‹ Prequel: Messy Ending
Status: Thank you so much for reading! I love you all! <3

Tears on the Runway

"We're In Oregon, Should Be Home Tomorrow." -Ben

"Dai!" Caitlin, my older sister, squealed. "This is all so exciting! My baby sister is getting married!" Her overwhelming excitement wasn't at all stifled by the fact that she held two fussy toddlers in her arms.

Today I'd driven four hours to visit my sister in Kingsburg, California and when I arrived on her doorstep she'd invited me to a nearby cafe while Travis, her husband, was at work. She'd gathered her twins, Jax and Atalie, up and we secured an outside table at the restaurant. The last time I'd even been in this town was December when my boyfriend, now fiance, Ben had brought me for my birthday. It was now June.

A small smile graced my lips and I outstretched my arms to take my nephew in them.

"Have you guys talked about where or when the wedding will be held?" my sister questioned, rocking my niece back and forth in her soothing embrace.

"Actually," I began with a wide grin. "That's something I wanted to talk to you about. We've decided that the wedding will be held in London. We'll fly Steph, Sammi, Travis, Jax, Attie, and you out, definitely. If grandma and grandpa want to attend we'll fly them out too, but only if they promise to be nice."

"London?! Are you serious?! That's amazing! It's been forever since we've been back there."

"And... And, and," I started again, cutting her excitement short. "I would absolutely love if my big sister would be one of my bridesmaids." A small, encouraging smile spread over my lips. I'd already asked Steph and Brandi to be my other bridesmaids. I'd asked Sammi to be my maid of honor. Just as Danny would be Ben's best man and the other boys would be his groomsmen.

A huge grin lit up her face. "Of course, Daisy," she answered, using the childhood nickname she'd always called me, especially because I loved picking daisies out of my grandmother's garden, no matter how often she scolded me for it. That and the fact that the flower went so well with my actual nickname. "Have you decided when the wedding will be?" she asked.

"Late July. Probably July 26th. Next week when Ben gets back, we're flying out there so I'll have the chance to get to know his family before the big day."

Ben had been on tour for close to two months and I missed him like crazy. He called me everyday and FaceTimed me every night after his show, which usually resulted in one or both of us falling asleep. Every now and then the words my grandmother had said to me about him cheating whilst on the road came back to me. I doubt he would even have time to be be unfaithful on the road, though. He always, always called me before every show and FaceTimed me immediately, unless there's a shower at the venue then he takes a shower and FaceTimes me afterwards. There isn't any time for him to cheat.

A melodious chime interrupted my thoughts and worries, my ringtone. I'd completely disregarded the time and, foolishly, realized it was six thirty; it was the time Ben always called me. After all it was the most logical of times. The shows usually began at that time, sometimes seven, which gave him an hour and a half, maybe two, to talk to me while the other three bands played. Directly after the show, usually eleven or midnight, he'd FaceTime.

I shifted the little boy in my arms to get to my phone and put it to my ear after first answering the call. "Hey, baby," I greeted, holding Jax close to my body.

"Hello, love." Even though I couldn't physically see him, I could hear the smile in his voice. "What're you up to?" The background, as always, was nearly loud enough that I felt like I was standing right next to him. To be honest, I would be happier if I were standing next to him right now.

"I'm hanging out with Caitlin right now," I explained as my sister took her son from my arms so I could focus more fully on my boyfriend. Politely, she sat with her children pressed against her body and waited for an end to my conversation. The children had fallen quiet, taken to listening to their mother's soft hums and my end of the conversation. Say what you want about Caitlin, but there is no disputing the fact that she's a fantastic mother.

"Oh, are you too busy to talk? Would you rather just FaceTime tonight?" he questioned, yelling over music that sounded like Motionless In White.

"No, baby, I can talk now. I miss you." My lips curled down in a frown.

"I miss you too. We're in Oregon, should be home tomorrow. After that we'll pack and then we're London bound!"

"Tomorrow?! I thought it'd be at least another week!" Excitement pumped through my veins.

"Tomorrow for sure."

Then we did what we usually do... we talked about any and everything until finally Ben said the words I dreaded during each phone conversation, "Listen, baby, it's our turn to play. I'll talk to you after the show. I love you."

"I love you too, Ben. Make me proud out there." I grinned even though he couldn't see me.

"Sure thing. I hope I make my girl proud." And then the line went dead. Another forty-five minutes before I'd get to see my boyfriend's handsome face and another day before I'd get to be in his arms again. I could not wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baaaaaaaacccckkkkkkk.

I want to thank all of you that have stuck this far. This story had 18 subscribers before I even began this story! Thank you, thank you, thank you so fucking much. I love all my readers and commenters and subscribers and recommenders. I really do.

I already had chapter 2 written in my notebook, but I'll wait for some comments letting me know how I did before I upload it.