100 Proof Octane

You're chasing a ghost with no brakes, slow down

Two Months; Aria

“I can’t believe you moved back home because of Tobey.” Dino says as he walks into my new office in Manhattan. “But I applaud you for opening your own firm. I guess your years of ass kissing paid off.”

“My clients and connections go where I go,” I tell him, “I made that company what it was. I figured it was time for me to go out on my own. I’m an amazing private car saleswoman, I don’t need a big company name to validate that.”

“Did you find me my car?” He asks.

A smirk appears on my lips as I pull out the keys to the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Dino asked me to find months ago, “did you ever doubt me Dino?”

“Hand them over.”

I slide over the contract, still holding onto the keys, “you know the rules, sign and pay.”

“Is it 495 large?”

“You wanted an expensive car, you should know the high price tag that comes along with it.” I say, “the guy wasn’t letting go of that car willingly. Lucky for you, I’m a master at persuasion. He’ll be here any minute now and he’s going to want all of that $495,000 price tag.”

“You couldn’t talk him down?” He asks, giving me a look that says he already knows the answer.

“The $99,000 paycheck I’m getting was too nice for me to give it up.” I smirk, causing the man in front of me to groan. He, however, knew that I’ll milk him for everything he’s worth after the shit he put me through when we were together. He’s still here only to try and get me to talk to Tobey for him.

“What are your plans this weekend?” Dino asks, making small talk as he signs the contract.

“Tobey’s racing tonight,” I reply, “I’m going up there to support him, plus he’s going to help me work on my dad’s old car.”

“Why don’t you just scrap that old piece of shit?” He questions, “it’s probably worth more as scrap metal.”

“Sentimental value, Brewster.” I reply, shortly. “Earlier on the phone you mentioned about another car you wanted me to look for. What car is it?” Without verbally replying, Dino hands over a picture. I immediately knew the red car in the picture. “You want me to find you a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento? There are only 20 made, it’ll be nearly impossible to find. Plus you know how much that car can go up to?”

“2.9 million, I’m aware.” Dino dryly replies. “Which means you get a $580,000 commision. Nice paycheck huh?”

“It’ll still be impossible to find.” I repeat. “But I’ll see what I can do.”

“I’m sure the mistress of persuasion and deceit can get me that car.” He smirks. An annoyed sigh escapes my lips as I roll my eyes. He’s the worst person to work for but if I drop him, I’ll probably get dropped by my other clients. Dino Brewster, right now, is my claim to fame. I can’t afford to disappoint him and he knows this…

**
I pull up to Marshall Motors hours later. Tobey is talking to some guy in a suit and it doesn’t seem to be going well if Tobey’s body language is anything to go by. I’ll ask him about this later, I think to myself as I park my car and kill the engine. I take the keys out of the ignition and grab my bag before getting out of the car. As I do I hear Joe and Finn arguing about something, immediately stopping when I hear Petey say that Monarch is talking about Tobey. A smile appears on my face as I talk into the shop; my heels clicking against the concrete was more than enough sound to gain the attention of the 3 boys in front of me.

“Hey, Ria!” Pete says quickly, shushed by Joe and Finn before they go back to listening to whatever Monarch is saying..

“Nice to see you boys too.” I chuckle before heading towards Tobey’s office so I can get changed out of this dress and these heels.

After getting changed, I head out just in time to hear Monarch talking about Tobey’s driving skill then shit on his car afterwards. I can’t help but to laugh; mainly because I agree. Tobey is an amazing drive, he just needs a faster car.

“The sad thing is that I agree with Monarch,” I state, earning the attention of Petey, Joe, Finn and even Benny. “Tobey is amazing, just needs a better car.”

“How about you get him one then?” Benny laughs, “I’m sure you can hook homeboy up with a supercar.”

I just laugh as Tobey walks in, looking semi-distressed. A smile appears on his lips as soon as he see me, “how was work?”

“As much fun as one person can have while taking money away from Dino Brewster.” I chuckle as he pulls me into a hug.

“I don’t like you working for him.” He states, “it can’t be healthy.”

“Taking obscene amount of money from my ex isn’t healthy?” I scoff, “he’s a paycheck Tobey, nothing more.”

“He liked the car you got him?”

“So much he wants me to find him another,” I reply, “this time an Elemento.”

“The same car that there were only 20 made?”

“Yep.” I sigh, “wish me luck?”

“Don’t you need luck, babe,” Tobey says as he flings an arm around my shoulders,”you’ve never needed luck.” Despite the smile growing on his lips, I can tell something is bothering him. I’ll just wait til after the race to ask, I don’t need to distract him from crossing the finish line first...
♠ ♠ ♠
Aria; work
Aria; with the boys

comment&subscribe?