up in the bed rubbing my eyes to get a better view.

‘I just have trouble sleeping in new places.’ She confesses, ‘would it be okay if I slept with you?’

‘Here come on.’ I slide over in the bed, pulling back the sheets so she could squeeze in with me. ‘You okay?’

‘Yeah, I’ll be okay. I’m sorry for waking you.’

‘Don’t.’ I assure her turning off the light, on the verge of closing my eyes once again, ‘are we supposed to be sleeping together before the first date?’ I tease, attempting to lighten the room.

She lets out a brief set of giggles before nestling against me, quickly snoring moments later. I subtlety allow my lips to touch her hair before falling back into a deep slumber. When I wake, Mckenzie is nowhere to be found. I head down the hall to Calum’s room, then Luke’s, and finally Ashton’s.

‘She went with Bryana.’ He answers, not bothering to look around at me. ‘I think they said something about getting some outfit or something.’

‘Hm, okay.’ I mutter, feeling a bit bitter that I wasn’t the one who took her out to see the city.

To kill some time, I headed downstairs to get some breakfast with Calum. After meeting with some fans waiting in the hotel’s lobby, I head back upstairs to find Mckenzie placing something in her suitcase.

‘Hey,’ she smiles standing to her feet, ‘Sorry I left this morning, I wanted to get something to wear for our date.’

‘Well, are you going to let me see it?’ I wiggle my eyebrows at her running a hand across the stubble on my face.

‘No,’ she immediately answers shaking her head several times, ‘you are going to have to wait until tonight Clifford.’

God she was going to be the death of me, I swear it.