‹ Prequel: Messy Ending
Status: Thank you so much for reading! I love you all! <3

Tears on the Runway

"You're Too Perfect For Me." -Dai

“Ben!” I shrieked, jumping out of my skin in surprise. The white stick with that little pink plus sign quivered in between my fingers.

Ben’s eyes noticed my shaky hands and landed on the test I held before they flicked to look me in the eyes. Uncertainly, he reached out to me, to my hands more specifically. It was almost as if he were asking my permission to have a look. I obliged, placing the test in his reaching fingers.

Bex, who I had forgotten was standing behind us this entire time, weaved past us to make a silent exit.

“This is really happening?” my fiancee finally spoke up, a nervous edge to his voice. His voice seemed to echo off the tiles in the silent bathroom.

Tears pooled at the edges of my eyes. The nausea in my stomach writhed my stomach far worse than it had been that morning. I nodded in confirmation.

“You’re crying, love.” Ben sat the test at the edge of the counter and used his fingertips to wipe my tears away. I hadn’t realized I’d let the tears slip down my cheeks. “Why are you crying?” His strong arms circled my waist and he led me to the mattress in the adjacent bedroom, pulling me down to sit with him.

“I don’t want to ruin your plans,” I managed to choke out. “I don’t want you to be unhappy or feel trapped.” More tears came, faster, as the dam I’d built to hold them back broke down completely.

“Honey,” he murmured, his hand rubbing soothing circles into my back. “I’m the one who proposed to you. I don’t think I could feel less trapped.”

“But the band-” I started.

“Dai, when I proposed to you I envisioned starting a family with you. Sure it’s sooner than either of us were expecting, but we’ll be okay. The band will be okay. They’ll make do. I would give it up completely if we didn’t need the money-”

“I would never ask you to do that, Ben!” I interjected.

“I know you wouldn’t, love.” Ben took my small hands in his calloused, larger ones. “But I want you to know I would literally do anything to make you and our child happy.”

I bit my lip and chanced a look at his pale green eyes. “So you’re not upset?”

“Upset? No! Of course not!” he bellowed, letting out a small chuckle. “We’re going to be parents, Dai! I’m going to be a dad!” His eyes lit up, voice giddy.

Wiping my eyes, I let out a small laugh. I brought Ben’s face down to mine and pressed my lips against his. “You’re too perfect for me,” I murmured when I pulled my face back to look at him.

“I’m just trying to be the perfection you deserve.” He smiled and pulled me into another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short. Sorry.
I'm not even sure how I feel about this story anymore I started when I was in high school and I feel it isn't that good, but I want to stick it out. I just don't know how I feel or what I should do.