‹ Prequel: Messy Ending
Status: Thank you so much for reading! I love you all! <3

Tears on the Runway

"I Think We Should Get A Dog." -Dai

"Spending the night?" Caitlin queried, strapping both of her twins into the backseat of her very practical Honda Civic.

"Yeah. If I were to head home now it'd be nearly midnight before I even got there, plus the added time it would require to go get my car." It was an sort of an impulsive decision to drive four hours to visit my big sister and her family. Caitlin was surprised when she opened the door to reveal me standing there, but she offered to take me to lunch. We'd used her car, leaving mine in her driveway.

"Alright. You can take the couch. Sorry, that's all we can offer you," she apologized.

"Don't worry about it, Caiti," I assured her, sliding into the leather passenger seat. "I just wanted to spend time with you."

****


Almost immediately after we arrived at Caitlin's tiny two bedroom house, she bathed the twins and put them to bed. As soon as her twins cries ceased and they had presumably fallen asleep, she too went to bed. I, however, dressed in loose, gray, cotton shorts and a black, Pink Floyd tank top I'd stolen from Ben. Without much care, I threw my dark hair into a messy bun at the top of my head to wait for my FaceTime call from Ben. I laid across the ugly, green, cushioned couch in Caitlin's living room. Aquilt our grandmother had made draped over my sprawled body.

Ever since Ben had been on tour, and even a few weeks prior to that, I'd technically moved in with him. I almost never slept at the apartment Sammi and I once shared. I guess it came along with getting engaged to him. Although, I'd have to speak with Ben about getting a dog. It got awfully lonely without him there, which was what partially drove me to stay at least a night with Caitlin.

At that moment I was pulled from my reverie when my phone lit up with the daily FaceTime call I'd come to expect from my boyfriend. There'd been only one time he'd missed the call. He'd showered and fallen asleep directly after, not even dressed, and awoke the next day, blowing up my phone with apology texts. Danny had even vouched for his alibi when I came to him, worried, considering Ben's past with faithfulness. I didn't want to have trust issues with him, but I almost didn't have a choice.

I quickly accepted the FaceTime request. My absolutely gorgeous boyfriend's face popped up on the screen of my iPhone. "Ben!" I squealed, quietly, remembering the sleeping toddlers and my sister.

"Hey, love." He grinned toothily at me. "It's great to see your smiling face again.

"Tomorrow you'll get to see it in person," I reminded him, flashing him another sleepy smile.

"Tomorrow cannot come quick enough," he said. "I've missed you so much, Dai."

"I've missed you too, babe. Two months without you is way too long," I told him, pausing for a moment before continuing on. "You know... I think we should get a dog. It gets awfully lonely without you here." I used the big, puppy-like eyes that I knew he had trouble resisting.

For a moment, he seemed to scrutinize my face. "Well... I have always wanted a dog, but it wasn't logical due to the time I spent on the road..." He paused in thought. "Okay, when we get back from London we'll get a dog."

"Yay!" I squealed. "I love you so much, Ben!"

"I love you too, baby." He chuckled the very soothing chuckle that sometimes put me to sleep when we were up late talking, like a lullaby.

"Did you have a good show?" I asked through a stifled yawn.

"It would've been better if you'd been there to see me play." Being able to actually see him this time, his lower lip puffed out in a pout.

"Tomorrow isn't much longer to wait," I pointed out, closing my eyes lazily and resting my head on the pillow Caitlin had pulled out of the closet for me.

"Come see me play tomorrow?" Ben inquired in a soft voice.

"Of course, babe," I agreed through another yawn.

"Mkay." My eyes were still shut, but I heard the smile in his voice. "I love you. See you tomorrow." His voice started drifting away, merging with my dreamland as I slipped from consciousness.

That night, on my sister's ugly green couch, I dreamed of what the future would hold with Ben. And it was absolutely perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update!

Thank you, lovelies:
taylormotionless
SynysterxSavannah

Let me know what you think! C: