Kiss Me, Kiss Me

fifteen.

I nervously get ready in the room while Michael was across the hall getting dressed in Luke’s. I decided to go with a simple pair of black jeans, booties, and this plunging black top with the help of Bryana. Usually, I hated spending any money especially on myself but tonight I wanted to look nice. Bryana does my hair and makeup, making me her own personal doll before giving me a push towards the mirror.

‘See. You look incredible – Michael’s going to lose it.’ She smiles pleased, ‘And that top looks so good. Your boobs look really nice.’

‘Um, thank you?’ I laugh, feeling a bit more relaxed. ‘I wonder where we’re going.’

‘Knowing Michael, somewhere simple.’ Bryana shrugs, packing up her hair care products, ‘I have to go meet Ashton for dinner but I want to hear all about your date in the morning. Have fun.’

‘Thanks.’ I call as she leaves the room.

‘Mckenzie, you ready?’ Michael inquires after tapping the door lightly.

‘Coming!’ I call grabbing my purse from the bed and scurrying to the door. With a brief inhale/exhale I pull the door open standing face-to-face with Michael.

‘You look really good.’ He runs a hand on the back of his neck nervously. I smile to myself, feeling relieved that I wasn’t the only one nervous.

Michael was dressed in a pair of black jeans, a red flannel, and his converse. He extends his hand out to me which I happily take. I hesitantly follow him through the lobby with one large man trailing behind us for security. The fans were waiting eagerly, a mass of them. I could already feel myself getting anxious, holding onto Michael’s hand tighter.

‘Hey, you’re okay.’ He soothes, feeling my grip, ‘It goes by much quicker than you think. We’ll be fine.’

I nod firmly as the hotel’s security pushes open the fancy glass doors. Some fans instantly try to get pass all the security with no luck. Bright flashes went off from nearly every angle as Michael pulls me past all the people. I hear some shout, asking if we’re together or not. Michael smiles at them, apologizing repeatedly for not being able to stop for pictures. He promises that he’ll stop when he comes back when things calm down.

‘See, it wasn’t so bad.’ He grins, looking down at me.

‘I guess not.’ I smile glancing back at the dozens of fans that waited back at the hotel. ‘So, where are we going?’

‘On a real date.’ Michael speaks coyly, not giving any hints. ‘We’re almost there.’

‘Is he going with us?’ I whisper, looking over my shoulder to see the large man in all black still trailing closely behind us.

‘I know it’s annoying but unfortunately they say its something like a safety precaution so where I go, he goes. He’s actually pretty cool.

‘He’s huge.’ I turn once again, only to be caught staring by Sam. He offers a wave of his large hand and I return the gesture.

Michael and I go into a small restaurant just a few blocks away from the Eiffel Tower. Sam gets a table right behind our booth, keeping a protective eye on us. I listen while Michael tries to read the menu in a horrible French accent.

‘What are you staring at?’ I wonder, after our waiter takes our order and disappears to get our drinks.

‘You.’ He smiles from across the table, giving me thousands of butterflies, ‘I can’t help it. I don’t think I can stress just how good you look tonight.’

‘Quite the flatterer.’

‘So have you given any idea what you’re going to do when you go back to Texas?’ Michael inquires, twirling his paste with the metal fork.

‘None. I didn’t leave on the best of terms with my mom.’ I admit, staring down at my plate, ‘We had this thing – she didn’t think I was ready to jet across the world to meet up with you. I kind of rushed out in the heat of things without looking back.’

‘What? Why didn’t you tell me? I could’ve called her and maybe eased her mind somewhat and let her know that you would be perfectly okay and looked after.’

‘I honestly wasn’t thinking, there was all the stuff with Devin at Earth Bound I just wanted to get as far away from Texas as quick as I could.’

‘I could still come down there and kiss his ass if you want during a few days off.’ Michael stiffs out a laugh in order to ease the tension. I laugh along with him nodding my head several times.

‘As much as I would love to see that I don’t think that he’s worth it. I’m probably just going to start looking around for a new job when I get back.’

‘Or you could just stay on tour with me, if you want.’ He suggests wiggling his eyebrows at me.

‘You know I wouldn’t feel right but thank you though. I’m pretty sure if I’m not back within a week or so my mom will have the entire world looking for me.’

‘Whenever you feel like you need to get away from it all or anything just call me and we can arrange something. Maybe I could come there for a few days or you could fly out to me again, whatever works at the time.’

‘Okay.’ I merely say. I wasn’t used to a guy like Michael so it was all so new to me. He was so selfless and caring, he just wanted to make me happy no matter what which was refreshing. In the past, I was just with guys who looked after themselves and I was a far off second. Michael was completely the opposite of my last boyfriends, I guess that’s why I was so crazy about him.

After dinner, we walk beside Sam and get as close to the Eiffel Tower as we could. I gaze up at this iconic monument in amazement, I still couldn’t believe that I was actually in Paris. Paris. I lived in Texas my entire life and I still hadn’t visited Paris, Texas yet but somehow I’m in Paris, France. It was beyond mind-blowing.

‘What’s on your mind?’ Michael questions cutting into my daydreaming.

‘You, this. I’m just really happy right now.’

‘I am too.’

As promised when we make it back to the hotel, Michael stops with numerous fans taking selfies and signing papers. I wait in the lobby while Sam carefully hovers over Michael while he takes time to stop for each fan.

‘Goodnight Sam.’ We call in unison as he slips into his room for the night.

‘Since, I can’t exactly walk you to the door.’ Michael comments, pressing me against the door carefully and brushing his lips against mine. I feel myself smile into the kiss while I wrap my arms around his neck.

‘He did it!’ Calum shouts from beyond his door causing Luke to burst out in a fit of laughter.

‘I hate them so much.’ Michael jokes pulling me into our shared room. He’s already kicking off his shoes and making his way to his bed.

‘Well, aren’t you going to ask again?’ I taunt folding my arms across my chest.

‘Oh,’ He blinks, somewhat stunned, ‘Would you want to make this friendship into more of a relationship.’

‘That was so bad,’ I laugh falling into bed beside him, ‘but yes.’