‹ Prequel: Messy Ending
Status: Thank you so much for reading! I love you all! <3

Tears on the Runway

"Who's this?" -???

“Pregnant?!” Caitlin squealed in excitement.

“That’s wonderful! Congrats!” Steph gushed.

“Have you been to the doctor?” Deborah questioned.

Everyone had slowly began talking at once. The other restaurant patrons had turned to look at our table in annoyance, which brought a pink tint to my cheeks as I averted my eyes.

“Hey, hey, hey. One at a time.” Ben hushed everyone, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. “You’re overwhelming her.”

“Have you been to the doctor, dear?” Ben’s mother asked again.

“Not yet,” I told her, cautiously. “We only found out a few days ago. We’re going to wait until at least after the wedding or until we get back to the states.”

“I wouldn’t wait too long, Dai,” Caitlin warned.

“I know,” I murmured. Suddenly I felt the overwhelming feeling that everyone’s eyes were burning holes into me, expectantly… almost judging. “Um, excuse me,” I blurted suddenly, leaving my seat to head in the direction of the bathroom. I heard several curious whispers behind me as I left.

Maybe it was all in my head. Maybe they weren’t judging me for announcing my pregnancy days before my wedding. I couldn’t be imagining all the eyes that bore into me, though. I felt suffocated under the weight of all their stares.

“Dai?” Sammi popped her head around the bathroom door. “You okay?”

I lifted my gaze away from the smudged bathroom mirror to look at my best friend. “Yeah… I just could feel everyone staring at me.”

“It’s just a little shocking, that’s all.” She hesitantly stepped forward and rested her small hand on my shoulder. “You and Ben are just going through a lot of major life changes right now. We’re all just so happy for you!” she gushed, taking both of my hands in both of hers.

“Thanks for being here, Sam.” I took her in my arms.

“Always,” she whispered into my hair. “we should get back out there.” She broke free of my embrace and smiled at me. “Your man is waiting,” she giggled while nudging me with her shoulder.

“Okay,” I agreed, letting a small smile sneak onto my lips.

“Babe!” Ben called when Sammi and I emerged from the bathroom. “You okay?” he asked softer when I slipped into the seat next to him.

I gave him a sidelong glance and a grin. “Yeah, I am,” I whispered back to him.

The food had been delivered and set out while Sammi and I were in the bathroom and we all dug in, hungrily.

“Ben?” We suddenly heard a female’s voice behind us. “Ben Bruce?”

Before we turned around I noticed Bex’s eyes, along with most of the band members, widen to the size of saucers.

Ben and I turned around to search out the source of the voice. Upon seeing the woman in front of us his smile disappeared and the blood drained from Ben’s face.

The woman in front of us was unfairly beautiful. She had this vampiric feel to her look. Raven black hair fell down her back in perfect waves, standing out in stark contrast against her ivory complexion. Her skin was flawless, her make up perfect, dark chocolate eyes embedded in her skull. She wore a black summer dress that clung to her torso and black heels to match, showing off her perfect body. This girl was far prettier than I could ever wish to be.

“Who’s this?” the woman giggled obnoxiously.

“This is my fiancee Dai,” Ben told her confidently, resting his hand on my upper thigh.

I looked him in the eye, confused. I hoped that I was using my eyes to signal that he needed to give me an explanation on who this woman that knew him so well was.

I must have gotten the message across because Ben turned to me, hesitantly, and said, “Dai, this is my ex-fiancee, Samantha.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas!

Sorry about all the cliffhangers! lol